"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 06:32:55 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: PvP and others  (Read 6307 times)

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
Re: PvP and others
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2012, 05:01:25 pm »

fr is good because it saves time when relogging to crafter so i like it for that. their should be a decrease in skills thou. in all combat skills,sneak and ac. if someone frs for pvp then they should be given a 3 min decrease of all combat skills to -100. this way atleast the winning team has time to loot (poor bbs wont be able to fight back for their loot) but will still be able to come back and fight in 3 min if they wish to.
Roaming the waste again.

DocAN.

• Testing FO: Reloaded
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2012, 05:54:56 pm »

whats the problem here, FR? i dont think so, coz it brings more action then ever b4.
If you dont want to use/fight vs waves of alts just ask devs for no lvl cap, and Alt related with forum account.
FOnline: Reloaded - Post apocalyptic mmorpg
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2012, 05:59:01 pm »

If you dont want to use/fight vs waves of alts just ask devs for no lvl cap, and Alt related with forum account.

Or say goodbye to players who just simply don't have many alts or don't have time for that.

FR is no-go in general, because you think it's fun doesn't make it good, it simply just doesn't work that way. Nobody is going to stop play if you mostly would use 1 character in combat, on the other hand players are discouraged to play if they have to have multiple to be effective.

I have no problems with FR myself, i have dozen of alts and whatever, but i rather would like to rely less on who have more alts on WM. If the enemy has more alts it's usually a downhill battle, where is the fun in that?

"hurr durr, we have 8 more alts then the opponent team, we have more chances to win, hurr."
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 06:12:05 pm by T-888 »

LeMark

• Tim & Tom & Ted Lawyer Agency
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2012, 06:15:43 pm »

"hurr durr, we have 8 more alts then the opponent team, we have more chances to win, hurr."

Explain me the difference between that and

"we have 8 more players then the oppenent team, we have more chances to win, hurr"
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2012, 06:17:00 pm »

Or say goodbye to players who just simply don't have many alts or don't have time for that.

FR is no-go in general, because you think it's fun doesn't make it good, it simply just doesn't work that way. Nobody is going to stop play if you mostly would use 1 character in combat, on the other hand players are discouraged to play if they have to have multiple to be effective.

I have no problems with FR myself, i have dozen of alts and whatever, but i rather would like to rely less on who have more alts on WM. If the enemy has more alts it's usually a downhill battle, where is the fun in that?

Exactly ... so whats better 10 vs 10 no FR if 1 side lose there is not so high chance that they ragequit because they lose 1 stuff

or 10 vs 10 with FR with unknown ammount of waves which will piss one side and force them to ragequit  because they lost 1-5 or more stuffs ??

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2012, 06:21:31 pm »

Explain me the difference between that and

"we have 8 more players then the oppenent team, we have more chances to win, hurr"

8 players for team 1 and 11 players for team 2, doable for team 1. Not the case if team 1 has 16 alts, 2 per one player, team 2 has 26, due to few members having more than 2 alts per player. It's a huge snowball effect, it's more than ever about numbers, but it seems you are too blind to see it.

LeMark

• Tim & Tom & Ted Lawyer Agency
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2012, 06:28:31 pm »

you are too blind to see it.

Again some insult  ::)  you seems to be a very limited man to always come so fast to insult.

If you are not blind, you already saw mass player (like Norht Bandits) don't have FR for each member, only faction like BBS have many Fr for each players, that make fight 1 more team on battlefield so more fight 2 way more longer so way more fun.

I know now you can't buy mass militia the game is harder for you...
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 06:33:23 pm by LeMark »

avv

« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2012, 06:46:48 pm »

whats the problem here, FR? i dont think so, coz it brings more action then ever b4.

Actually it brings less action. Players without fastrelog will simply stay out of action because they know they won't stand a chance.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2012, 06:48:00 pm »

It's an expression, you are very sensitive if you take such simple words to heart so much.

you already saw mass player (like North Bandits) don't have FR for each member, only faction like BBS have many Fr for each players

I am in The North Bandits, you are telling me now how we are playing? Great.

BBS is as numerous as anyone currently, that's not the point, i hope i didn't make some of their members angry of using their faction name in this topic. The point is when two teams come equal in terms of players, alts play a huge roll, i have this feeling you didn't quite catch by what i mean snowball effect and the example was quite ineffective for you, hard to tell if it's because of your ignorance.

It's when a larger faction of more players use more alts than a faction with less players, per player.

Swarm, swarming has taken a whole new level. I don't approve that, if you don't like that, you could at least due without meaningless yapping about some militia witch is totally irrelevant.

Actually it brings less action. Players without fastrelog will simply stay out of action because they know they won't stand a chance.

Relatively, yes more alts will result in longer fights, but as well longer time to prepare and yes, i know some players who just simply aren't playing because of this FR in combat and i don't know anyone who will quit if he won't be able to use multiple per fight.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 06:57:58 pm by T-888 »
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2012, 06:56:09 pm »

Exactly but well it brings more action for no lifers with 5+ alts ready on WM :D

Game before wipe wanted only few things like lootable armors less militia and weaker but still posible to have some and less merc leaders.

Removing militia was also bad step towns are empty and there are no roleplayers.

DocAN.

« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2012, 07:18:36 pm »

I think, that some of  You are playing some Fallout single mod. Town Control is about team play, so why dont you play as a team?

T-888 just said: "I have no problems with FR myself, i have dozen of alts and whatever", and that there is problem, when other team members didnt have alts. Solo Rambo?
Why dont you share/give some of Your uber powa build to this who didnt have time or dont want to make them?
The same question to others.

FR gives some chances to the team when they will get backstabed, it brings long term fights, and only few trolls weeping about it.

Get used to it or "Goodbye"

You can come back again after wipe.

I bet that some will stay and do their best - forum PvP.

« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2012, 07:32:14 pm »

Problem with fastrelog is obvious, if you have a team full of occational players you cannot rely on them in using fastrelogs. These people are happy that they have one relatively good PvP character and gear but once you ask them to bring two or even more characters, they just leave the game. The game shouldn't discourage people from playing it, it shouldn't be for no-lifers with 10 alts and three sandboxed clients running at the same time.

To DocAN.: Man, you've been playing with your pals for 2 years, you know them well. I cannot just "share" my alts to some newcomers I barely know. People I know for a long time mostly have lots of characters. Also stuff sharing isn't problem for relatively small and stable unit like you, but for us who have been raped like 5 or more times, it's much harder.

DocAN.

« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2012, 07:39:17 pm »

To Kelin:

Thats why i want alts related to forum account. No lvl cap, and few more things which will remove problem of alts. But as long as it wont happend we have to adapt to current situation.

Removing FR will bring sandboxie, and its even worst then FR.

avv

« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2012, 07:41:16 pm »

Why dont you share/give some of Your uber powa build to this who didnt have time or dont want to make them?
The same question to others.

Because not everyone is playing in a team with people who can trust each other perfectly. Even if everyone played in such team, the fact is that you can't have more than certain ammount of people you can really trust around you. When a team is small it's really dependent on activity. If members go inactive, you are alone with your uberchars but can't share them with anyone because of trust issues.

And what's more: players don't want responsibilities or burden on their shoulders in a passtime video game. So all this talk about: "Why don't YOU do this or that" can be forgotten right away.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

DocAN.

« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2012, 08:00:43 pm »

Then support good ani-alt idea and stop crying about FR coz You will have Sandboxie problem. Now everybody have same chances, b4 the wipe only high speed cpu owners was able to participate in long term fights. Ask Yourself what would You like more.
For example BH was taken today by one Man from CS, he was logged on 6 windows.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 22 queries.