Poll

Nerf AC

Yes
- 54 (55.1%)
No
- 44 (44.9%)

Total Members Voted: 97

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: For the thousand time...  (Read 18940 times)

Re: For the thousand time...
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2012, 08:49:06 pm »

As someone who has this build and actually has experience with it I can tell you this is pure bullshit. AC isn't as effective as you think and since the update ive seen exactly 0 guns explode while shooting at me and maybe a handful of drop weapons. Stop propagating myths and actually play the game once in a while.

No i don't over-exaggerate, i played and experienced the effect they have few days ago and i am saying they are too effective, any common build just simply doesn't have the accuracy to hit an armor class character at any reasonable distance, it's few hexes most of the time unless someone leveled up a special build one purpose build to counter another one purpose build witch doesn't have any real purpose behind it rather than just annoy players.

Did anyone suggest jinxed having an effect on AC? If AC is fine and jinxed is fine, then making them not work together seems like an easy fix

And still having completely naked characters that avoid whole minigun spread bursts?(from few hexes) How that even makes sense.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 08:51:43 pm by T-888 »
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2012, 08:53:53 pm »

How does it make sense a guy with a minigun can run or even hold it? How does it make sense someone can burst someone at range with a minigun and have all the bullets hit? How does it make sense that a guy getting hit in the face with a sledgehammer can get the gun between himself and his attacker and shoot? How does it make sense that a guy with a minigun can fire 30 bullets in the same time it takes to fire one sniper round with the same level of accuracy?

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2012, 08:55:39 pm »

That's more a problem of a minigun not really being a weapon that just sprays bullets out, but uses the same (ish) mechanism as a single shot weapon.

Its far less strange to think of a rifle missing a target that is moving quickly
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2012, 08:59:40 pm »

Just await those posts : nerf xx, update yy, "where you've been, we were waiting here!", nerf yy, update xx, also balance xx and yy.
h

avv

« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2012, 09:01:53 pm »

Solar ac is bad because completely gearless player can operate by just making a good build. When death means nothing, gear is all that matters. Being effective without good gear is against the whole system fonline is based on.

Same applies to unarmed, sneaking and crit-based characters. That's why they are generally regarded as "troll chars". It would improve the gameplay tremendously if we could get rid of that kind of characters and force everyone to use gear that's worth looting if they wanted to be effective.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2012, 09:04:56 pm »

How does it make sense a guy with a minigun can run or even hold it?

Missing the point, your just a bad troll man, we all know that armor class needs to be nerfed.

Solar ac is bad because completely gearless player can operate by just making a good build. When death means nothing, gear is all that matters. Being effective without good gear is against the whole system fonline is based on.

The only way how to counter armor class characters now is another specialized build, witch is more alting.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 09:11:43 pm by T-888 »

• 2238 Serious business
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2012, 09:10:27 pm »

AC values were just pure guesses, so its not surprising that it wasn't perfect. From the initial readings on the whine-o-meter it seems the problem is more c4 and jinxed than the AC itself ?

OMFG please play your own game before you start this everybody is just a bunch of whiners shit agian. Solar you are an intellegant developer do you not understand that blue suits with no gear that can't die is a horrible idea, you practically gave the ability to have god mode.

The issue is purely AC 220 blue suit running around can't die being shot by players in full gear isn't the wasteland is harsh game I once played.

The whole AC220 AC jinxed c4 bomber was an issue in PvP I had yesturday. It is not the only annoyance. Everything about the max AC is horrible. It is actually kind of rare but this was just a hypothetical idea I had to ruin the game, make an army of C4 Jinxed AC bombers insipired by a big bull shit death. It could be done but I wouldn't waste my time becuase nothing is settle when it comes to things being over powered.

Did anyone suggest jinxed having an effect on AC? If AC is fine and jinxed is fine, then making them not work together seems like an easy fix
But a fix with AC not working with jinx would be very nice also. I do not care for and make such crap characters anyways nerfing this combo is the greatest idea I've read and I'm not being sarcastic.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 09:15:41 pm by Ville »
I am the guy who likes to make rage topics so I can bring out the trolling idiot in all of us.

LeMark

• Tim & Tom & Ted Lawyer Agency
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2012, 09:13:09 pm »

Being effective without good gear is against the whole system fonline is based on.

100% agree with that.

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2012, 09:15:58 pm »

100% agree with that.
Sorry for being asshole, but (Yes I know that is against the whole system) all of mean perks, an skills will need to be reworked then (sneak, unarmed traits, melee traits, throwing traits, jinxed, ac system).
So for now at least we shouldn't be thrown in bigger toilet than we are now.
h
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2012, 09:17:14 pm »

I'm not pro pvper, but got to say: avv + t888 opinion about TC and what is best for it >>>> Roachor's opinion :D
Free AC ninja scouting more efficient than skilled sneaker, blind jinxed/max AC trollbuild. It even sounds bad, lol.
I think AC is cool feature, but should be limited to point where normal BG can hit the target (its not Matrix, god damn it) from resonable range.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2012, 09:20:12 pm »

I'm just asking what the situation is, I've not seen anything in 5 months - calm down :P

avv, gear denial is a problem, as it always has been when trying to do anything with melee, unarmed, sneak etc. Making bluesuits worse seems like a better way than abandoning the whole AC concept.

If AC is too high that's a simple fix. If its the reaction with jinxed that seems simple enough too.
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2012, 09:22:38 pm »

You guys realize gear worth is totally subjective? I mean I can farm avengers all day and carpet my base but I can't farm mega power fists. I can easily acquire CA but it lowers ac so it's not worth the trade off. No build in this game is dangerous without gear, if your biggest problem is bluesuits then man up and grow a pair.

« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2012, 09:23:13 pm »

If AC is too high that's a simple fix. If its the reaction with jinxed that seems simple enough too.

Maybe don't remove jinxed from working with armor class, instead decrease the frequency of the bad side effects in conjunction with lowered armor class.

if your biggest problem is bluesuits then man up and grow a pair.

Go away.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 09:28:43 pm by T-888 »

• 2238 Serious business
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2012, 09:25:47 pm »

I'm just asking what the situation is, I've not seen anything in 5 months - calm down :P

Sorry this game just makes me a bitter asshole at times. Welcome back, this game needs one of its best developers back to working on it. I have gained a little faith with solar back.
I am the guy who likes to make rage topics so I can bring out the trolling idiot in all of us.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2012, 09:38:26 pm »

Maybe don't remove jinxed from working with armor class, instead decrease the frequency of the bad side effects in conjunction with lowered armor class.

Seems like the most reasonable approach.

What Roach is saying should be the case, I have no idea if it is (I would be surprised if it was). If we can make the truely bluesuited less of a threat, then there isnt such a problem with an unarmoured guy with a powerfist being dangerous.

Sorry this game just makes me a bitter asshole at times. Welcome back, this game needs one of its best developers back to working on it. I have gained a little faith with solar back.

Mayck has already said it would be fixed, hadn't he? Nothing magic would happen because I'm back, these things just take time. Fixes are in the works already, I'm sure.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 09:40:54 pm by Solar »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Page created in 0.219 seconds with 24 queries.