"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 05:29:53 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: fonline is not user friendly i guess:,(  (Read 16937 times)

Re: fonline is not user friendly i guess:,(
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2012, 06:52:54 am »

I tried to picture FOnline with a high player pop...

Then I laughed...

Then I imagined what would happen when factions had most of the gear and bluesuits were dying too fast to actually keep anything...

Then I laughed even harder at the picture in my mind of hundreds of bluesuits punching each other in NCR while the NPCs just randomly burst everything because they cannot aim such calamity properly.

You wouldn't have to put all players in the same map room; you could spawn duplicates of the same FOnline overworld and cap the number of players per map.
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2012, 07:48:27 am »

You wouldn't have to put all players in the same map room; you could spawn duplicates of the same FOnline overworld and cap the number of players per map.

Instancing seems to be frowned upon by the Fonline crowd, except for some quests.
We have to have a world that is fully shared.
The griefing is partly an expression of trying to have an effect on the game world.

Instancing makes it even more phony/unreactive.

Let's just make WoF (World of Fonline)... not.

I wish there were bags, backpacks, etc. in Fonline.
« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2012, 08:00:34 am »

That sounds like a problem for the developers to figure out, since they're the ones who decided to join the town screens. I'm saying the turn-based effect should only have a limited radius affecting the parties involved...and to me it seems like a pretty simple concept that players should have the chance to defend themselves, not a bunch of excuses for why it can't be done.

So a tag-team could create a turn-based bubble with a decoy alt then snipe from outside of it.
I wish there were bags, backpacks, etc. in Fonline.
« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2012, 01:58:23 pm »

We should probably get rid of guarded locations alltogether. It's just not right that I sometimes can't shoot everyone in the face.
« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2012, 02:23:33 pm »

Good call. Most of my characters have been in guarded cities , once and only for support perks.

I personally would like to see those guarded cities with a lot less guards , so it's a possibility to take that town over by raw force if needed , now it's close to impossible to do because how reinforcements work. If developers really want those places to be untouchable , just make guards immortal , put no PVP zone , so casual players can have their fun.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 02:30:22 pm by T-888 »
« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2012, 02:51:25 pm »

the only problem I see is that people are dumb enough to get themselves killed in ncr. I never really understood that problem. The town is perfectly safe to do the beginners quest, shovel some shit, get awareness, hit level 2 and never come back to this town ever again.

If people seriously want to "stay" in ncr they should come (mentally) prepared or go as bluesuit. The only thing that would really help the cause is a big red banner telling everyone who installs the game how terrible ncr is.

BenKain

• Independent Developer
« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2012, 03:28:06 pm »

I personally would like to see those guarded cities with a lot less guards , so it's a possibility to take that town over by raw force if needed , now it's close to impossible to do because how reinforcements work.

Oh yeah, so you can kill even more innocent players? How about this for an idea, stopping acting like a complete ass ingame.
Maybe instead of trollin NCR all day, people should, you know, PLAY THE GAME. Perhaps help some new players out, take them hunting or some such.

I just spent an hour or so in NCR, and every person with 100HP or less got naded. That's just fracking ridiculousness.
« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2012, 04:27:22 pm »

That place might as well not exist and i couldn't give less rats ass about it in that case than i currently do now. I am acting like an asshole , well tell me something new that i would give a fuck about. Okay ?

Learning curve speeds up and becomes larger depending on how many times a new player dies , those who don't improve and use their head to think , leave. So each time i see another rage topic about how this game is bad and unfriendly reminds me that most of the new players are degraded ,  they are used to common mindless games out there where the game itself is made to adapt to the player , not the player adapt to the game. This is not the common game out there.

I just spent an hour or so in NCR, and every person with 100HP or less got naded. That's just fracking ridiculousness.

This is very good , they will just learn that the place has to be avoided , because usually telling them to NOT GO TO NCR and NOT HANG AROUND to NOT DIE AND LOOSE ALL STUFF is just not enough , they don't think and experience it themselves and only then they understand.

I think i am very allowed to compare new players to animals , like dogs. Once you beat the crap out of them , they understand , until then you can tell them whatever you want.

Then again i don't sit in NCR and troll anyone.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 04:33:22 pm by T-888 »

DeputyDope

• ǝdopʎʇndǝp
« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2012, 05:45:32 pm »

Then again i don't sit in NCR and troll anyone.

i do. it's pretty funny, trust me.
« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2012, 05:59:14 pm »

I guess for you it's funny , because it's your endgame.

2238 is just one big social experiment.
« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2012, 06:01:09 pm »

NCR is the only place strangers have conversations, it may be the barrens chat of fonline but its necessary.

« Reply #56 on: May 01, 2012, 08:25:48 pm »

Good call. Most of my characters have been in guarded cities , once and only for support perks.

I personally would like to see those guarded cities with a lot less guards , so it's a possibility to take that town over by raw force if needed

we took junktown once,almost had NCR but devs kept spawning guards: D

BenKain

• Independent Developer
« Reply #57 on: May 01, 2012, 08:34:42 pm »

it may be the barrens chat of fonline but its necessary.

What I generally have to equate it to. It's totally foolish however.
Allow me to rehash :
NCR is the most POWERFUL city in the wastes. They do not take kindly to being peacekeepers and often shoot lowly criminals on sight. Guns would not be allowed IN ANY PART OF THE CITY. Reputation in the city SHOULD BE VERY EASY TO LOSE, as NCR citizens ARE VERY PARANOID. It should be safe to trade with the most POWERFUL CITY IN THE WASTES.  It should be SAFE for NOOBZ to get their footing there, maybe meet some people WHO WILL HELP THEM.

Whats going on there now breaks continuity, immersion, and fun. If your going to act like a complete fuck, do it somewhere you may actually receive recompense, like Maropsa, or Gecko mine. What your doing now (@DeputyDope) is deplorable, and if you think that it's fun, you really need to get some help, because your seriously fucked in the head.
« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2012, 12:26:35 am »

NCR citizens ARE VERY PARANOID

Good news nothing has changed since i started to play , so stay focused.

almost had NCR but devs kept spawning guards: D

No you didn't almost have anything , there were no developers spawning anything. It's a feature called reinforcements , once you have killed certain amount of guards , they keep periodically spawning , forever and ever. That's a downhill battle unless you abuse ingame mechanics or have ridiculously large amount of players and well organized.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 12:29:45 am by T-888 »

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #59 on: May 02, 2012, 12:31:25 am »

It should be SAFE for NOOBZ to get their footing there, maybe meet some people WHO WILL HELP THEM.
You are doing it wrong.
Nie biegaj za stadem.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 22 queries.