"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 30, 2024, 11:55:42 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Just Starting? A PvE Build...  (Read 4754 times)

Marko

• Treeman say map unsafe.
    • Updating the 2238 wiki
Just Starting? A PvE Build...
« on: April 24, 2012, 06:36:44 am »

IF...you want to compete in PvP combat, this post won't be for you. But IF...you want a tough, multipurpose PvE character who fights, survives, explores quests, disarms traps, heals himself, finds blueprints and crafts everything in privacy, then i have a build for you. This is a revised version of my universal crafter:

Step 1 is to get to level 2 and immediately boost Science up to 100 and get Educated (and Swift Leaner and Awareness).
Step 2 is to boost weapon skill (max 180) and start leveling him up. Get support perks in your own order.

Max Skills
Energy Weapons 180
First Aid 97
Doctor 100
Traps 125
Science 150
Repair 150
Outdoorsman 100

Be patient with me. I'm from the USA so my English isn't very good.
Re: Just Starting? A PvE Build...
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 06:57:51 am »

Step 2 is to boost weapon skill (max 180) and start leveling him up.
Lol, and what am I supposed to do before weapon skill is 180%? ^_^ Just watch on character and pray that he'll level up himself? I think you need to start leveling him up from... beginning. That quote is nonsense.

Also, forget about Bruiser and take Fast Shot and do 5-6 shots per turn with laser rifle.
Also... where the hell are bonus move perks? Are you RT PvE build? Forget damn toughness, take bonus moves.

Marko

• Updating the 2238 wiki
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 07:19:49 am »

Actually "Just watch on character and pray that he'll level up himself?" is the sentence that does not make sense. Step 1 has to be to boost Science and get Educated. Step 2 is start dumping points into weapon so you can fight to level up. What about that do you not understand? Easy stuff.

Forget Bruiser? Not for a crafter who wants max CW. You need ST 10 for that. 5-6 shots sounds great but it's that or max CW, not both. It has already been pointed out that a crafter's CW is important when choosing those 10x items in the Fix-Boy. So just think crafter and you get it.

RT, yes. Sure okay, take Bonus Move instead of Even Tougher. It's up to you. I prefer ET. Hey man, alter the build all you want i guess lol it's a free game.
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 07:30:30 am »

If you prefer RT, then tag SG and just burst. Get a lot HP, run and 1hex everything in encounter. Single shooting for 3 AP from laser pistol in RT? Pffffffff

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 08:17:57 am »

HtH ultimate v0.1

ST 10
PE 1
EN 10
CH 1
IN 3
AG 9*
LK 6

Traits:
Small Frame (Total AG is 10 with this*)
Finesse (More criticals, doesn't really matter if enemy got 30% DR)

Perks:
Lvl 3: Bonus HtH Damage
Lvl 6: Toughness
Lvl 9: Bonus HtH Damage+
Lvl 12: Even Tougher
Lvl 15: HtH Criticals
Lvl 18: Bonus HtH Attacks
Lvl 21: Hit the Gaps
Lvl 24: Man of Steel

BG special v0.1

ST 3*
PE 7
EN 10
CH 1
IN 8
AG 10
LK 1

Traits:
Bruiser (+4ST, total 7ST*)
Loner** (+10% more exp)
(If you spend to 50% Science skill, then you can get Swift Learner support perk and another +10% exp**)

Perks:
Lvl 3: Livewire
Lvl 6: Toughness
Lvl 9: Even Tougher
Lvl 12: Action boy
Lvl 15: Action boy
Lvl 18: Bonus Rate of Fire (Not gonna help much, but I didn't find better solution)
Lvl 21: Pyromaniac
Lvl 24: Pyromaniac+
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 08:20:23 am by runboy93 »

Kombajn

• Ciśnij pompki, paziu.
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2012, 10:48:07 am »

Tag Ew is not a bad idea. Last days I was leveling my ew slaver with gatling laser. That was a total mess. The fastest leveled up char I ever did. I took my like 3,5 hours in total.

However if you will use this character as a gear farmer then I would leave bruiser trait alone.

And the level of hp...it's just too low.
Currently retired.

Killer Rabbit

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2012, 11:00:52 am »

180 ew ? what u want shoot with that? bruisier? ;D 9ap ?:D

DeputyDope

• ǝdopʎʇndǝp
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2012, 11:07:15 am »

horrible build.

1. hard to start with EW. you need to start with unarmed/melee, then move onto EW/SG, then to BG. (all those to 3 diff. characters ofcourse)
2. 9AP is shit. get 10AP + fast shot + BROF you will shoot 5 times with laser pistol/rifle/plasma/whatever.
3. traps skills is useless to combine into one character.
4. 10ST is too much. 3ST and strong back and weapon handling should suffice.
5. you need about 120-150% outdoorsman. i'm not too sure about 100%
6. bruiser is useless, use fast shot instead.
7. 10IN+skilled+educated = overkill. really.

it's a very bad character, really. better to make multiple characters to focus on one task or just make 1st character to be a badass PvE fighter and you won't need to craft jack shit.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 11:09:29 am by DeputyDope »

BenKain

• Independent Developer
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2012, 11:41:19 am »

@DeputyDope
Really using the namesake here arn't we. This is not a dedicated combat build. It does not need fast shot, and it does not need to bump AP with anything else but the occasional Nuka. No, max skills every level is not overkill. Yes, you WILL NEED 10 STR and all of the CW perks, for mining and easier crafting. 100% OD is fine, it gives you Outdoorsman camp and Gecko skinning, and you avoid a good deal of encounters. Yes, you will need traps if your going to lockpick and it gives you access to the Demolitions profession.

But yeah, Energy Weapons are a difficult weapon choice to start on. I would defiantly recommend H2H, Melee (Generally H2H seems better), or Small Guns. 

Also, I would change the Doc to Speech or Barter and leave AP at one burst or two fist swings, and dump that AG into CHA. Thats just personal preference though.

Marko

• Updating the 2238 wiki
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2012, 11:45:59 am »

BenK is the only one posting here who understands. Are you other guys even paying attention? Ever mine ore? It's not a fighter build who crafts. It's the other way around: he's a crafter build who fights. So it's a perfect build lol.

CH is enough though to dialogue most places and AG matters when mining and picking things up and dropping them faster. Small Guns would work just a little better then EW - it would allow FA to go to 100 instead of 97. Not a big enough difference for a comment really.

DeputyDope

• ǝdopʎʇndǝp
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2012, 11:52:38 am »

ok then. have fun playing with this shitty "starter" build.

Marko

• Updating the 2238 wiki
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2012, 11:54:34 am »

I wish you knew what you were talking about.

DeputyDope

• ǝdopʎʇndǝp
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2012, 11:59:32 am »

I wish you knew what you were talking about.

i wish people like you figure out that jack-of-all-trades characters are mostly shit.

Kombajn

• Ciśnij pompki, paziu.
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2012, 12:02:15 pm »

IF...you want to compete in PvP combat, this post won't be for you. But IF...you want a tough, multipurpose PvE character who fights, survives, explores quests, disarms traps, heals himself, finds blueprints and crafts everything in privacy, then i have a build for you.

Pay attention on what you wrote. IMO character "who fights" should be able to fight, right? Build with 146 hp is really not a tough character.

I do understand that this build will be able to mine, craft, explore etc. And with these I agree. But when I see a character with 146 hp I cannot agree that he is tough or destinated to fight, even in PvE, or maybe you mean mantis and molerats?
Currently retired.

Marko

• Updating the 2238 wiki
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2012, 12:09:25 pm »

Glad someone is paying attention. "Tough" as in he gets a Toughness perk. "Able to fight" is vague on purpose. It doesn't mean you can attack them all. You're a crafter so you run, and continue on to the mine lol and leave the Highwaymen behind.
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.243 seconds with 24 queries.