"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 30, 2024, 11:38:25 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Just Starting? A PvE Build...  (Read 4753 times)

AdolphbinStalin

• Always late...
Re: Just Starting? A PvE Build...
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2012, 11:40:00 am »

Thanks for the info guys. \(^o^)/
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2012, 11:43:14 am »

=/o.o/= np lol
We’ve died a million times but we are not the walking dead
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2012, 06:53:23 am »

For a starter pve build i'd go with a non-drug with either SG or unarmed for weapon and first aid and outdoorsman as secondary tags, having 3ch to talk to all traders + carry some friends.

if unarmed make sure to get 10ST 10EN +heavy hand and bruiser traits (try to get perks like toughness and lifegiver)
something like st10 pe5 en10 in5 ag10 lk1 + bruiser and heavyhand

if SG try to get 10AG and fast shot (for a beginner build I think its best to spam single shots than waste ammo on bursts)
something like st5 pe6 en10 in5 ag10 lk1 + small frame and fast shot
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2012, 07:21:52 pm »

Heavy handed/bruiser chars are terrible for pve unless you are facing a single enemy, a crit build kills things way faster and jinxed combined with in your face disables whole crowds trying to kill you as they are constantly missing turns and crippling themselves while your high luck minimizes the negative effects of jinxed on yourself.

Basically HH/bruiser sneaker = pvp
             Unarmed jinxed crit = pve

Just make sure you take more toughness and in your face, ac boosting is useless since most of the time you get hit while standing still. Sneak is needed for farming dangerous encounters like around sf since you can wait for a vs to end then kill the survivors but once the fight starts you better have on some metal armour.

« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2012, 08:54:11 pm »

Bigguns or EW for your first character?  Do you guys remember what it was like when you started out your first character?  What absolutely horrible starter advice.  Off alone by yourself you will NEVER have any ammo or weapons.  Crafting?  Why the fuck even bother this session, so fuck the whole CW.  Your first Character should be SG,FA,OD fastshot + brof 10ag build, nothing else, it should be the fucking law.  Do you not understand, let me repeat it so you get it.  Tag SG,FA,OD fastshot get brof pick 10ag.  Do I need to repeat it again?  Ok so now go off and make your Hth cw crafter explorer dyer build.

Best and funnier way to make your way without too much butthurt and with total ignorance of any crafting mechanics,i started the same myself.
Indeed, perhaps one day we shall meet
Out in the country, or maybe on the street
Until that day here shall I wait
For death or for life, whichever my fate

AdolphbinStalin

• Always late...
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2012, 11:06:00 am »

Heavy handed/bruiser chars are terrible for pve unless you are facing a single enemy, a crit build kills things way faster and jinxed combined with in your face disables whole crowds trying to kill you as they are constantly missing turns and crippling themselves while your high luck minimizes the negative effects of jinxed on yourself.

Basically HH/bruiser sneaker = pvp
             Unarmed jinxed crit = pve

Just make sure you take more toughness and in your face, ac boosting is useless since most of the time you get hit while standing still. Sneak is needed for farming dangerous encounters like around sf since you can wait for a vs to end then kill the survivors but once the fight starts you better have on some metal armour.
Thanks mate. I am basically looking for something to farm gear for my pvp sg + ew sniper (ew sniper not leveled yet). I am not in gang so I am after solo pve build.

I hear HtH are effective in this task, tough I am unsure how effective since I've never played one. I basically need it to farm laser rifles (to level a ew sniper), & sniper rifles and respective ammo for my sniper. BASICALLY, what I also want to ask is wether a hth build can achieve such task solo?

I was looking at vandals guide & he too combined "jinxed" with "in your face". The only think I don't understand is why he took dodger? when there are potentially better perks?

Also what unarmed skills% + Perception is recommend for pve hth 'farmer' builds?

/regards
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 11:24:20 am by AdolphbinStalin »
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2012, 08:29:26 pm »

Thanks mate. I am basically looking for something to farm gear for my pvp sg + ew sniper (ew sniper not leveled yet). I am not in gang so I am after solo pve build.

I hear HtH are effective in this task, tough I am unsure how effective since I've never played one. I basically need it to farm laser rifles (to level a ew sniper), & sniper rifles and respective ammo for my sniper. BASICALLY, what I also want to ask is wether a hth build can achieve such task solo?

I was looking at vandals guide & he too combined "jinxed" with "in your face". The only think I don't understand is why he took dodger? when there are potentially better perks?

Also what unarmed skills% + Perception is recommend for pve hth 'farmer' builds?

/regards

Honestly if you want to farm EW hth is probably not the way to go. Easiest way to lvl a  ew sniper is make a laser pistol and then either farm homesteaders around redding for sec and then kill centaurs. Dodger just makes jinxed that much more useful but personally i find i get shot mostly while standing still.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 21 queries.