"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • October 06, 2024, 09:23:37 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog

Poll

Do you know what is purpose of this item?

Yes
- 18 (54.5%)
No
- 15 (45.5%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Easter  (Read 11586 times)

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
Re: Easter
« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2012, 04:48:42 pm »

Nice discusion :)

Few facts: In former Czechoslovakia (now Czech rep. and Slovakia) is tradition of easters very close linked to "pomlazka" tradition. We had in 1920 (2 years after establishment of republic) very modern (even in present scale) constitution that, among other things, granted same rights and freedoms to men and women. I.e.: women had same suffrage like men in year 1920. So in same year like USA. Many years before France, Italy, Switzerland and other developed countries.

So our positive aproach to women has a tradition in our country too.

The origins of "pomlazka" tradition is combination of heretic and christian tradition. The particular "offensive" act using wand of willow twigs is to prevent by whipping the girls their aging. Simply, willows grows near water, so they have, symbolically power to prevent dry of women beauty.

The act of whipping is not painless, it is like pinch, but very temporary. Sometimes girls steals pomlazka and counter attacks, it is funny. Pomlazka tradition is strictly limited, so after noon, men cant whip and girls have right to pour men by water. But because of selfdorm (historicaly), where people were prohibited to move from land of their master, there is a lot of variants of this tradition. I.e. in city of Telč, women has right to "whip" men every leap-year.

By the way, what is traditon in your country? Drug cartels?

Their tradition is to loose the Falkland war with British Empire.
So long and THANKS for all the fish!

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2012, 04:53:25 pm »

This must be my lucky day, not only I get to read sexist prejudices in this thread, but also nationalistic ones from the typical European who doesn't know shit about Latin America and uses the two or three words that "define" this region according to him. Bring moar Hololasima!
And you do know shit about Europe ? It makes me giggle everytime I read how offended you are when someone mentions your country (or Latin America) in a bad way.
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2012, 05:16:53 pm »

And you do know shit about Europe ? It makes me giggle everytime I read how offended you are when someone mentions your country (or Latin America) in a bad way.

You didn't remain silent when some of us spoke against the pomlazka tradition. What would have happened if we made comments as offensive as "By the way, what is traditon in your country? Drug cartels?" or "Their tradition is to loose the Falkland war with British Empire"?

By the way Lordus, your last post was really interesting to read, I honestly don't know why you had to ruin it with that last sentence, which was really offensive.

But Sarakin, to answer your question, I am offended because it seems you people think it's totally all right that you make jokes about Latin American nations. I mean, I spoke against your tradition, same way most of the Western world speaks against Arabian traditions. If an European speaks against the Arabs' traditions it's ok, but if a Latin American speaks against an European tradition, he is a fag who never gets laid?

If I speak in a bad way about one of your traditions, I'm an asshole, but if you speak bad about my country and make jokes about our history, it's funny that I feel offended?

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2012, 05:34:16 pm »

I find black people whiny, even more whiny than the people on this thread and forum.  They should stop whining in reference to the slavery years, of which none alive today are even affiliated with.

Asian is the future.

Latinos/hispanics and their countries are...  not the future.

Like gingers, russians have no souls.

75% of Americans have the fat disease.

Don't even get me into religious matters... :-X
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2012, 05:36:42 pm »

Please prove to me and everyone else interested that you have a soul.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2012, 05:37:34 pm »

Please prove to me and everyone else interested that you have a soul.
Didn't say I had one.

I'm a ginger, I would know  ;D
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2012, 05:38:54 pm »

Didn't say I had one.

I'm a ginger, I would know  ;D
In that case prove that you don't have a soul.

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2012, 05:41:01 pm »

i also have no soul is good. no need to care about anything. i just eat souls is fun shit.
Roaming the waste again.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2012, 05:41:09 pm »

In that case prove that you don't have a soul.
What do you want me to say?

I kill kittens for shits n giggles or that I sold my soul to the devil for a lollipop?

Not all people without a soul are evil bro.  8)

p.s.  But russians are totally evil dude.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 05:45:46 pm by Michaelh139 »

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2012, 05:44:21 pm »

@Eternauta
You are not responsible for your country´s past and you rarely can do something with your country´s current situation. Dont take it personally every time.

More suitable way how to deal with these kind of situations is to enlighten - just like Lordus did. Or better - let it go.

Lastly, were discussing on the internet, people do jokes about all kind of things, even insulting ones, you should keep that in mind.
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing
« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2012, 05:45:23 pm »

What do you want me to say?

I kill kittens for shits n giggles or that I sold my soul to the devil for a lollipop?

Not all people without a soul are evil bro.  8)
I would rather people didn't make statements without any factual evidence to either prove or disprove their statement.
By stating the existence of souls you have stepped into the religious zone.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2012, 05:48:35 pm »

I would rather people didn't make statements without any factual evidence to either prove or disprove their statement.
By stating the existence of souls you have stepped into the religious zone.
Not necessarily, soul can also be a personality concept, but of course it's up for interpretation.

Russian souls froze to death.  Nuff said.

Gingers...  Ever met a ginger?  We don't make facial expressions.  We just have a face.  Only expression we have is when we laugh, and we look evil.

Ohhhooo yeah, ever seen a ginger baby?  Ugliest fucking baby in the realm.
« Reply #57 on: April 10, 2012, 05:50:07 pm »

Gingers...  Ever met a ginger?  We don't make facial expressions.  We just have a face.  Only expression we have is when we laugh, and we look evil.
I married one. Nuff said.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 06:03:54 pm by ThePhoenix77 »

« Reply #58 on: April 10, 2012, 08:03:03 pm »

I find black people whiny, even more whiny than the people on this thread and forum.  They should stop whining in reference to the slavery years, of which none alive today are even affiliated with.

Asian is the future.

Latinos/hispanics and their countries are...  not the future.

75% of Americans have the fat disease.

Don't even get me into religious matters... :-X

lol and the gm's were bitching that I was a troll when I was the top poster on here.

« Reply #59 on: April 10, 2012, 08:15:27 pm »

It's probably because girls aren't like men when it comes to fooling around. Men like to wrestle, push each other around and use harsh word choices in friendly jokes. Women don't. So if you push your pal in a lake, he will take that as a funny joke and probably return the favour sooner or later. For a woman that might be a very vulgar act of total retardness.

But its not like that. I never met any girl(but must say i wasnt on "pomlazka" last 5 years) which was angry or dont(bitch arround about it) like that, and IF yes, she just not open the doors and everyone is really, really happy.
Avatar: Equality of rights for ghouls!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 25 queries.