"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 04, 2024, 10:51:58 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Is this considered against the rules?  (Read 2714 times)

Is this considered against the rules?
« on: April 06, 2012, 02:41:57 am »

Player waits at exit to NCR with plasma grenade(Horny Kitty).  Suicide grenades then logs off and comes back immediatly as alt(Hello Kitty) to loot? I know hard to stop and everything, just curious. I will take a screenshot next time if it matters.
"Sorry for the inconvenience."  God
Re: Is this considered against the rules?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 02:47:17 am »

It's already against rules to kill and loot in guarded locations, using fast relog for this I think should be considered as 2nd rule violation, as it was used not for player comfortability (sharing tent, giving items, etc.).
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 02:48:37 am »

Player waits at exit to NCR with plasma grenade(Horny Kitty).  Suicide grenades then logs off and comes back immediatly as alt(Hello Kitty) to loot? I know hard to stop and everything, just curious. I will take a screenshot next time if it matters.

She is my comrade,though i totally disapprove this way to act,it s admitted by the rules.I mean,go in random north town,kill a SOT guy,kill his fastrelog alt and be killed by his silent death fastrelog 3rd alt.Is that against the rules..?No.Welcome to Trolline.
Indeed, perhaps one day we shall meet
Out in the country, or maybe on the street
Until that day here shall I wait
For death or for life, whichever my fate
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 02:50:38 am »

North town isn't guarded, if only you meant VC, but seems like you meant any unguarded town.
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2012, 03:10:57 am »

North town isn't guarded, if only you meant VC, but seems like you meant any unguarded town.

Guarded and unguarded..?I see very little difference,except that in unguarded town you can defend yourself.Clearly,i see you got a point,still GM can t correct even those tiny abuses. *anyway i will tell kitty to stop that ,she is just a newbie learning too fast*
Indeed, perhaps one day we shall meet
Out in the country, or maybe on the street
Until that day here shall I wait
For death or for life, whichever my fate
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2012, 04:17:34 pm »

bann.i know there is too few players on server but keeping plrs like these isn't really helping it,it's other way around

i often wonder about mindset of people who play like this.i love n00brage as much as the next guy,some guys like to roleplay,some to pvp/powerplay  but to make few alts only to play like this is i dunno...kinda sad.players like this destroyed Hub roleplay!1

what is the average age of foonline players?was there a poll or smthn like that? i always thought it would mostly be f1 and f2 players since the game sucks ass.D ( sorry devs,still apreciate the effort and played this since the first days almost)  but did alot of people came along only coz its free?

i say bann,start banning people more,and you may be suprised with increased nmbr of players

« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 04:23:32 pm by Smeghead »

JovankaB

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2012, 04:56:25 pm »

If I catch someone suicide-killing in guarded towns and fast relogging to loot the victim, that person will be banned.
Use +requesthelp or let me know on #2238help if you see this.
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2012, 05:44:07 pm »

If I catch someone suicide-killing in guarded towns and fast relogging to loot the victim, that person will be banned.
Use +requesthelp or let me know on #2238help if you see this.

is suicide killing alowed? lets say with your mate looting?
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2012, 05:45:42 pm »

is suicide killing alowed? lets say with your mate looting?
No, some people at Gunrunners Fortress already were banned for this, because of looting.
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2012, 05:47:38 pm »

so why is proof of fast relog needed?
that kitty char exploits everything in ncr anyway,from thieving to bombing
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2012, 05:54:54 pm »

Depends on GM online/mood/motivation.
I had 10 unarmed troll alts for fast reloging, from FastRelogger0 to FastRelogger9, they were created to punch some low HP bluesuiters and hope that guards will burst everyone, it worked sometimes, I was doing that even in front of devs and some GMs and it was ok, because it was fun! But once... Jovanka spoted it, now I can't do that anymore, because I'm too lazy to register new ones and bring them all to NCR.
If that exploiter isn't banned yet, it means that needed GM haven't spoted him yet.

JovankaB

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2012, 06:38:00 pm »

that kitty char exploits everything in ncr anyway,from thieving to bombing

There is nothing wrong with stealing or bombing people in NCR, as long as you don't help yourself in some clearly abusive way, for example fast relog to looter, using alts to block someone, exploiting guard AI bugs.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 06:41:35 pm by JovankaB »
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2012, 07:12:45 pm »

There is nothing wrong with stealing or bombing people in NCR, as long as you don't help yourself in some clearly abusive way, for example fast relog to looter, using alts to block someone, exploiting guard AI bugs.

I cant even describe how dumb it is:] First: fast relog is allowed! Second: you cant use fast relog for that, that and that... and you cant even describe whats wrong with that. Because if you die, and your fastrelog char kill back, its ok, but when that alt is just looting, its abuse...

So when some guy burst some other guy, and poor random bluesuit loot that mauser and 11x ammo, will he get banned? Because looting isnt allowed anymore:))) Or you Jovanka will examine if that poor bluesuit is somehow realted to burster ("i know a guy... who knows a guy..")?

TKs-KaBoom

• The Usual Suspect (according to Surf)
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2012, 11:50:15 pm »

I kill everybody, I use plasma nades, fastrelog bursters, but I never loot.....  Killing is for fun not profit!  Do what makes you giggle.
It's all really about suppression of dissension, consensus through censorship.  Whether through extermination of those who have different or conflicting viewpoints or subtle spin of available media.  If there is only one opinion left, it must be right, right?

JovankaB

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2012, 03:23:04 am »

I cant even describe how dumb it is :]

Guards in protected towns are for a reason. If you make them fail to protect people or the loot by doing "fast relogs"
or similar multi-account shenanigans you will get banned. Why? Because it's abusing relog feature, therefore
it breaks the game rule: "abusing of a feature (this includes security failures in guarded towns)".

It's not really that hard to get the difference. Just use common sense dude.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 12:16:36 pm by JovankaB »
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 30 queries.