"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 04, 2024, 10:52:07 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Everything about chests  (Read 1673 times)

avv

Everything about chests
« on: April 06, 2012, 09:57:39 pm »

In this thread I reveal everything I know about chests and you can do it too. If you have something useful to tell, please do.

It seems that chests spawn in waves. I've noticed this when searching chests with dual log. The characters often found chests at the same time and within very short time right after finding first. Then there is a break which may last from 2-5 minutes when no chests are found hardly at all, except random occurances of single chests. You won't notice this if you use only one character and you don't have to think about the whole subject. If you do concentrated lockerfinding with friends, you may wanna start grinding the map the very moment one of your pals finds a chest.

Around 1 out of 4 or 5 chests is impossible to pick. They are certainly impossible to pick with the abilities our characters can reach. There isn't even 5% chance. I tried picking one chest 200 times and it didn't open so you get the picture. With 275-300 lockpick it usually takes around 3-4 tries to assure that the chest can't be opened. After that it's futile to try. What's inside those chests, can't be said for sure. Probably the same stuff that's inside all other chests. So basically you have 20% less blueprints because of this feature. What its purpose is can only be asked from devs.

Blueprints are divided into classes of rarity. Stimpak and needler are the most common. All helmets, sniper and ca are extremely rare. If you find them, you can consider yourself very lucky.

Treasure hunter perk increases the ammount of stuff you can find but it screws over stacks meaning that 300 caps turn into 1 cap. By that logic treasure hunter should increase the chance to find blueprints because more variety spawns in the box. Unless the blueprint is a special kind of roll on top of the regular chest loot, independent of treasure hunter and the actual ammount of stuff spawning there.

In addition to blueprints the chests may contain snipers, avengers, laser rifles and other random weapons and armor. But only normal metal armors and never combat armors or upgraded versions. If you don't use treasure hunter, you can earn good deal of caps overtime as a side dish.

Location has no effect on chest loot. Luck has no effect on chest loot. Luck has no effect on chance to open the box either. But it increases the chance to find fcc which is always nice side dish. However if you play single char, the points you spent on luck hinder your character's abilities to deal with the dangers encounters and traps set.

It's recommended to get 300 lockpick. With 200 you can open most lockers, but you want to open them all.

Lockers may spawn indoors and be partially hidden but never completely behind walls so that you'd have to race through the whole map to find them. Why I know this? Because I've never stepped on a minefield surrounding a chest that was hidden behind a wall. That should have happened by now.

If you have some information that the public should or shouldn't know, please tell it here. If you know an exploit and are afraid of telling it because of BAN you can pm to me and I'll tell it. I just told I use dual log to find chests, so all the same.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

codave

• Professional Noob Trainer
Re: Everything about chests
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 10:48:11 pm »

I seem to encounter trapped chests in clusters. 5 or 6 in a row will be trapped with the same type of trap. I'll hit waves of frag mines, or waves of bear traps.

Have you noticed anything similar?

I only play with one character, so I have no idea if the effect with trap types is the same globally.

avv

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 11:09:43 pm »

I seem to encounter trapped chests in clusters. 5 or 6 in a row will be trapped with the same type of trap. I'll hit waves of frag mines, or waves of bear traps.

Have you noticed anything similar?

I only play with one character, so I have no idea if the effect with trap types is the same globally.

This kinda confirms that chests seem to spawn in waves. Whether or not they are trapped seems to be totally random.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

TKs-KaBoom

• The Usual Suspect (according to Surf)
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 11:13:25 pm »

Fuck!  I saw the title chopped off and was sure that this thread was "Everything about cheese!", I've been so mislead....
It's all really about suppression of dissension, consensus through censorship.  Whether through extermination of those who have different or conflicting viewpoints or subtle spin of available media.  If there is only one opinion left, it must be right, right?
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2012, 02:00:48 am »

Can't be arsed to level or use (exploit?) two chars.
  • Could this be achieved with one char?
  • Can I get Expanded Lockpick Set anywhere? Is it or normal one needed?
  • Any recommendations for the build below?
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2012, 02:25:41 am »

yes ive noticed this waverush too , sometimes u didnt find any chest at 30 encounters or plus , but then at another time u find ever second enc a chest or every enc a chest , i think its some global setting . also ive noticed that some dude find the same bp like i in the same artea at the same time maybe its some global setting too but who knows for sure anyway nice thread ^^

can u upload some pics with this hidden lockers i never found one but i was searching for them would be god to know where they are and on which sub urban map ;)

what i hate more than gettin no chests are these fucking lacks were 5 rats are killing u with 255 hp and u lose all ur stuff yep really good game ^^

also ive noticed that u found at the night more often 1 caps inside some chests it might be so idk at the day time i found more bps and more valuable stuff but at night i get 5 or 6 chests right one after the other with only 1 cap ^^
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 03:04:33 am by FrankenStone »
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2012, 02:31:03 am »

Can't be arsed to level or use (exploit?) two chars.
  • Could this be achieved with one char?
  • Can I get Expanded Lockpick Set anywhere? Is it or normal one needed?
  • Any recommendations for the build below?

For what 200 out u get no encounters with that better take traps and raise lockpick higher to 275 so u have with normal lockpicks max skill . expanded lokcpicks are not impletended in this game anymore its a feature ^^

avv

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2012, 11:09:14 am »

can u upload some pics with this hidden lockers i never found one but i was searching for them would be god to know where they are and on which sub urban map ;)

Like I said, they are never completely hidden except when placed indoors like this.

Marko

• Treeman say map unsafe.
    • Updating the 2238 wiki
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2012, 11:22:00 am »

Confirming: lockers are found in waves. Also it seems BP are found in waves, and the two waves don't always match. I could find 3 BP in 30 minutes, or i could find ZERO BP in 3 hours of non-stop searching even when i find tons of lockers. Maybe it's bases on full moons. Check your bio-rhythm.
Be patient with me. I'm from the USA so my English isn't very good.

Hects Hakal

• The Sarmatians
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2012, 12:56:21 pm »

I never did blueprints hunting-only helped to find encounters and i approve that they spawn in waves
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2012, 01:02:55 pm »

Like I said, they are never completely hidden except when placed indoors like this.
What about small urban man with crossroad, a chest can be in north-east part of map, not inside building, but behind wall, you have to run there to check it.

Also about waves: everything here can be considered about waves, I can remember respawn long time ago, when you bomb someone in NCR, or suicidal burst many people, high chance that you all will respawn at the same replication point, even when it was random.

avv

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2012, 01:45:58 pm »

What about small urban map with crossroad, a chest can be in north-east part of map, not inside building, but behind wall, you have to run there to check it.

Can you make a picture please.
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2012, 01:49:09 pm »

Can you make a picture please.
Oh come on, I wasn't hunting for chests for ages, but ok, I'll try to find it. I'll edit this post when find.

Edit:
I spent few hours and, unfortunately, couldn't find it, however the location I remember is this:
http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/6306/39333696.jpg
I found may be like 20 encounters of that type and there were no locker at all or locker on the left side of map, then I became sick of this. I don't think they removed that locker location after updates with removing empty lockers or any other updates, but I was hunting for lockers before ~January 17, 2012 after searching my post about finding useless bps with 25% lockpick skill and lockpicks. I don't even know if today it's possible to unlock lockers with non-tagged and not raised lockpick skill, but I clearly can remember that locker location in that corridor behind wall. May be later I'll try some more.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 08:48:16 pm by RavenousRat »
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 22 queries.