yes
- 30 (63.8%)
no
- 12 (25.5%)
no opinion
- 5 (10.6%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: FR solution  (Read 12061 times)

FR solution
« on: March 08, 2012, 02:02:47 am »

Last try , if this fails i believe nothing else will succeed. So far the most flexible solution.

Outside the combat , no change at all. Each time you engage in combat , a cooldown on relog is initiated let's say for those 3 minutes , as well cooldown refreshes each time when combat is initiated. To make it more comfortable , that cooldown could show up in the right corner of screen as any other timeout.

PvP would be the same as it was in last season , at the same time allowing everything else what fast relog provides outside of combat.

Crab_people

Re: FR solution
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 02:40:26 am »

i could see 3min cool down for battle  skill to max 100% so ants wont kill you in encounter.
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 02:45:31 am »

I have no idea what you mean by that , but i'm going to sleep.

Crab_people

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 02:50:30 am »

after fast relog you have 3min "sleep mode", when all sg/bg/ew/unarm/mele/throw skill would be reduced to 100%.
that would stop pvp waves fight

JovankaB

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2012, 03:04:37 am »

The problem is any client-side fast relog blockades can be avoided. Then GM, if present, has 180 seconds
(as long as other alt is in "off" state) to catch someone. Unless there is GM checking this all day it makes
no sense. I won't do it and I don't know any GM who would like to do this anymore. And even if there was,
there is a lot of possibility for player to twist around in defense. But I won't give you ideas...

That's why I think hindering PvP combat abilities 2-3 minutes after each login would be better.
Because the only way to avoid it would be to stay on multilog whole time and this is way, WAAAAY easier
to catch. I'm telling this from my experience.

It could be simple huge to hit penalty when you aim players or their followers first 120-180 seconds
after login. Same for followers of the player aiming other players and followers.
Would it make sense? No. Would it work? Yes, I believe so.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 08:07:00 am by JovankaB »
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2012, 03:51:10 am »

Dunno who voted yes, but this idea is even inferior to that of Jovanka, as you don't even need to keep your alt on proxy in game.
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2012, 07:09:57 am »

As JovankaB explained, this will not work. If the timeout is only when your character is in combat, people will do what they did to avoid the old anti-FR system - change IP by resetting their router.
<Izual> Let's crash server

Crab_people

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2012, 10:48:17 am »

sure, reset your router in 3-2-1...
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2012, 12:41:29 pm »

The problem is any client-side fast relog blockades can be avoided.

So why nobody raised concerns about this last session ? I think your missing some points , because everyone accepted how PvP was last session. There were no waves , usually players didn't do fast relogs witch in any case wasn't gamebreaking , just come back from respawn well at least that's what SoT did that's no secret. We are known to take every single advantage to succeed and i'm telling you it's not worth to do things your describing. No reasonable person will do that.

that is the message you get by entering our TS been there for few days , as skycast said once we respect ingame rules.

It will work just like last session , obviously better than now. So you all should think about what really are you arguing about.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 12:58:21 pm by T-888 »

Shangalar

• Dictatorial Tyrant
    • Generation Fallout
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2012, 12:58:29 pm »

So far I agree with your idea.
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2012, 01:03:49 pm »

as you don't even need to keep your alt on proxy in game.

That is how PvP was in last session , i'm sure you were the biggest cheater in that case if you always think how easy is to take advantage of everything , but the truth is who did ? From what i've heard even BBS members gladly play with only one character in the field , now have to wait for you to deny that with some ridiculous argument because i said that , maybe nice boat will come along and start telling me something about starcraft ...

This way we don't punish players who have whatsoever no interest in PvP.

So far I agree with your idea.

Were on the " same page " when it comes to this , because you understand what's important.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 01:18:49 pm by T-888 »

Nice_Boat

• I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2012, 01:36:38 pm »

That is how PvP was in last session , i'm sure you were the biggest cheater in that case if you always think how easy is to take advantage of everything , but the truth is who did ? From what i've heard even BBS members gladly play with only one character in the field , now have to wait for you to deny that with some ridiculous argument because i said that , maybe nice boat will come along and start telling me something about starcraft ...
This is ridiculous coming from a person getting killed at least twice every battle on different chars (here's your random StarCraft reference: zerglings come in pairs too, too bad they're so easy to kill). I'm not saying this to act out on anything, just to remind everyone that the person most active in support of such solutions is exploiting this feature the most. Oh, and spare us the insinuations and poor attempts at trolling, when the FOCD ban wave came BBS was like at the bottom of the list and me and Kilgore were never banned for our actions in-game as far as I can tell.

Besides, Kilgore is a lead dev for another project, so of course he's going to know a lot about cheat prevention and you mouthing him off like that is just hilarious. And to make things clear, I have nothing against introducing this mechanic you propose except for the fact that it won't really work, like, at all.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 01:48:32 pm by Nice_Boat »
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2012, 01:49:19 pm »

This is ridiculous coming from a person getting killed at least twice every battle on different chars

Despite everything that has been told to you in previous topic by avv and others , i can't believe you can still pursue this kind of opinion. Yet you still concentrate on something what is irrelevant to the topic. Please , don't.

I have nothing against introducing this mechanic you propose except for the fact that it won't really work, like, at all.

It worked in last session quite well the overall effect was good enough for everyone to enjoy PvP , that's what is important. How can you say it won't work at all if it has worked in the longest season of all ? Oh right , because it can be avoided in numerous ways , that means it automaticly doesn't work ? I guess your missing something , think about that.

Answer me directly , did you have any major issues with last sessions 3 minute cooldown on fast relog ? Did anyone have ? I am sure someone would have raised those concerns in the 16 month session , but as far as i know players where concerned only about dual log , that tells something very important. It works.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 01:51:58 pm by T-888 »

Nice_Boat

• I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2012, 01:52:19 pm »

It worked in last session quite well the overall effect was good enough for everyone to enjoy PvP , that's what is important. How can you say it won't work at all if it has worked in the longest season of all ? Oh right , because it can be avoided in numerous ways , that means it automaticly doesn't work ? I guess your missing something , think about that.

Answer me directly , did you have any major issues with last sessions 3 minute cooldown on fast relog ? Did anyone have ?
Which part of my answer didn't you get? I don't have anything against this, it's just so easy to bypass it's not even funny.
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2012, 01:55:14 pm »

I see , your avoiding to answer a direct question.

Alright , then answer this will you bypass it each time just for the kicks ? Do you think the majority will do that on a regular basis ?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 33 queries.