yes
- 30 (63.8%)
no
- 12 (25.5%)
no opinion
- 5 (10.6%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: FR solution  (Read 12060 times)

Re: FR solution
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2012, 03:44:07 pm »

I can tell you at least SoT/Rogues didn't bypass fast relog as much as i was playing with them , i can't say for sure about others but i never heard this being an issue last season. Only gorlak once in a while banned dual loggers without proxy , that's what was done by game masters so i can definitely say it worked. With fast relog we bypasses the original 10 minute cooldown , making those only 3 minutes. It's acceptable by everyone , 10 minutes is just way to much.

JovankaB

« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2012, 03:49:12 pm »

Well obviously if you have game rule and a simple blockade then SOME people won't break it or won't bother to bypass it.
So it was never as big problem as now, when it's allowed to jump from one character to another in 1 second.
Because it's allowed and effortless, soon everyone will do it.

But there is still plenty of people who would take the effort to bypass relog timeout.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 04:00:48 pm by JovankaB »
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2012, 04:04:28 pm »

But there is still plenty of people who would do it with the timeout.

Very questionable , if whole factions didn't bother to bypass it i guess it's a major success to current system , so i have no idea who those " plenty people " would be in any case , because i didn't know such people.

Simple game rule and a simple blockade will do wonders just like it did last session , PvP was enjoyable.
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2012, 04:13:08 pm »

Questionable? I would rather say that if someone has already got used to fastrelogs, he is very likely to bypass any blockade after it's implemented, just because the attitude of many players is to win by any means necessary and they wouldn't give up so easily. Still, it's only a guess.. but I'm pretty much sure that "it will do wonders" is just wishful thinking..
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2012, 04:23:38 pm »

just because the attitude of many players is to win by any means necessary and they wouldn't give up so easily. Still, it's only a guess.. but I'm pretty much sure that "it will do wonders" is just wishful thinking..
i can tell you that SoT wouldn't bypass it too would not be worth the effort , it's more comfortable to play with one character anyway.

We didn't bypass it last session and why should we suddenly do that if it gets re-implemented ? A very far-fetched guess.

Who are those " many players " , who ? Some loners ?

pti4ka

• SoT
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2012, 04:24:09 pm »

Agreed with T-888. This fast-relog in PvP fights are stupid and get less way for any tactic. But it is really uncomfortable to wait that minutes and watching clocks for relog on some crafter or something like that.
More: that would be not too bad if somebody will play in 2 windows by driver or crafter (anyway there are a lot ways to do it in some cheat using.)

But adding of some timeout after combat can really decide this problems. If it's possible to realize that would be really nice and comfortable.

JovankaB

« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2012, 04:24:51 pm »

Like I said, I can't say anything about the last session. Maybe later in the longest season people simply
didn't care that much about winning, so respawn and restocking was enough. But in previous ones it
wasn't thanks to the timeout but thanks to hardline policy on server. And there was plenty of people
trying to fast relog. There was like 50 people banned at any time for fast and dual logs.
It required 2 GMs on server doing only this to keep the server "clean" from FR and multilogs.
1 day break and situation was going back to normal - server crawling with fast/dual logs.
And as far as I can tell, there is no will in GM team to deal with this shit again (but I speak only for myself).
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2012, 04:34:58 pm »

Back then fast relog wasn't allowed at all you most probably were banning people for every fast relog. The same thing for dual log , but now it's partially allowed , so you don't need to pay attention to that as much as you had to. Now just checking large fights. It could be same for fast relog with my suggestion on top of that.

Maybe later in the longest season people simplydidn't care that much about winning, so respawn and restocking was enough.

No not really at the end of last session there was more PvP than currently , but anyone mentioning to bypass the whole relog timer , never heard of that last session. It was much more then ever about winning , nobody fought for cities , everyone had shitloads of stuff so it was more for the pure fight itself , to win. We freely dual logged with proxies around in cities used taxis and scouts it wasn't allowed but there wasn't a single team that didn't do it , nobody used dual log on ready to fight characters at least in reno fights and TC. Okay maybe some sneaker with LSW that counts as combat viable , but that's it.

Ready to fight characters on dual log , well all PvP'ers understand , that's low. Playing like that was to just throw rub shit in face. So don't ask me why don't we like to see fast relog in PvP. ;D
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 04:48:57 pm by T-888 »

Marko

• Treeman say map unsafe.
    • Updating the 2238 wiki
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2012, 04:51:30 pm »

As long as i can do PvE battles with FR, okay. But if you remove our ability to use a solo fighter/lockpicker team to clear critters and hunt BP, i'm not okay.
Be patient with me. I'm from the USA so my English isn't very good.
« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2012, 04:56:07 pm »

This current fast relog is highly abusable in TB , don't need no dual log for that. It's not about how you want it but how it's best for the majority of players. Why ? Because you can't always satisfy everyone so the only option is to be flexible. That's important , forcing an opinion doesn't work and achieve anything.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 05:02:19 pm by T-888 »
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2012, 05:08:28 pm »

Let me remind you that this is a game and it is supposed to be fun in the first place. The old relog timer adamantly forced you to stop playing. In fact, it was a 10 minute ban every time you wanted to relog, a punishement. Most retarded feature in FOnline history.

I remember in the last session so many people used fastrelogs, while I was waiting and watching FOnline menu until I was able to connect. One word - frustration. Believe me, it's not easy to be honest in this game, to not use any cheats...

Only thing you achieve with your solution will be punishement for those, who play fair. Cheaters gonna cheat, always. Tens of arguments how it hurts gameplay, but I think people will rather quit because of more restrictions than when you allow them to instantly play this game. When I relog on my farmer, I don't want to wait another 3 minutes due to another ridiculous timer, I wanna grab a gun, armor and go hunting immediately. PvP? Pfff, there always been fastrelogs and always will. It's only bad memory if you don't remember second wave of combat characters...
« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2012, 05:23:40 pm »

Why do i have this feeling that you didn't read at least half the discussion as well my suggestion ? Nevermind.

It was how it was , there is option to improve on that denying that bluntly , avoiding any way for compromise is narrow-minded. Nobody will be punished only restricted and limited around player versus player so interaction between players would be more enjoyable. While farming that fixed 3 minute cooldown won't hurt you as much , because it would be far more flexible than it has ever been , you wouldn't ever need to remember when you logged off comfortable to know when you can log off while being ingame.

My suggestion is to make a 3 minute cooldown relog not a fast relog , that relog cooldown would refresh each time you would initiate combat and you could see it in the right corner of screen as any other timeout. So outside combat , nobody is restricted.

It doesn't make sense to allow everyone to cheat , what is going on right now with no effort at all.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 05:33:27 pm by T-888 »
« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2012, 05:31:49 pm »

Sorry I probably confused threads, I was refering to Jovanka's solution. Your solution seems to be quite reasonable to me.
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2012, 05:38:59 pm »

Don't sweat it :)

Technically it would be like that each time you log of a character , client needs to be in check if there was relog cooldown. If it was for example 1 minute and 40 seconds left , well then you will not be able to log onto other character for that time , but since you would see that cooldown ingame you could do something else meanwhile.

Would that be so easy to bypass ? Now some kilgore or anyone else could enlighten me , if there's something to do with changing IP then well no worries about that.

Quite simple if you ask me.

Again ... the feeling where people vote first then raise their concern ;D so the poll looks irrelevant to me.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 05:48:04 pm by T-888 »
« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2012, 05:47:05 pm »

Ok, I think your last post explained the whole idea so I actually fully understand it  ;D

I seldom log in any character for less than 3 minutes, so yeah, why not. Good suggestion.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 29 queries.