Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog

Poll

Are you for or against no relog time?

against
for

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Fast relog.  (Read 7041 times)

Shangalar

• Dictatorial Tyrant
    • Generation Fallout
Re: Fast relog.
« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2012, 07:42:54 pm »

Nothing to do with me, I'm not even PK or whatever name you'd call me. Just stay out of the conversation instead of saying tons of mistakes and common speeches like :

The wasteland is not harsh. The people in it are harsh.

coz' that's really ridiculous, ya know ?

varandas

• TTTLA
« Reply #61 on: March 07, 2012, 07:51:05 pm »

Calm dwon guys no nead to get to hard words, the reason of this topic is to know where everyone stands about fr and give is point of view.
Does ho suport fr please take a lock at player base of last after wipe, end of last session and now after only 2 and half months of this wipe and if you realy like this game and want to see him preval dont tell me that someting aint rong.
PS. Marko shangalar is no PK is in the justice side.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 07:54:12 pm by varandas »

Nice_Boat

• I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.
« Reply #62 on: March 07, 2012, 08:26:24 pm »

varandas, the largest drop in the number of players happened when crafting became the primary way of getting items instead of farming. The fact that many terrible ideas like parley and predetermined timewindows were introduced to TC certainly didn't help too. Many sessions have passed, with crafting getting harder and farming getting less profitable/more demanding in terms of effort every time a wipe happened... not everyone has the patience and teammates required to go along with all this crap, you know? With this session's atrocious economy it really is no wonder people are still quitting... heck, even if they weren't, the game would be next to unplayable with more players due to "this sorry-ass pile of rocks has been depleted". Blaming it on fast relogs which are actually pretty convenient for absolutely everyone outside of combat is just taking it too far. Heck, I'd risk saying that if the devs removed all the "exploits" like 5mm steal-farming etc. the server would be pretty much empty by now. Out of every 10 people who have dropped this game, probably 9 would complain about grinding and 1 would mention the impossibility of roleplaying with the way this server is set up. Last, but not least - keep in mind that the number of players has been steadily decreasing since late 2009 while the introduction of FR is a fairly new thing, so it's probably a bit too early to be jumping to conclusions, don't you think?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 08:43:01 pm by Nice_Boat »

varandas

• TTTLA
« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2012, 08:44:20 pm »

Well to end my part of this discucion what i can say to you/devs and our loved enemys is that if tings stay this way you aint seing TTTLA in game any time soon. Not that the server depends on us as we are only one of the teams but if i recall last session when every one left the server we and our allies where the only ones given some fun to de remain pvp players in the server............

« Reply #64 on: March 07, 2012, 09:31:00 pm »

If you fast relog and shoot another player in the first 3 minutes your character should turn pink or something like that to mark his shame for fast relog in PvP, that way everyone can still do it but your respect will go down  ;D and in videos or screenshots it will show how many people just keep fast relogging. Heh, even write a number on the character to show is this your 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, etc dual log  :)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 09:38:52 pm by Simon »
Keep your head down, your eyes open and your mouth shut.

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2012, 09:31:47 pm »

If you fast relog and shoot another player in the first 3 minutes your character should turn pink or something like that to mark his shame for fast relog in PvP, that way everyone can still do it but your respect will go down  ;D and in videos or screenshots it will show how many people just keep fast relogging.
this made me lol. half os server would be pink all the time.  :P
Roaming the waste again.
« Reply #66 on: March 07, 2012, 09:54:05 pm »

varandas, the largest drop in the number of players happened when crafting became the primary way of getting items instead of farming.
Heck, I'd risk saying that if the devs removed all the "exploits" like 5mm steal-farming etc. the server would be pretty much empty by now.
Yes, yes, yes... totally agree with Nice_Boat. Crafting is ok for people, who have one character and 100x 5mm ammo is wow for them. Sadly, for pvp apes with a great ammo consumption (one ave-burst is 40 ammo, player carries 400-600 ammo to every battle) this current crafting system is unacceptable. They would have to spend an insane ammount of time doing something very boring. Is this game supposed to be boring? I craft M60 only. It's quite easy to craft but I craft it mainly because there are no NCR Armies (in that case I'd farm it, of course).

With all respect to all the topic contributors, most of the nicks or players here I barely see on the battleground. However, people like me or Nice_Boat, we play almost every day and I have to say that I still don't see any dramatic impact on gameplay caused by fast-relogs.

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #67 on: March 07, 2012, 11:18:55 pm »

Crafting is ok for people, who have one character and 100x 5mm ammo is wow for them. Sadly, for pvp apes with a great ammo consumption (one ave-burst is 40 ammo, player carries 400-600 ammo to every battle) this current crafting system is unacceptable. They would have to spend an insane ammount of time doing something very boring.
Not only apes use boomsticks, mister. If I want to have fun pew-pewing pixels with LSW/M60, I have to prepare bazillion of bullets first. Of course time required for this is much longer than pew-pewing itself. Hell, even 14mm Pistol eats 100+ of ammo on each one-hour PvE tour. 5mm AP requires only one HQ mineral for 100 pieces, .223 and 7.62 both require 5 HQ minerals, so using Avenger is, well, "cheaper".

If I hate crafting (which I don't), I will ragequit quite fast, I suppose.
Nie biegaj za stadem.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #68 on: March 07, 2012, 11:56:16 pm »

Have faith.

It sounds too much like we are talking about God here.

"But he never does anything!  My life is complete shit, so boring, nothing but ass holes around every corner!  If there was really a god he wouldn't let rapists and killers loose on us, and he would cure all disease.  HE KEEPS RUINING MY LIFE!!!! "  Etc etc.....

Devs = Human

Constant discussions mostly complaining about the same damn things over and over again isn't going to motivate them much.

-  I know i say I quit till fixed but they know what needs fixing so my beta-ing isn't necessary right now.  I come back when things have been re-updated and there are new 'discoveries' to be made.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #69 on: March 08, 2012, 12:16:50 am »

Nice_Boats post's make me dream...
What if devs set up a second server parallel to the current one on the same machine but another port, which would contain the data from the first sessions?
In one of the previous sessions devs restored the old data for one day, so I believe they still keep the backup somewhere.
I wonder which of the servers would be more popular.

Additionaly it would be a good opportunity to test the new server machine :)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 12:19:53 am by Floodnik »
« Reply #70 on: March 08, 2012, 01:55:39 am »

I have determined so far the most effective solution, witch could very likely be supported by the majority of the community.

Outside the combat , no change at all. Each time you engage in combat , a cooldown on relog is initiated let's say for those 3 minutes , as well cooldown refreshes each time when combat is initiated. To make it more comfortable , that cooldown could show up in the right corner of screen as any other timeout.

PvP would be the same as it was in last season , at the same time allowing everything else what fast relog provides outside of combat.
« Reply #71 on: March 08, 2012, 03:46:31 am »

I see that you've got a good source of fast proxy servers, T-888  :)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Page created in 0.232 seconds with 25 queries.