Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog

Poll

Are you for or against no relog time?

against
for

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Fast relog.  (Read 7036 times)

Nice_Boat

• I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.
Re: Fast relog.
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2012, 04:08:54 pm »

No idea what's that supposed to mean. If you manage to defeat for example SoT fastrelog waves with some strategy that doesn't involve cheating regularly and in constant rate I'm ready to admit that fr is not a problem. If this strategy is 60 player swarm, I'm not impressed.
Well, it's supposed to mean what it sounds like. Don't stand there like an ass exchanging fire or rushing like a madman, it doesn't really work. As for the latter part - well, okay I guess? I've fought them a few times and I haven't started bitching yet.

You can char skip in another window. Yes I'm telling you to dual log.
That's uncomfortable.

FR is not only problem in tc but pvp anywhere. In gecko mine, new reno, mariposa anywhere where you can just jump in from worldmap at unlimited rate.
Who the hell would gather all those alts over a friggin' mine? That's borderline irl retardation.

Normal respawn + regear is 1min 30sec min. Fast relog is 20 seconds. If you can choose, do you take rather 1,5mins or 20 seconds at the cost of some drugs if your whole team's victory is at stake? Some will do it from the delight of pwning some random guy who killed his previous char.
Why would the team's victory be at stake because of a single minute? A minute is not even enough to properly reform for most gangs.

Perhaps we could arrange a little test - fast relogging SOT vs non-linear tactics of BBS ;)
Most preferably on a custom map that doesn't have anything to do with the actual combat zones, let's also introduce arbitrary limits on the number of participants, make sure everyone is entering with a tourney mindset and eliminate any possibility of surprising someone at all. That'd sure as hell prove a lot.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 04:13:52 pm by Nice_Boat »

varandas

• TTTLA
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2012, 04:18:12 pm »

Perhaps we could arrange a little test - fast relogging SOT vs non-linear tactics of BBS ;)
No nead we have vidoes that show skilled players (tink i can call us that) fighting whit a concret stratagy waves in equal number of skill players.
Well in all does videos what hapen is we are lets say 15 and then:
1° wave- 15 atacking players get kiled we lose 3/4 20 sec after
2° wave- 15 atacking players get kiled we lose more 5/6 players 20 sec after
3° wave - 15 atacking players kill the remaining 5/6 of us whit out the dead even have time to return from spawn
This is what hapen in a fight betwenn a gang that fast relog and other ho dont, fr was abel to come back in less then 1 min 3 times nothing you can do
Well some of you will say but why dont you fast relog as well? To does people i will answer, no point fights just go dwon to numbers not skill, fun is divided by 10 and its a endless fight.
If someone can prove me rong please go a head..........

« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 04:20:57 pm by varandas »

Nice_Boat

« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2012, 04:19:56 pm »

No nead we have vidoes that show skilled players (tink i can call us that) fighting whit a concret stratagy waves in equal number of skill players.
Well in all does videos what hapen is we are lets say 15 and then:
1° wave- 15 atacking players get kiled we lose 3/4 20 sec after
2° wave- 15 atacking players get kiled we lose more 5/6 players 20 sec after
3° wave - 15 atacking players kill the remaining 5/6 of us whit out the dead even have time to return from spawn
This is what hapen in a fight betwenn a gang that fast relog and other ho dont, fr was abel to come back in less then 1 min 3 times nothing you can do
Well some of you will but why dont you fast relog as well? To does people i will answer, no point fights just go dwon to numbers not skill, fun is divided by 10 and its a endless fight.
If someone can prove me rong please go a head..........

If you knew they'd be back why didn't you regear and reenter? Of course you lose if you fight it on their terms...
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 04:22:31 pm by Nice_Boat »

varandas

• TTTLA
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2012, 04:22:40 pm »

If you knew they'd be back why didn't you regear and reenter?
Ok then smart guy lets go to bh i will kill you and i want you back in the same pvp char ( 28 od) full gear drogs taken in less than 1 min.
Tink you can do it?????????
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2012, 04:25:57 pm »

Pointless to post here when most of "against" voters just stick to arguments "BBS this BBS that". Nobody said here that BBS is perfect, great, good and/or lame and it completely doesn't matter which one is true. I'm stating my opinion as an individual person not whole gang. Same about Nice Boat or Manero. Last time I've seen one of FR's biggest enemies in game (that is posting here and threatening to use x copies of his pvp alt) he spawned with his second pvp char (the first one was already dead) in the middle of our group and lived for approximately 1.53s. No further comment from me.

Nice_Boat

« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2012, 04:26:09 pm »

Ok then smart guy lets go to bh i will kill you and i want you back in the same pvp char ( 28 od) full gear drogs taken in less than 1 min.
Tink you can do it?????????
A tent/base on respawn, a car, a gear set, a stimpack kit and I don't really see a problem here.

varandas

• TTTLA
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2012, 04:31:58 pm »

A tent/base on respawn, a car, a gear set, a stimpack kit and I don't really see a problem here.
Lol i saw that coming so it means in a 15 people team that will fight lets say SOT (nothing against them they are exceptional adversaries that are just using all at their disposition to win) that will send you min 3 waves, it means (by the rules whit no dual logg or proxy leader to move you and your team mates around) you nead min 60 cars lol yep thats realy comon ting.
You beat my logic..................
ROFLMAO

Marko

• Treeman say map unsafe.
    • Updating the 2238 wiki
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2012, 06:15:00 pm »

I love Fast Relog. This is one of the best changes i see this season. I for one will be bummed out if it goes away.

I'm against the Sleepy idea and/or Passing Out at logoff.

I'd like someone to tell me in clear terms why FR is causing problems in TC. I don't see how wave after wave of incoming enemy fighters would not be fun. It seem to me, if you want to do TC now, you have to combat multiple waves of PvP battles. Isn't that a fun thing for PvP fighters? More PvP fights should be better, right? And if the enemy has the exact same challenge when you attack them, then where is the problem?
Be patient with me. I'm from the USA so my English isn't very good.

Shangalar

• Dictatorial Tyrant
    • Generation Fallout
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2012, 06:25:04 pm »

Not everybody has time or finds fun to build X chars, dude. As simple as that. It's an endless and time consuming race.

It's already long enough to get stuff ready for battle, to have to prepare chars too is just crazy.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 06:44:30 pm by Shangalar »

JovankaB

« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2012, 06:55:43 pm »

I'd like someone to tell me in clear terms why FR is causing problems in TC.

Yea, yea.... if you are used to make new alts all the time then it's great I suppose...
Not so great if you like to play with 1-2 characters or simply don't have time to create army of alts.

It gets worse if you aren't in organized gang and can't share PvP alts.

I don't understand how some people consider FR in PvP improved gameplay.
Grinding XP to create army of alts and hauling the army over worldmap isn't skill.
It excludes casual players from PvP. And then people wonder where are "small gangs"...

You shouldn't need more than 1 PvP character to participate in combat with equal chance to win against other player.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 07:00:35 pm by JovankaB »

Rage master

« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2012, 06:58:36 pm »

It excludes casual players from PvP. And then people wonder where are "small gangs"...

You shouldn't need more than 1 PvP character to participate in combat with equal chance to win against other player.

what pvp? pvp is dead thanks to great tc idea. And yea why we have to make pvp alts, lest all use only 1char ;]

varandas

• TTTLA
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2012, 07:00:02 pm »

Yea, yea.... if you are used to make new alts all the time then it's great I suppose...
Not so great if you like to play with 1-2 characters or simply don't have time to create army of alts.

It gets worse if you aren't in organized gang and can't share PvP alts.

I don't understand how some people consider FR in PvP improved gameplay.
Grinding XP to create army of alts and hauling the army over worldmap isn't skill.

+1000000000000000

Marko

• Treeman say map unsafe.
    • Updating the 2238 wiki
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2012, 07:08:02 pm »

Then i suggest "TC Locking"

Once a team officially starts TC in a TC town, all players who show up there during TC can only target THAT team's characters. So try to come back after death but while TC is still going on, and you won't be able to target enemy players - only your own team.

Enemy team shows up and has to "Join TC" which adds them to the opposing team only, and they have only so much time to add more people. Then the system gets locked and a *somewhat* fair fight might happen. Innocent visitors showing up to do a quest or get a perk (possibly oblivious about TC in progress), choose to not "Join TC", can run their errands but cannot target anyone in either team.

When TC is done, there is a 30 minute time delay before another TC can be started.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 07:12:13 pm by Marko »
Be patient with me. I'm from the USA so my English isn't very good.

varandas

• TTTLA
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2012, 07:10:45 pm »

And if the atacking team is using fr????????????

Nice_Boat

« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2012, 07:11:01 pm »

Yeah, and let's reintroduce something more or less like parley because it was such a great idea >_> God, if the discussion is going this way I might become a convert and start supporting Jovanka's cooldown as a lesser evil ::)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 29 queries.