"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 02:22:42 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: new anti-fast relog, sleepy characters after login  (Read 20832 times)

avv

Re: new anti-fast relog, sleepy characters after login
« Reply #60 on: February 17, 2012, 01:18:02 pm »

I can but do I want to do that? No.

So the game should cater precisely for you and your playstyle? Do you realize that the way you play is quite far cry how many others play it?

And I have had pvp where I go to New Reno and kill someone and he comes back with an alt. And I have died from that. It still doesn't bother me.

It doesn't bother me either because I'm gonna do it myself too. This isn't about what bothers who but how the game is going to turn out. Do you think it's okay that beginning and occasional pvp players will have no place in late game pvp because they don't have enough characters to put on worldmap for relogs?
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

JovankaB

« Reply #61 on: February 17, 2012, 01:42:38 pm »

So the game should cater precisely for you and your playstyle? Do you realize that the way you play is quite far cry how many others play it?

Oh the irony.

Let's forget about initial suggestion.

I think it would be perfect if returning from respawn, healing, restocking would be more less
the same as relogging on another charater. The question is how can it be done, and
preferably in a way that doesn't hurt PvE too much. It could be SPECIAL penalty in following
way: You get -10 SPECIAL penalty points.

First, PE is penalized down to 1.
If there are still some penalty points, the remain points are used to penalize ST
If there are still some penalty points, the remain points are used to penalize LK
And so on, I'm not sure about the order, but the point is it should be SPECIALs
that matter the most in PvP and PvE the least. I think PE should be first.

If you are turn based PvE 120 seconds of such penalty wouldn't be a big deal.
I mean, seriously, you can use the time to increase range from enemies
or whatever even if you get immediately encounter. RT PvE first 120 seconds
would be a bit worse but you could still one hex enemies. We are talking about
2 minutes (or similar time) after login here while your character is "sleepy".

Mercenerias should get the same penalty.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 01:59:28 pm by JovankaB »

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #62 on: February 17, 2012, 06:54:07 pm »

You cant just simply eliminate some behaviour by implementing and enforcing the rules. It does not work so simply in real world, where most of people's actions are unanonymous, the more in internet environment.

I can give you real life shiny examle. Look at prohibition in US in 1920s. They prohibit alcohol consumption (=very popular activity), but people did not care. And people who organized alcohol distribution profited from that.

I will tell you what wil be result. More players (than previous session) would use proxies, because they experienced comfort of fast relog. The "good guys" will suffer more, because they will need more time for basic agenda (=undisputable result of implementing cooldown) and they will be more pissed on players who will use proxies. Also GMs, instead of spending time in events activities, they will catch players.

Fonline environment without dual logs and fast relogs is castle in the air.

What really could works, are game mechanisms which prefer "no dual log or no fast relog behaviour". Examples?

Raise (or lower :) ) negative HPs to higher values. If char would have minus 100 hps, he will not so quick abandon his current char for another.

TC (organized PvP) should not be based on rule that allows to concentrate and prepare many alts (loitering) but it should be based on fast action => fast reaction principles. ... and others. This could work, not naive dreams.
So long and THANKS for all the fish!

avv

« Reply #63 on: February 17, 2012, 07:06:02 pm »

You cant just simply eliminate some behaviour by implementing and enforcing the rules. It does not work so simply in real world, where most of people's actions are unanonymous, the more in internet environment.

How often did you really see an obvious mass-scale pvp fastrelog in previous session? I remember seeing like one. People didn't bother to bypass the relog timer that much. Instead they used taxi proxy to bring back their dead guys.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #64 on: February 17, 2012, 08:03:16 pm »

How often did you really see an obvious mass-scale pvp fastrelog in previous session? I remember seeing like one. People didn't bother to bypass the relog timer that much. Instead they used taxi proxy to bring back their dead guys.

Dont forget, that current session behaviour arises from the conditions they were at the beginning of the session. If personal comfort is reduced, people strive to improve it, even they will violate rules. So comparsion between previous and current session could not work.

But more important is the aproach. I just dont like reductions, eliminations, limitations as a solution for gameplay fixes.
So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #65 on: February 18, 2012, 02:22:46 am »

Trying to think of a simple solution. Instead of 0 AP, items in players hands are moved into inventory for 3 minutes? Or somehow items in hand cannot be used for 3 minutes. Only pvp HtH alts would not really be affected.

Relogging miner alts can still mine, can still run away in TB battles, people can barter, gather, go questing, leaders can quick log to add a new alt to base.

Will allow a single player to use multiple alts to clear all the mines without travelling, while also letting people pvp without having to lvl24 a dozen alts just to be the last one standing.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 02:24:36 am by Catoptromancy »

Perteks

• It's made of vague and to do lists!
« Reply #66 on: February 18, 2012, 07:16:25 am »

Trying to think of a simple solution. Instead of 0 AP, items in players hands are moved into inventory for 3 minutes? Or somehow items in hand cannot be used for 3 minutes. Only pvp HtH alts would not really be affected.  bla bla bla
Even more dumb suggestion :P I though its suggestion about punish alt miners and pvp fast relog but i see ur way is troll way improve
« Reply #67 on: February 18, 2012, 02:24:27 pm »

Let me give you this example. What I do is go on hunts, in locations far away from my base. I hunt for loot and then make my way back to the base. I don't take alot of stuff with me like stimpacks. What I rely on is first aid. I often end up almost dead and go to worldmap to heal up. My first aid timeout is 3 minutes and whenever it is not ready and I'm wounded I exit the game because it is pointless to wait 3 minutes staring at the worldmap. Now every time I log back in and am ready to fight right away or even use first aid, I can't because of the extra 2 minute timeout. That's really gonna piss me off and once I exit the game to take the break I won't even feel like logging back in.

Invalid argument. Since you only have 1 character you can as well stay logged in and just minimize the game. If your pc is any better than a potato, the fact that a minimalized FOnline application is running won't have any real effects on your system. Problem solved.

I think what avv suggested is the best solution possible. At least 2 minutes cooldown penalty on all fighting skills seems very reasonable to me, as it would only punish the PvP alt reloggers, not casual players and people who have crafting alts.

Btw. little OT but I rly think it's rly retarded you can only have one tent per character, especially since everyone that plays the game longer than a week is making tent alts anyway, so what's the point? Why don't you devs just allow people to have let's say 3 tents per character and make this game a little easier and more fun to new and casual players.
Any newb that starts the game now just ends up being helplessly stuck in his 'empty pockets' situation - the vendors don't rly accept MOST items, especially the ones a begginer could have, making trading impossible for noobs - true story bro. I've seen a lot players who were just getting started and stuff... they all got frustrated eventually, since the economy as it is now doesn't rly allow you to exist outside of a gang, if you don't have the skills to craft and farm good stuff for yourself. Any new player starts the game, he gets stuck - and then he quits forever. And "The wasteland is harsh" is not a real argument.  ;D
« Reply #68 on: February 18, 2012, 06:27:12 pm »

So instead of saying its dumb, offer another way of allowing fast relog that wont lead to pvp fast relogging.
« Reply #69 on: February 19, 2012, 05:13:27 am »

I will support this idea only if you add coffee that takes away sleepiness.
Seeing coffee brewers or a wasteland starbucks will make me forget about having to wait the 2 minute timeout.
« Reply #70 on: February 20, 2012, 04:18:39 pm »

My suggestion is to remove TC at all.

This would solve 90% of this game's problems. Unfortunately, it would also probably decrease server donations by 90% as well.

I'm all for sleepiness. If it is 5 minutes of penalty to all skills. That would be annoying. But with 2 minutes I can even agree to a big countdown after login. You log into your character and it counts down from 120 to 0 and only then does the server let you connect fully. 2 minutes is nothing. I can open the game, go watch a youtube lolcat and I'm playing before the lolcat ends.
<Izual> Let's crash server
« Reply #71 on: February 21, 2012, 10:41:53 pm »

What about increasing damage taken from players by 50-100% for the first 2 minutes after logging in?
« Reply #72 on: February 22, 2012, 01:51:47 am »

fuck it. i like waves fighting...

Aricvomit

• Prepare for bowel disruption
« Reply #73 on: March 01, 2012, 04:34:48 am »

I like the idea of nerfing the reloggers somehow. prefer just to have the old timeout system but anything is better than nothing.
plasma nade your face off!

Andr3aZ

• Endless forum lurker
« Reply #74 on: March 01, 2012, 07:56:30 am »

Please do not kill the current feature for PvEers for the sake of stepping on PK-Trolls shoes.
Also gangs with shared chars -> gone as it is right now.

Remember that old godmode feature when you entered a town? you couldn't be harmed but also couldn't harm anyone else for a few seconds.
Do that for X seconds after fast-relog, only applied to player-characters. If you kill someone in a town and then take a nap there after doin that - your fault if someone "else" comes and kills you.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 24 queries.