"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 01:22:08 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: new anti-fast relog, sleepy characters after login  (Read 20828 times)

Re: new anti-fast relog, sleepy characters after login
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2012, 10:45:27 pm »

You login and you jump right into fights the same minute?
You can do plenty of other things first 120 seconds. Also, I was considering:

And about your previous post, no, I don't know what you meant.
You posted fallacious argument and called it appeal to logic. Your second post is much better, thanks.
I might not login and jump right into fights every time, but whenever I want to do that I want to be able to do that.
It will get on my nerves if whenever I want to take a 5 min break from the game and I would log back in to have to wait.

Well my dear Jovanka, if you really are dull enough not to understand what I meant then I will explain.
I take it that the developers don't make the game to play it themselves. So I also take it that the developers are developing this game for the fonline 2238 community of players. If they are making it for the players then I assume that they want the players to be happy with the game. If majority of the players are against the change then clearly the majority will be unhappy with the change. If the developers want the players to be happy with the game then it is safe to assume that the developers do not want the players to be unhappy with the feature.
And from my point of view, that makes your suggestion stupid.

Then you post that "Sorry but "GMs hate playerbase" "everyone will quit" is appeal to emotion not valid points in discussion..."
Since you are such a linguistics nazi I want to point out that it is not pathos, it is logos. Appeals to logic.

JovankaB

« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2012, 11:17:21 pm »

If majority of the players are against the change then clearly the majority will be unhappy with the change.

I see 2 problems here:

1. You call maybe 5 people who spoke here clearly against it "majority of the players".
2. You jump to conclusion that they will hate something when they try it just because they though it was bad idea.

Let's consider avv's version - 120 seconds, with less combat abilities on relog.

It's far, far less restrictive than 10 minute relog timeout that was before and much more effective at what it was supposed to protect against.

And if you don't want game to restrict you, maybe devs should add fly ability for everyone. Or teleportation. :P ;)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 11:23:00 pm by JovankaB »

Marko

• Treeman say map unsafe.
    • Updating the 2238 wiki
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2012, 12:24:31 am »

I love JovankaB, just for the record.

Also for the record: i totally oppose this idea.

The ability we have this new season to quickly switch characters with no delay is a huge improvement that benefits everyone. When i get PK'd in the mine, i now at least have a chance to switch to my fighter and go deal some justice. That PK knows he might need to move on or face my fighter very soon. If i cannot find him, i switch back to my miner and pick up where i left off working in the mine.

If i have to wait again like last season, it is NO disadvantage to the PK - only disadvantage to me. The more time it takes to play this game, the less people will play it.
Be patient with me. I'm from the USA so my English isn't very good.

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2012, 02:06:11 am »

I really like this idea, because like was stated several times, fast relogging back to fight is major problem this season. If you tweak it correctly, it would hinder only pvp apes and other players can do whatever they did.
Reducing combat skills and/or some SPECIAL stat is way to go.

@Marko - Youre complaining because your pure miner cant fight back. If you make such chars, you should face consequences.
@Chocolate_Chip_Cookies - You know, not everything that makes players happy should be added into the game. Id be happy to have free APAs, but would it make the game better ?
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2012, 03:50:29 am »

@Chocolate_Chip_Cookies - You know, not everything that makes players happy should be added into the game. Id be happy to have free APAs, but would it make the game better ?
But you see the thing about majority is that it will always regulate itself. If someone wants to implement free APAs, the majority will be against it. Because no one really wants chaos and unbalance and the majority will vote for what's fair.
At least that's what I believe. Think about it.

avv

« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2012, 08:06:53 am »

I might not login and jump right into fights every time, but whenever I want to do that I want to be able to do that.
It will get on my nerves if whenever I want to take a 5 min break from the game and I would log back in to have to wait.

But if you hardly ever start fighting right before you log in, what's the problem? You want to do it but you don't have to. I bet the multialt reloggers too would want to jump in right after relog.

Could you describe me a situation where you yourself absolutely want to start fighting right after loging?

Besides, once you actually encounter this fastrelogging you pretty much want to either do it yourself or want it being limited.

The ability we have this new season to quickly switch characters with no delay is a huge improvement that benefits everyone. When i get PK'd in the mine, i now at least have a chance to switch to my fighter and go deal some justice. That PK knows he might need to move on or face my fighter very soon. If i cannot find him, i switch back to my miner and pick up where i left off working in the mine.

If i have to wait again like last season, it is NO disadvantage to the PK - only disadvantage to me. The more time it takes to play this game, the less people will play it.

So you're avoiding the low carryweight limit of your pvp ape with your hauler and then get upset when avoiding the flaws of your character via loophole becomes harder? Shouldn't you be saying that chars don't have enough cw as default?
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Marko

• Treeman say map unsafe.
    • Updating the 2238 wiki
« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2012, 09:18:46 am »

I'm not complaining at all. I like the way it is. They did a good job allowing fast relog.

@Sarakin: You're complaining but i don't know why. Truth is, i already face the consequences of having a crafter/miner, and it all works for me just fine. I fast-switch to fighter when trouble comes to the mine. Everything is cool - no need to change this since it isn't broken.
Be patient with me. I'm from the USA so my English isn't very good.

avv

« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2012, 09:55:34 am »

I fast-switch to fighter when trouble comes to the mine. Everything is cool - no need to change this since it isn't broken.

You might change your mind after this pk jumps in with second, third and then fourth char. Either you do the same or... what?
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2012, 11:06:06 am »

The fact that everyone is against it means that it's a stupid suggestion.

Bulshit! Its a good sugestion!

But if you want arguments then let me tell you this. You would hurt every player to punish a few. Every player would be affected by this because everyone would have the same timout thing. Some won't care about it but others will be pissed off.

can you explain (give a precise exemple) how 2 minute combat cooldown after login would hurt not alting player?

Perteks

• It's made of vague and to do lists!
« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2012, 11:47:14 am »

What about mining alt :P?
« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2012, 12:04:20 pm »

can you explain (give a precise exemple) how 2 minute combat cooldown after login would hurt not alting player?

Sleepy characters can't extract materials from facilities (no mining ore, etc, you get "you are too sleepy to work now").
They also get penalty to all skills equal to sleepy_seconds_left * -1%.
So right after relog you have -300% to all skills and the penalty gradually goes down.

But if you hardly ever start fighting right before you log in, what's the problem? You want to do it but you don't have to. I bet the multialt reloggers too would want to jump in right after relog.
Could you describe me a situation where you yourself absolutely want to start fighting right after loging?

Let me give you this example. What I do is go on hunts, in locations far away from my base. I hunt for loot and then make my way back to the base. I don't take alot of stuff with me like stimpacks. What I rely on is first aid. I often end up almost dead and go to worldmap to heal up. My first aid timeout is 3 minutes and whenever it is not ready and I'm wounded I exit the game because it is pointless to wait 3 minutes staring at the worldmap. Now every time I log back in and am ready to fight right away or even use first aid, I can't because of the extra 2 minute timeout. That's really gonna piss me off and once I exit the game to take the break I won't even feel like logging back in.

And for the record I have no problem with reloggers. I don't think it's an issue at all and I have no alts.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 12:07:26 pm by chocolate_chip_cookies »

Prometheus Pithras

• Blues, Blues Never Change
    • Black Metal Radio
« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2012, 12:11:31 pm »

:-X habibi, please...As always these kind of tweaks which affects everyone "equally" is what YOU pretend, but instead the reality is ,that because it doesnt fix the origin of the exploits at all it just ends up making it hard ONLY for the ones who doesnt cheat, and as i always said, this is a beta why is there a need to wait so much?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arwhzV3aWOQ
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 12:22:03 pm by Prometheus Pithras »

[img]http://oi43.tinypic.com/nmcnly.jpg[/img

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv9Zm8qBT-U[

avv

« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2012, 12:32:57 pm »

Let me give you this example. What I do is go on hunts, in locations far away from my base. I hunt for loot and then make my way back to the base. I don't take alot of stuff with me like stimpacks. What I rely on is first aid. I often end up almost dead and go to worldmap to heal up. My first aid timeout is 3 minutes and whenever it is not ready and I'm wounded I exit the game because it is pointless to wait 3 minutes staring at the worldmap. Now every time I log back in and am ready to fight right away or even use first aid, I can't because of the extra 2 minute timeout. That's really gonna piss me off and once I exit the game to take the break I won't even feel like logging back in.

But since you only have one char, can't you just stay logged in?

And for the record I have no problem with reloggers. I don't think it's an issue at all and I have no alts.

How much pvp have you done in this session? I don't have problem with reloggers either when doing pve or shopping in safe towns.
« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2012, 12:50:23 pm »

But since you only have one char, can't you just stay logged in?

How much pvp have you done in this session? I don't have problem with reloggers either when doing pve or shopping in safe towns.

I can but do I want to do that? No.
During these hunts I just log on for 5 minutes just to fight one encounter and then exit game to heal up and then come back after 10 min for another 5 minute round.
I often have other stuff I need to be doing, so the 5 minutes I get on every so often is a break from what I was doing.

And I have had pvp where I go to New Reno and kill someone and he comes back with an alt. And I have died from that. It still doesn't bother me.
« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2012, 01:00:51 pm »

Im have some characters, but this sleepy, non combat status is not any problem to my, and again 2minutes for non PvP player is litlle time, is afecting most PvP, big gangs, in where are most whiners, most player are not i TC, because is monopolize by big druga/1000alt/ gangs, and they wont give a damn.

I only have one account and don't make alts because I don't want to. I could care less if I kill someone and he comes back with an alt to fight back

And thats sick, they com kill you, you relog to some combat ape, and kill them, nor any sens, nor funn, nor climate, you kill him, and the come to fights with another powerbuild character.
Rat can survive a month, eating only cable insulation.

"Zaczyńszczyk, czyli ten kto zaczyna zawsze musi zostać zlikwidowany, każdy kto w czymkolwiek jest pierwszy może być niebezpieczny"
Bykowski - tow. komisarz
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 24 queries.