"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 05, 2024, 05:06:10 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: new anti-fast relog, sleepy characters after login  (Read 18650 times)

BenKain

• Independent Developer
Re: new anti-fast relog, sleepy characters after login
« Reply #120 on: April 03, 2012, 11:52:37 am »

...did he just beat me in a fair fight?

Yes he did. Your bad for being in an unguarded mine, with a level 3 no less, with no mercs.

Marko

• Treeman say map unsafe.
    • Updating the 2238 wiki
« Reply #121 on: April 03, 2012, 12:11:16 pm »

No he did not beat me in a fair fight. LoL! He beat me, but it was certainly not a fair fight. And it was dishonorable. Just think about it: you have a fully leveled fighter and you want to use him for his intended purpose. So you find a gang and get into TC. Your opponents are also there to TC, so it's honorable. Or you solo in New Reno against other fighters. Once again your enemies are brutal, but you're there to PvP so it's honorable. Or you go to Hinkley where fighters gather to fight honorably.

But if you're a reckless brutal meanihead, you hunt a brand new guy who has no weapon or any weapon skill yet. He's working hard to craft stuff that you might be able to buy. He could use your advice about the game and some help getting started. He finally got a hammer and he's so excited to find the mine! He has no expectation of a fight with you since he's clearly minding his own business mining. And...you murder him. You shoot him in the back with a plasma rifle and he melts into goo. No warning. No challenge. No xp earned. You were just bored and you have no sense of fairness or honor. You simply don't care if new players quit and you're too stupid to make the connection between unchecked tyranny, people quitting, and donation money going with them. You don't connect the dots because, in my example, you're a heartless, mindless, immature thug who just cannot cut it in a real PvP fight. Your victims wonder if there are any fair fights in the game because that one certainly wasn't one.

But BenK, i'm glad you're not like that. I bet you're one of the nicer guys here. I think i can tell. But you need to not react first - just think and wait to reply. Connect those dots above. Because you're arguing on the wrong side!

PS: nothing wrong with mining HQ, and nothing wrong with a level 3 miner, and it would be weird to mine with a team of mercs. More weird ideas from BenK, one of the nicest guys here.
Be patient with me. I'm from the USA so my English isn't very good.

BenKain

• Independent Developer
« Reply #122 on: April 03, 2012, 12:31:57 pm »

I take my Mercs everywere...
Never know when a guy if going to burst you in a guarded town. He's going to die anyway, I just like to fuel the fire.

Sure, when I started, I met way to many of these people. PvP ape wannabes that were just bored so they hunted some blues. But I'm most certainly not on "the wrong side". I just don't do alts. I think having ten toons is a ridiculous waste of time, and this feature would make alting less of a "necessity".   
« Reply #123 on: April 06, 2012, 04:13:28 pm »

I think the game shouldnt prevent gamers from playing!
Seems everbody is bored of waiting for something in this game...
How i learned to love the bomb...

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #124 on: April 06, 2012, 06:07:26 pm »

There is not such thing like alting! Only in poor countires poland more people share one computer.
So long and THANKS for all the fish!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 21 queries.