"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 19, 2024, 09:13:22 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Profession limit - what's the reason?  (Read 5359 times)

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
Profession limit - what's the reason?
« on: January 23, 2012, 07:42:23 am »

What's the reason to have professions limited to 3 per character? Making an alt with Repair tagged and boosting it up to 100% is a matter of less than hour, so barely anyone would bother with "interaction stuff" after finding blueprints his character(s) cannot use.

I have 2nd Armorer and 1st SG Gunsmith on mah main woodsman, so with current limits I can't take there nothing more. I used to like my chars at least a bit , but I cannot like at all a specified alt, made for one purpose only.

I know it's not "mah game!!1", so I don't demand anything, I just want to know why we have such limits.
Nie biegaj za stadem.

Surf

• это моё.
Re: Profession limit - what's the reason?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 07:52:59 am »

It seems like an odd decision to me aswell, seeing how on other ends it's being worked on to actually reduce the "need" for alts (blueprints etc). Now, crafters are atleast a bit capable to defend themselves, I don't think it would hurt to remove the profession limit (given there are still skill requirements to "buy" these).

Spotty

• Wuff Wuff!!!
    • Crazy 88
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 08:34:36 am »

I think no prof limit would be pretty cool due to no 2 crafters would be the same due to blueprints.

Maybe an increasing price per prof could help balance out a no profession cap? Say 1500 per profession. But then people would alt to save money on profs.
[img]http://img19.imageshack.us/
img19/4053/c88.png
"Hatred is gained as much by good works as by evil."
- Niccolo Machiavelli -

Kombajn

• Ciśnij pompki, paziu.
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 08:35:21 am »

Well, I got used to having each alt to each profession. However it would be nice to increase number of profession levels.
I think that this is better idea for players to create one or two characters for crafting than having like 4-5 of them.
One to SG, one to BG, one to DOC, one to DEMO, one to ARM...

Solar, you said that atm crafters are more likely to defend themselves? How its possible when the requirement for 2nd (last) level of profession demands only 100% of repair (SG,BG,ARM)? All I need to do is to create an alt with 10 of INT, Skilled trait, tag "repair" skill and at the end just get ONE lvl to increase repair up to 100% and its done - we have our brave and skillfull weapons and armors crafter, with no fighting skill needed as to get one level we just need to do aquest or two.
Currently retired.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 09:02:01 am »

Well, I got used to having each alt to each profession. However it would be nice to increase number of profession levels.
I think that this is better idea for players to create one or two characters for crafting than having like 4-5 of them.
One to SG, one to BG, one to DOC, one to DEMO, one to ARM...

Solar, you said that atm crafters are more likely to defend themselves? How its possible when the requirement for 2nd (last) level of profession demands only 100% of repair (SG,BG,ARM)? All I need to do is to create an alt with 10 of INT, Skilled trait, tag "repair" skill and at the end just get ONE lvl to increase repair up to 100% and its done - we have our brave and skillfull weapons and armors crafter, with no fighting skill needed as to get one level we just need to do aquest or two.

Not everyone is a pvp obsessed, OCD ridden powergamer who minmaxes everything. There are people who play 1-2 characters only with both crafting and some fighting skills mixed.

Spotty

• Wuff Wuff!!!
    • Crazy 88
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2012, 09:03:27 am »

I think Solar had the advanced workbenches in mind when he said that. Tried using the bench in the Toxic caves with your level 2 crafter with no combat skills?

Also, since the adv benches are all in public areas chances for running into some possible conflict is kind of high. Even when traveling in a group I think most would prefer to be able to fight with the crafter in case shit happens.
img19/4053/c88.png
- Niccolo Machiavelli -

Kombajn

• Ciśnij pompki, paziu.
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2012, 11:38:12 am »

I think Solar had the advanced workbenches in mind when he said that. Tried using the bench in the Toxic caves with your level 2 crafter with no combat skills?

Also, since the adv benches are all in public areas chances for running into some possible conflict is kind of high. Even when traveling in a group I think most would prefer to be able to fight with the crafter in case shit happens.

There is one adv. workbench at GunnRunners - just need to reach 1000 of reputation and voilla, you do not have to worry about PeKays as this is guarded area. Conclusion? YOU DONT NEED ANY FIGHTING SKILL.
Currently retired.

Kombajn

• Ciśnij pompki, paziu.
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2012, 11:54:59 am »

Not everyone is a pvp obsessed, OCD ridden powergamer who minmaxes everything. There are people who play 1-2 characters only with both crafting and some fighting skills mixed.

Surely I am not PVP obsessed as I am not member of PVP Gang. I like PVP, but I like to have hi-tech shiny new weapons and armors in my base, so I need to create one alt to each profession.
Currently retired.

avv

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2012, 12:16:34 pm »

Yes, we're at it again. The game has many improvements but alts never change.
Only profesion that a real ape might take is doctor 2.

Repairer, dismantler, lockpicker, armorer, gunsmith are all profesions that have to be alted. Especially repairer and dismantler because the higher skill, the better the benefits. No sense taking even moderate science if 300 simply means more items.

There should be just frigging supertools that are super-duper hard to get and they raise your support skills to 300. Gather all of them and you can craft and dismantle everything with your favourite char. What's the difference to that than having alts for everything?
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Spotty

• Wuff Wuff!!!
    • Crazy 88
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2012, 12:20:47 pm »

...you do not have to worry about PeKays as this is guarded area.

You do realize FOnline has a very long, rich and colorful history of people killing people in "guarded" areas, right...?
img19/4053/c88.png
- Niccolo Machiavelli -

Kombajn

• Ciśnij pompki, paziu.
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2012, 12:25:49 pm »

You do realize FOnline has a very long, rich and colorful history of people killing people in "guarded" areas, right...?

Yes, of course I do remember such "events", but this is not so common and there is nothing hard to check the city map on view before you enter, if the guards still guarding.
Currently retired.
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2012, 08:14:48 pm »

What's the reason to have professions limited to 3 per character? Making an alt with Repair tagged and boosting it up to 100% is a matter of less than hour, so barely anyone would bother with "interaction stuff" after finding blueprints his character(s) cannot use.

I have 2nd Armorer and 1st SG Gunsmith on mah main woodsman, so with current limits I can't take there nothing more. I used to like my chars at least a bit , but I cannot like at all a specified alt, made for one purpose only.

I know it's not "mah game!!1", so I don't demand anything, I just want to know why we have such limits.

Stop complaining your whining too much the profession system is a great new feature and I love it.
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2012, 09:02:11 pm »

Profession system is old system, not new feature  :-\
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2012, 09:12:06 pm »

Stop complaining your whining too much the profession system is a great new feature and I love it.

i wonder if he just created new forum account to write all this whining shit... also as bobek said its not new!
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2012, 09:16:51 pm »

This Reaver certainly is 1 unhappy camper, maybe he got pk whilst out gathering the last hide he needed for his super duper outdoorsman tent.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.112 seconds with 21 queries.