"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 19, 2024, 09:21:06 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: barter skill and items merchants want to buy  (Read 1336 times)

barter skill and items merchants want to buy
« on: January 22, 2012, 11:28:50 pm »

Ok, so far most of the traders wont buy most of the items I can offer, so I wonder,
if there is some hope in the future for that to change.
Does barter skill determines what items u can sell to some traders?I mean, it might have sense , if you have high barter , to be able to  sell junk to everyone  :)

Kombajn

• Ciśnij pompki, paziu.
Re: barter skill and items merchants want to buy
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 08:43:29 am »

As far as I know traders are interested in a few kinds of items and barter does not have any influence of that.
I.e. Jacob, the trader from Hub will buy and sell only BG and EW weapons and ammo, and ARMORS as well, but do not buy any SG weapons.

Moreover this will be a tragedy if the barter skill/perk will give you an option to trade with everything with ALL of merchants. Just imagine that you wish to buy some EW weapon and every signle trader have only some fruits and tabbaco leaves...

http://www.fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/Merchants

Above you will find the list of merchants that appear in FO World. Just check what they buy/sell and pay a visit to the right one.
Currently retired.
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 08:59:14 am »

I don't know about which merchants buy damaged weapons etc..
But I heard that town rep also effect to items price (along with barter skill)

Kombajn

• Ciśnij pompki, paziu.
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 11:50:47 am »

I don't know about which merchants buy damaged weapons etc..
But I heard that town rep also effect to items price (along with barter skill)

Someone said that the prices did not change since he reached 150% of barter's skill, so I think this is the best to stop on 150%.
Reputation also effects as well - just need to do some quests in cities that you want to trade, some of them are reapetable so it is not so harsh to keep good karma.

AFAIK weapon condition only affects on its price but do not determines if the merchant will buy it or not. Guess when item will be totally broken (beyond repair) the merchant will not pay a cap for it, but who would bought a piece of junk?
Currently retired.

TheGreenHand

• TGHGWC
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 05:08:17 pm »

As far as I know traders are interested in a few kinds of items and barter does not have any influence of that.
I.e. Jacob, the trader from Hub will buy and sell only BG and EW weapons and ammo, and ARMORS as well, but do not buy any SG weapons.

Moreover this will be a tragedy if the barter skill/perk will give you an option to trade with everything with ALL of merchants. Just imagine that you wish to buy some EW weapon and every signle trader have only some fruits and tabbaco leaves...

http://www.fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/Merchants

Above you will find the list of merchants that appear in FO World. Just check what they buy/sell and pay a visit to the right one.
This is probably no longer accurate.  The items vendors buy have been cut down a lot.  Like the VC SG vendor only seems to buy 14mm ammo.  I  beleive that Jacob in the Hub doesn't buy BG or EW anymore, just some armors.
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2012, 08:13:08 pm »

Ok, so far most of the traders wont buy most of the items I can offer, so I wonder,
if there is some hope in the future for that to change.
Does barter skill determines what items u can sell to some traders?I mean, it might have sense , if you have high barter , to be able to  sell junk to everyone  :)

Stop your whining and complaining the barter system is great the way it is.
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2012, 11:14:39 pm »

Stop your whining and complaining the barter system is great the way it is.
The point was not in whining and complaining, but trying to understand the new barter system,
Some traders didnt want to buy items from me, which they had in abundance,
why would some trader have like 500 tobacco leaves, or 100 healing potions, if he didnt bought it from some player....
I tried to understand why he didnt want to buy the same thing from me....
When i talked about hope for some thing to be changed , i was talking about game experience...
if i for instance would improve barter, how would it look like....
So the comment about complaining was really of topic..
This is a free game, and as it is like that....i find suitable to complain only about how other players are using or abusing game and game rules...
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2012, 12:34:25 pm »

Its not problem to have different merchants buying different things. But problem is i walked whole wasteland with 10x m60 and no one wanted to buy em from me. At end i science them.
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2012, 02:36:22 pm »

Its not problem to have different merchants buying different things. But problem is i walked whole wasteland with 10x m60 and no one wanted to buy em from me. At end i science them.
i 've been doing the same thing
though didnt get nothing so far
and my science is 100, i wonder what u get with 150 and dismantle perk...
is it worth it?
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2012, 04:00:56 pm »

Definetly worth it...

On your alt.
Strength through unity,
unity through Faith.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.174 seconds with 22 queries.