"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 04, 2024, 11:44:32 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Companions  (Read 2155 times)

Companions
« on: January 08, 2012, 06:44:38 am »

The wiki says there are people you can meet in bars that can join you and they are more customizable as in give them armour has anyone found one?
Re: Companions
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 06:52:03 am »

I've got one, sadly he is currently dead in what may or may not be a bug with a certain reno family attacking him (will do more testing on that)  The one thing I dislike about him was his main skill is throwing.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 07:33:40 am »

one of my friends found follower with and used P90 :).

But yeah I got one right now, the thing is, once you get tent or hotel or base, you must tell him in dialogue to meet you some place before he dies (afaik i only lost in encounter he never died before).

And yes, most of them all use throwing knives.  But mine is fucking kickass with his so I dont see the problem  :D

(afterall, they can obviously use melee too, and they level up, and aren't ever perm-dead if you do it correctly.  So level him up some and he can use BG or SG in no time  8) )
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 07:52:03 am »

Where do I find one? Please!

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2012, 08:47:54 am »

Where do I find one? Please!
they spawn randomly.  so good luck.  But it's not that hard, just do your business and every once in while check out the bar you will find one eventually.

Okay, follower died by 2 radscorpions in 5 seconds with metal armor on. (i know he had more about 100 HP, and I myself experienced poison is extremely overpowered O.o)

I waited 5 minutes for him to respawn.  he did not.  I got myself killed, and i am at hotel, and he is still not there. so wtf?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 10:39:59 am by Graf »
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2012, 08:56:44 am »

R.I.P Companion

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2012, 08:58:46 am »

he still counts in PPs so There's definitely something wrong here :).
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2012, 09:37:29 am »

Already reported the bug to Wipe, says it is fixed for next update.

Gob

• The Good
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2012, 01:36:32 pm »

Strange I was poisoned myself too but didn't die so fast like you said. The poisoning dissapeared in about 1 minute or less.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2012, 03:58:55 pm »

Damn after I wake up today my partypoints are not used my follower is forever dead DAMMIT@!!! :'(

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2012, 05:47:13 pm »

They should be respawning, obviously still needs fixing :(

Poison is the same as ever, it seems like you die instantly, but its really you reaching some upper threshold after which you get a massive lump of damage.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2012, 06:03:52 pm »

Poison is the same as ever, it seems like you die instantly, but its really you reaching some upper threshold after which you get a massive lump of damage.
No, it is different.  The potency in rad-scorpions has been tripled and the poison after only maybe 3 stings hits you every 2 seconds for a minute it's crazy  :P

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2012, 06:09:53 pm »

Hm, I don't know who would have been playing with poison apart from me. I know I changed nothing.

I shall investigate.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2012, 09:06:13 pm »

Can you find companions in ALL cities?  even unguarded ones?   OR JUST guarded towns.

jodwig

• I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong either
    • After War Mod
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2012, 09:23:10 pm »

If you don't have CH or enough Party Points to recruit companion, will he still give you dialogue about joining you, so when I meet some companion accidently with an alt, I will be able to relog to my main and recruit him?
Only people who are ready to die should be able to kill...

Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 21 queries.