"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 07, 2024, 05:31:17 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Outdoor skill enemy enounters  (Read 928 times)

Outdoor skill enemy enounters
« on: January 29, 2012, 04:48:00 am »

Does having a higher OD skill lessen the amount of encounter total? Or does it allow the option to avoid the encounter more often?

If you think about it from an RolePlay perspective. If you were a hunter you would have a very high OD skill. So with the OD ability would come tracking so you could find animals (encounters) more often than someone without the skill.

I think the OD skill should allow more encounters but with a higher OD skill the more of a chance to select the option to avoid.

solid snake

• Got a smoke?
Re: Outdoor skill enemy enounters
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 05:26:21 am »

i dont understand OD skill or how encountering players works. when i played in real time i never encounter other players. with high OD% its the same. now playing in both modes with under 40% OD i end up in other players' encounters all the time.
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 06:18:34 am »

Well with high OD you get out of the square quicker, when you play only RT you cannot encounter TB, whereas if you play both modes you can encounter either.

ronon dex

• Sateda my planet was destroyed.
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 12:42:15 pm »

Your Outdoorsman skill modifies the chance you have to notice an encounter. Regardless of the skill's %, your chance cannot be higher than 95%.
When you notice an encounter, you will receive xp based on your Outdoorsman skill, the type of terrain you are on, and the difficulty of the encounter.
Then the group leader will be given an option to Enter or avoid an encounter.
Chance that you will notice an encounter is based on:
Terrain type (easy/hard).
Highest Outdoorsman skill in group. (The person/critter will warn the group leader.)
Difficulty of the encounter.

http://fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/Outdoorsman
Sorry, my english is bad.

Wallace

• "Not a bug. It's a feature"
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2012, 12:47:50 pm »

i dont understand OD skill or how encountering players works. when i played in real time i never encounter other players. with high OD% its the same. now playing in both modes with under 40% OD i end up in other players' encounters all the time.

When you have single mode you can only encounter players from that mode and both mode in a "forced" encounter

If you have both you get to see players from RT, TB and BOTH

craft, Craft, CRAFT! (armors)
sometimes repair dismantle stuff
Roleplay!
...and most of all; DEATH TO NERFING!!!

solid snake

• Got a smoke?
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2012, 03:19:20 pm »

i understand how that works. thats why i play in both modes now. the thing i dont like is how having high OD, i rarely ever encounter other players on the world map. yet people seem to drop in my encounters all the time. i assume its because they have low OD.
i agree with OP on this one.
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2012, 03:55:43 pm »

the thing i dont like is how having high OD, i rarely ever encounter other players on the world map.

Its beacuse you are travelling really quick, so efficient time in each square is low, and your final chance of encounter anything is lower. However, i have no idea if your OUT has something to do while engine calculates other players encountering you.

solid snake

• Got a smoke?
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2012, 04:08:46 pm »

Its beacuse you are travelling really quick, so efficient time in each square is low, and your final chance of encounter anything is lower. However, i have no idea if your OUT has something to do while engine calculates other players encountering you.

i always figured thats how it worked. imo it should possibly be reworked because if i want to find people more often then i cant also travel the map faster.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 23 queries.