Home Forum Help Login Register
  • October 06, 2024, 01:29:15 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog

Poll

How do you like post-wipe Town Control/Perm control system

It sucks balls. I'm bored, enough of this shit.
It is great! Everybody likes world map campfest!

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: PvP, Town Control, Perm control  (Read 6976 times)

PvP, Town Control, Perm control
« on: February 16, 2010, 11:22:15 pm »

Firstly, I would like all who don't fight to leave this poll.

Secondly:
As we can see, all massive PvP is now limited by new Town Control system with 24h permanent control, which makes almost all northern towns pretty empty throughout the day and then camped (grid/worldmap) for an hour or so.

My idea how to fix things and encourage PvP and also discourage boring camping for few hours only to get few minutes of fight:
1. Disable perm control, you should be able to capture the town whenever you like (as pre-wipe). 20min capturing seems to be working well, though.
2. Since there are some caps generated at the time the "guarding" team has perm control, divide it by 24 and spawn every hour in the footlocker.

Why limit something when we can have more battles in the north?

PsYcHo

• Something's Moving in the Dark.
Re: PvP, Town Control, Perm control
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 11:38:02 pm »

Fuck the new town control system. all bullshit dont matter what side your on what faction your in its faggot gay shit. first of the system assists only GMT +1 not everyone that plays is fuck that place favoring only GMT+1 users = GAY next the telling people who controls a town tells you why not to go or why to go = GAY people shouldnt know whats going on maybe a notice [A TOWN IS BEING TAKEN OVER] would be better then saying the town or 2 TOWNS ARE BEING TAKEN OVER. or something..... TOwn control now supports people camping on world map like cock sucking mother fuckers kiss my ass if you dont like my wording... Town control should be open more control durring a given day lower the caps being got who cares... at this point its a waste of time knowing in GMT+1 i need allies to control a town because 90% of my guys are off because of the time zone... if you dont agree your GMT+1 and shut the fuck up

towncontrol now it to help fonlines favoratizm to people in that time zone alone.... system was better pre wipe.
Something:
Server:In-Devil-op-ment-
Game Speed:Like Slipknot Reloaded:P
Just For Fun.
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 11:44:08 pm »

True.
Players in GMT+1 timezone have advantage, I wrote about it here: http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=33.0
It was December. Now, 2 months later, devs still don't give a fuck about players being in different timezones.
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 11:45:57 pm »

Agree. Also, the town preview is too abusable, like Dusty said earlier. It should be removed or at least make some cooldown on preview.

PsYcHo

• Something's Moving in the Dark.
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2010, 12:02:37 am »

if it was up to me towncontrol would be perfict but its up to Devs and they dont care about it
Something:
Server:In-Devil-op-ment-
Game Speed:Like Slipknot Reloaded:P
Just For Fun.

Pozzo

• Tim Tom & Ted Lawyer Agency
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2010, 01:38:43 am »

I agree with that...

If we want to make that harder :

- A gang can control a town whenever they want in a day. At the end of the day, we compare how long (in the day) each team had control of the town and then the winner obtain caps (or something else) and the loser...nothing.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2010, 01:41:22 am »

Maybe you should use less words like "gay" and "faggot" if you want that someone takes you serious.

LeMark

• Tim & Tom & Ted Lawyer Agency
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2010, 02:14:44 am »

+1 for Kilgore

Nice_Boat

• I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2010, 10:12:24 am »

Maybe you should use less words like "gay" and "faggot" if you want that someone takes you serious.

Well, the point is that, technically speaking, the current town control system is kind of gay ::)

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2010, 10:17:04 am »

With such a vocabulary and aggressive posts, don't expect devs to bother to read that thread.
Edit : Thread moved, does not look like a faction announcement ;p
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 10:22:39 am by Izual »
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Nice_Boat

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2010, 10:24:15 am »

With such a vocabulary and aggressive posts, don't expect devs to bother to read that thread.

The vocabulary used here is a clear indication of the scale on which this system failed. Being angry doesn't mean you don't have a valid point. For example, if you consider logic:
a) f**k, sh*t, every square is a rectangle, goddammit! is just like
b) every square is a rectangle.

The ammount of negative emotions seen here should actually make the devs take it more seriously.

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2010, 10:28:37 am »

You're on a quite public forum, with rules, that's the main problem of it - and in a society, everyone have to make some efforts to be understandable, unlike Psycho is, for example. If you can't comment Town Control without using "gay" or "faggot", will be hard to bring anyone's attention on it.
Note : This is off-topic, so I just leave the topic like that for now. Back to the topic please )
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2010, 02:32:04 pm »

before wipe Taking town system . NOW =D

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2010, 06:24:50 pm »

The ammount of negative emotions seen here should actually make the devs take it more seriously.

We've been asking for player suggestions for TC for a long time, don't know why you have the impression its not taken seriously :/

Anyway, The problem with allowing control at any time was that there was not much combat going on. Gangs would just go round all the cities claiming them off each other constantly. I agree more windows are needed and that those windows need to be spread equally around the 24 hours though. The intention is there to do this, but not the time.

Perhaps the time should drop from 20 to 15 or 10 mins? Reducing the time you have to camp.

Also, how about giving a bonus to the reward which depends on how many members remain on the map for the entire countdown time?
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

Nice_Boat

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2010, 06:35:59 pm »

We've been asking for player suggestions for TC for a long time, don't know why you have the impression its not taken seriously :/

Anyway, The problem with allowing control at any time was that there was not much combat going on. Gangs would just go round all the cities claiming them off each other constantly. I agree more windows are needed and that those windows need to be spread equally around the 24 hours though. The intention is there to do this, but not the time.

Perhaps the time should drop from 20 to 15 or 10 mins? Reducing the time you have to camp.

Also, how about giving a bonus to the reward which depends on how many members remain on the map for the entire countdown time?

Reducing the time won't help much, people are going in during the final 5 minutes anyway. Making the "windows" smaller (like 30 minutes instead of an hour) and having two rounds for each town (one for GMT+1 and the other one 12 hours later or so) could do the trick. The bonus to the reward actually sounds awesome, but I'd say it should be counted by all the people present in the town for the entire countdown time - it'd make the defenders sort of think twice before shooting anyone they don't know, would count the allies and would give a reward for winning a really huge battle. I think that implementing this idea in a proper manner wouldn't break up the big alliances, but it would make the fighting less tedious and maybe even enjoyable. Or at least worth the wait.
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 25 queries.