"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 29, 2024, 05:58:16 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: Ghost Farm useful like never before  (Read 25455 times)

Josh

• The Armegeddon Arms Co. is temporarily on hiatus
Re: Ghost Farm useful like never before
« Reply #60 on: October 21, 2011, 05:23:18 pm »

It suppose to be tutorial location, so no need to worry about 'different' rules, such as immortal guards.

I have a little idea about Wichura's suggestion. How about, create small pve location there, working like a hinkley. the only differ is, that you fighting against CPU critter. You can easily, and without any stress, learn how to fight in real-time mode, and how different guns working in 'real' fonline life.
maybe it could be like klamath, a field of brahmin and maybe some mantis...
When you hear people talking about the great leader of the Armeggedon Arms Co., there talking about me. On the flip side when you hear them laughing about the Plague who stood next to guard and died or something else like that, that would be my brother Ben.
« Reply #61 on: October 21, 2011, 06:43:09 pm »

You want to help newbies? Shoot them in the face and take their items. That's how they learn best.

Actually he has a strong point.

That is how i learned things and now look at me 2D counter strike fan , i'm proud of myself. ;D

But people should have a choice , play some tutorial and go easy mode or do it the hard way.

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #62 on: October 21, 2011, 07:28:34 pm »

How about, create small pve location there, working like a hinkley. the only differ is, that you fighting against CPU critter. You can easily, and without any stress, learn how to fight in real-time mode, and how different guns working in 'real' fonline life.
And what about XP gained by killing those? No, I think it's way better to haul Mr Newbie on the desert and show him living Wasteland, instead of closed shooting range with lame creatures. Tiger would never become a self-sufficient predator, if you constantly feed him with dead chickens.
Nie biegaj za stadem.

« Reply #63 on: October 21, 2011, 07:41:35 pm »

I agree with it the place shouldn't contain such a zone. Adventure should start in the desert.
One little thing however I would like to add it should be possible to enter the ground place for everyone except those who set as enemies in the terminal entering the underground area should be limited only.

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #64 on: October 21, 2011, 08:00:08 pm »

Well, it's another solution - make ladder unusable for non-members or non-friends, including enemies of course. This still won't help if someone wants to camp the top level, with only one exit grid, also adding direct exit to worldmap from cave and direct enter from worldmap (preview) seems necessary.
Nie biegaj za stadem.

« Reply #65 on: October 21, 2011, 09:01:23 pm »

Well wichura, its your decision of course.

But i remember my first char. I was really happy when get first gun and go on desert. You can imagine result:]
So, place where i can learn how to use gun (i mean, ME, not my char) would be nice. And of course, no exp points, because everything there would be 'fake' (guns, critters etc).

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #66 on: October 21, 2011, 09:20:07 pm »

Wichura, do you have any promise from devs? Or this thread is only empty talking?
So long and THANKS for all the fish!

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
« Reply #67 on: October 21, 2011, 09:30:31 pm »

i think this is a good idea
if you need some help with this give me a message.
Roaming the waste again.

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #68 on: October 21, 2011, 09:32:33 pm »

Wichura, do you have any promise from devs? Or this thread is only empty talking?
I have an answer from scypior so far. They gonna read this thread. Soon.

But if this idea ever has to become reality, it needs to be discussed before.
Nie biegaj za stadem.

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 21, 2011, 11:10:13 pm »

Very interesting idea, but we need more info will this become real or not :<
Devs should say something for this..
« Reply #70 on: October 30, 2011, 01:59:48 pm »

Personnally, i don't think citizenship is a good thing to make the town apolitic.

You could have struggle for leadership, betrayal, spies, gangwar to hold the cave and other stuff.

As i see it :

- Free access to upperground area, with a lot of random spawn point. So there is no camping abuse as you don't know where bluesuits gonna spawn.
- The two access to the underground are guarded by npc who attack those who attack others. No reinforcement, no superguards, but you can see them from afar. So if you don't see them it means the entrances are not safe.
- Generic glowing ghouls during night, who help the guards. (more falloutish)
- When you goes underground, there are doors that you must pass to enter the cave itself. To pass the door, you must give your weapons to the guards. (they will disapear, forever) If you kill the guard, you can't pass the door. (those inside could leave by a red exit)
- If you attack someone inside, you'll be killed and loose 500 reputation. You go under 1000 you will be shot on sight. So there will be no unarmed gang rush. (or less)
- No citizenship, no computer, no faction, no stuff, no ressources, no traders, no containers, no idolated reputation for players. Maybe some homesteader or generic quest guys. So there will be no struggle for the leadership of this place.
- Mini questmap around the ghost farm. (quest given from inside the cave. the reward are never weapons)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 02:15:19 pm by naossano »

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #71 on: October 30, 2011, 02:23:46 pm »

Almost all above sounds exactly as copy of NCR, with reputation, "holster ur weapon!!111" shouting by so called "guards", inability to defend yourself against thieves, trolls, bombers etc. Besides if there's no resources or possibilty to keep your weapon in hands, what's the use of such place? To chit-chat? To "roleplay" the talking mole? Makes no sense.
Nie biegaj za stadem.

« Reply #72 on: October 30, 2011, 05:28:56 pm »

You won't have to defend yourself agains't bomber, as the bomber will stay right in front of the door.
You won't have to defend yourself agains't thieves as you don't bring valuable stuff. (no trader)
You won't have to defend yourself agains't troll as troll do not harm.
You won't have to worry about who's there as there is no reputation or citizenship.

Unless you want an abusable system, or a base for you own, seems the only way to have safe place to meet...
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 05:33:38 pm by naossano »
« Reply #73 on: October 30, 2011, 06:17:17 pm »

Personally I think the player driven npc faction idea is better then making it to hinkly like area sure it would be safe and all but it was planed to be some kind of tutorial area where the new players would be able to get general direction and for that I think the original idea from Wichura is more useful for a place like that.
« Reply #74 on: October 30, 2011, 06:58:46 pm »

The problem is that a player driven faction is highly abusable, and can't be apolitic.
Plus, we already have player driven faction dedicated to help the newcomer. It was WWP. It is BHH. It would be another faction tomorow.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 22 queries.