"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 12:33:42 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: Ghost Farm useful like never before  (Read 27324 times)

Re: Ghost Farm useful like never before
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2011, 10:49:40 pm »

Rather than such tutorial Npcs, surely part of the idea would be that some of the "tutor" players would take a few new guys out to find those fibres etc?

I'm very strongly in support of this idea, by the way.

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2011, 10:52:14 pm »

AFAIK if we speak about basic resources, only junk and flint have to be gathered outside. Fibers, wood, LQ rocks, meat, fruits are already there, it's more than enough for crafting basic stuff for beginners.

Placing quests or profession teachers on Ghost Farm - no, it's not the way to learn people about Wasteland. Quests, professions, HQ resources, glory and fame are all outside, we can only help you to know how to walk for them.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 10:54:46 pm by Wichura »
Nie biegaj za stadem.

« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2011, 11:02:25 pm »

Main problem with noobs in 2238 is that they have whole world from start at hand. And they go like "oh i can go to any city! what do i do there? and what is my goal and purpose?" If all bluesuits would spawn in ghost farm after creating character this suggestion would be good. But if they spawn around the whole wasteland like now, what is the difference from founding standart noob faction and signing noobs in your base?
Kill them all and let the god sort them out.

headshot

• Killian
« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2011, 11:05:13 pm »

OK, maybe this homesteader isn't best idea. But about quests, I'm against the NPC Questgivers, but the "teachers" could give some quest to rookies. Well sounds like Cordon from S.T.A.L.K.E.R. universe. Once again I have to say I'm up for it.

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2011, 11:08:52 pm »

Main problem with noobs in 2238 is that they have whole world from start at hand. And they go like "oh i can go to any city! what do i do there? and what is my goal and purpose?" If all bluesuits would spawn in ghost farm after creating character this suggestion would be good. But if they spawn around the whole wasteland like now, what is the difference from founding standart noob faction and signing noobs in your base?
Interesing idea, but not anyone is interested in having such "tutorials", especially experienced players don't give a crap about some n00bs hidden in underground hole. Still it's worth consideration, maybe as an option while creating a char ("Do you wish to go through Interactive Vault-Tec Tutorial 3000? Yes/No") or short line in spawn dialogue, like "Hey rookie, looks like you could use a help from those freaks living underground near Modoc". Anyone able to read can choose himself then.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 11:11:47 pm by Wichura »
Nie biegaj za stadem.

headshot

• Killian
« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2011, 11:12:32 pm »

We can use this trustful players to be some kind of Slags' messengers in the towns.
"Oh, it's against RP! Slags are supposed to stay underground"
Well, this messengers could be just wastelanders who visited Ghost Farm but aren't Slags and can walk during the day. :)
« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2011, 11:16:36 pm »

Interesing idea, but not anyone is interested in having such "tutorials", especially experienced players don't give a crap about some n00bs hidden in underground hole. Still it's worth consideration.
Well surely it could be arranged so that where you spawn the Ghost farm is nearest place, maybe inside one of the zones surrounding Ghost farm - NW, N, NE, E, SE. Or it might be possible to choose to skip tutorial like in some other games so that you start in one of the existing start locations.

« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2011, 11:19:26 pm »

how about move all those tutorial NPCs there - the ones that give quests like Emma in Boneyard

Move their dialogue there, or the substance of it.

The actual NPCs need an in-game reason to be there.
I wish there were bags, backpacks, etc. in Fonline.

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2011, 12:00:22 am »

NPCs on Ghost Farm are Slags, underground farmers who just live there. Besides the idea is to run the place by players, so I prefer to give people "quests" to f.e. bring me item X in amount Y myself, not by NPC "That Bitch In Dress Near Workbench".

About the Slags in gang meanings - as we read, after wipe there will be some influence fancy feature, allowing to perform Tree Control. I think it's reasonable (dunno about technical issues here) to disable influence for Slags, as they are peaceful community, not blood-thirsty warriors.
Nie biegaj za stadem.

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2011, 04:08:51 am »

Bumped.
Added example picture of preview window.
Nie biegaj za stadem.

« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2011, 07:40:46 am »

There will be an army of immortal AI guards standing near cave's exit? Because if you can enter cave from world map, it means that an army of players with mercs can do it too, of course if they know that guards are killable, even if heavy armed and have alot HP.
I think you can do it without guards, simply non-members or kicked members won't be able to use ladder, so they simply won't get into cave, also when you entering farm, spawn points can be placed through out whole farm, so it'll be almost impossible for PKs to camp there and wait for poor bluesuiters to appear, the same with exit grid, make it at edges of map at all directions, not only at south-west. Without preview, without ability to enter cave directly. Because you'll need to make really many guards immune to all crit effects, alot HP (or even immortal) and with super puper 1-kill always crit weapon. Or only 1 guard with all those abilites, but with infinite APs, so he alone can kill an army before they kill all innocent bluesuiters + while guard(s) are killing one evil guys, some of them could be sneakers who will use that moment to hide in cave and then troll innocent in dark corners! If that place will be really popular for newcomers, then trolling them will be really fun.

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #56 on: October 21, 2011, 10:07:52 am »

1) either gear checking guards or what Id like more entry mode like in hinkley for non-members and a few guards in bot.

2) I think hexes around ghost farm should have increased chance for brahmin encounter, to help newbs set up the first tent

I like your idea, keep it up!
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #57 on: October 21, 2011, 04:00:45 pm »

There will be an army of immortal AI guards standing near cave's exit? Because if you can enter cave from world map, it means that an army of players with mercs can do it too, of course if they know that guards are killable, even if heavy armed and have alot HP.
I don't know a lot about setting AI guards' stats, however I believe it's possible to make them "immortal" or "unkillable". They won't be used to fight anyone (like Tree Control militia or whatever), but only for security vs unwanted visitors.
Nie biegaj za stadem.

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2011, 04:27:10 pm »

Yes, but devs always avoided to use immortal guards - hence the "reinforcements" system in guarded towns. However I doubt any "reinforcement" can come to Ghost Farm if needed...
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer
« Reply #59 on: October 21, 2011, 04:50:58 pm »

It suppose to be tutorial location, so no need to worry about 'different' rules, such as immortal guards.

I have a little idea about Wichura's suggestion. How about, create small pve location there, working like a hinkley. the only differ is, that you fighting against CPU critter. You can easily, and without any stress, learn how to fight in real-time mode, and how different guns working in 'real' fonline life.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 21 queries.