"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 01, 2024, 09:07:25 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Why there are not enough players?  (Read 18013 times)

prowokator

• The Riffs (2009)
Re: Why there are not enough players?
« Reply #60 on: October 20, 2011, 02:41:43 am »

How should I know! How does the 10minute cooldown work when changing between alts now? And if having crazy minmax guys can't be got rid of, change the char creation somehow.. I know it ain't gonna happen but I would guess I'm not alone with my thoughts. How about you get SPECIAL points when you level up/pick perks? Only minor adjustment in the beginning, then later getting perks like "athletic nature" that allows you to raise STR to certain amount in time. Something like that. Could make the game a fair deal more interesting. Now it could just as well be "pick a char you want" and play, something like in TeamFortress.

Kinda off topic:

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #61 on: October 20, 2011, 02:55:58 am »

You might be interested in this, sir.

About limiting alts all has been said already, long long time ago. Still we have like 80 000 characters with average 200 people playing. Something went terribly wrong.
Nie biegaj za stadem.

« Reply #62 on: October 20, 2011, 04:05:08 am »

gotta think about how many new players quit also. this game is very hard to start out...i have a crafter and just made a thief (for encounters not being annoying) and its hard to do anything....need a tent to store things but i cant get any caps to get a tent since all the caps are sucked dry from npcs...and lets face it nobody wants to shovel poop for 2 days
« Reply #63 on: October 20, 2011, 04:30:34 am »

Its more easy to craft BB and sell it that shovel poop.

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #64 on: October 20, 2011, 04:49:58 am »

Didn't you try to hunt brahmins to get hides, instead of buying them?
Nie biegaj za stadem.

« Reply #65 on: October 20, 2011, 05:10:59 am »

So a carebear wasteland where areas containing hig value items/resources should be "safe"?

It is logical that a car source would be camped.

The danger enhances the value. (And realism.)
You want to bring logic into this? Ok fine.  When you have your pack open and are talking to a merchant getting a trade and there are guards around... how is anyone going to get away with stealing?

Also I didn't say it should be safe, but I fail to see how some dweeb camping in a mine to kill blue suits does anything to enhance the game or it's "realism".

Unfortunately the PVPers care only for having more PVP, regardless of "realism" or how many players it brings in or runs out.
« Reply #66 on: October 20, 2011, 05:17:10 am »

Limit alts how?     <----do away with charisma based shopping for one would be a nice start. You have to have a barterer/crafter to supply a pvp character in this game, hands down the game ENCOURAGES alting with nearly everything in it. You have to make SPECIALIZED CHARACTERS for every action really else its an effort in futility Currently you have to have friends online or dual-log to make a shared tent or buy a base( why can't one person have personal place or also the ability to add/remove players from tents). sure making a new tent is possible and easy but if its a shared tent between your teammates then you have to gather all guys online(which could be all day or all week depending on the gang really or leave someone out etc.....)

When i started this game i had no friends for 2-3 months i played a sg crafter with my one lone tent till i made decent friends... Most people aren't going to play with game for more than a week when they can't buy/keep anything for more than few minutes. This game has a huge problem with trying to be hugely mulitplayer without really a ton of things to do as a group of people and just as bad for the single player when their are crappy quests with crappy rewards. The people who play this game consistently destroy the new player base literally, even apk with tc im sure has caused some ragequitting from people dumb enough to go into town during tc actions and lose something valuable to them or something that took them alot of time to acquire.

. Rambling again i guess point is there are problems with the game, NO one really addresses them or fixes them. its like a political party really apk/pk/ + the noobs somewhere in between.
"Everyman is evil yes, everyman's a liar"
« Reply #67 on: October 20, 2011, 05:59:00 am »

I think that every character should begin with a tent in a random place, that would allow them a life a MUCH EASYER for noobs. I remember when i was noob i couldnot gather all the hides, because i always die. I make my first tent with the aid of some guy that giveme for free the hides that i need for making. Too bad that i cant remember his name to say him thx :(.

wally

• HH
« Reply #68 on: October 20, 2011, 06:20:25 am »

Yeah, why can't i buy a damn base and make a map or something that leads there to give it to other people ??? What if i want to be Madmax or Eli, why can't i ? it's cool to encourage players to play together, but FO forces u to do so, lone players have no future, u can't choose, u need other players to do simple things like, get your stuff safe.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 10:04:25 am by Graf »

"Kill the men, rape the women, eat the children!"
« Reply #69 on: October 20, 2011, 06:33:05 am »

Go play Tibia.
What is this obsession with being rude?  Maybe people keep quitting cause there are too many jackasses on here who like being dicks when people disagree with them.  Or heck just being a dick because they like being dicks.
« Reply #70 on: October 20, 2011, 09:12:07 am »

Well at least its not the Wasteland is harsh excuse I find that one real funny cause we have no permanent death so its not harsh at all.
Btw personally I think the problem is that there is no ingame info that the players can get at start. The place to look for how to play is the forum and the wiki which is quite good that exist however ingame tutorial would be nice too, especially if its player driven and goes like this:
http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=18977.0

prowokator

• The Riffs (2009)
« Reply #71 on: October 20, 2011, 11:37:18 am »

You might be interested in this, sir.

About limiting alts all has been said already, long long time ago. Still we have like 80 000 characters with average 200 people playing. Something went terribly wrong.

Yes I am aware this is not a new thing to discuss, I did play 2238 a couple years ago and felt exactly the same as I do now. I am going to keep playing, maybe have a 2 year break again and see if anything has changed..

There is no description of Wasteland 2155 on the forums, hard to tell what it is about.

avv

« Reply #72 on: October 20, 2011, 12:40:58 pm »

Yes I am aware this is not a new thing to discuss, I did play 2238 a couple years ago and felt exactly the same as I do now. I am going to keep playing, maybe have a 2 year break again and see if anything has changed..

There is no description of Wasteland 2155 on the forums, hard to tell what it is about.

Just a protip: it is possible to play a single char and manage. Cha1 pvp char can still farm equipment and sell to shops. If others are using support alts it doesn't affect you in any way when you come face to face with their equal pvp chars in the wasteland.

It's just having alts saves you from asking your pals to help you with everything. You can either have repairer, crafter and lockpick alts or every time ask your pals to help you. If you don't mind returning favours, asking friends is okay but personally I prefer doing things myself. Friends are there to fa you in combat and shoot lucky cripplers in the eyes when you're taking a nap after KO.
Besides, devs have promised that mergning crafter and pvp char will be easier after wipe. No need to take 2 year break again.

btw, The Riffs ftw.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

wally

• HH
« Reply #73 on: October 20, 2011, 03:22:34 pm »

What is this obsession with being rude?  Maybe people keep quitting cause there are too many jackasses on here who like being dicks when people disagree with them.  Or heck just being a dick because they like being dicks.

i'm not being rude, i'm being true...u are not complaining about some malfunction engine or something planned wrong in this game ( war of opinions about TC, Hinkley etc... ). you are pissed cuz u keep getting killed prolly couse u don't know how this game works and cause u are a noob, which everyplayer is in first days. war is Fallout theme, if u disagree come back to Fallout games and listen that man say..."war, war never changes"

"Kill the men, rape the women, eat the children!"

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #74 on: October 20, 2011, 04:37:04 pm »

Oh, I thought you can read. My bad, sorry about that.

war is Fallout theme, if u disagree come back to Fallout games and listen that man say..."war, war never changes"
Right, yet another pew-pew ape that knows only "war never changes" quote, nothing further, and thinks it's all about pew-pew. I strongly recommend you read/listen whole Fallout 1/2 intro, not just picking first sentence as excuse for ape business.

But yeah, playing this alone and/or without alts and mates' support is real butthurt.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 04:42:14 pm by Wichura »
Nie biegaj za stadem.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 22 queries.