"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 20, 2024, 12:13:14 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Why there are not enough players?  (Read 17867 times)

Re: Why there are not enough players?
« Reply #90 on: October 24, 2011, 02:00:38 am »

In my opinion that what is most discouraging is the "balancing" of the game.
And that "balancing" is mostly nerfing... Nerfed/banned perks/traits/weapons(' AP cost)/drugs/CritHits/equipment

My advice is that "balancing" the game would be about upgrading features which require it. Not nerf those features which are solid already!

What ... if it gives you a somewhat balanced game why should you care much how the balance is achieved ? If you will see that drugs give more numbers and you can get 10 10 10 1 8 10 10 character builds and one shot insta pwn avenger minigun , that is balance for you ?

So these are the people who left fonline , kiddies that want more bigger numbers and balance achieved by ridiculous methods , in the end the game transforms into some tla or requiem crap where everyone is running around with fucked up builds , with fucked up game mechanics and everything else.

Features are not being nerfed only to balance the current feature but to make other features more easy to balance , sounds weird but fuck , you understand the point i hope.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 02:06:36 am by T-888 »

Wallace

• "Not a bug. It's a feature"
« Reply #91 on: October 24, 2011, 02:27:51 am »

T-888

I have never ONCE seen your objections on ANY subject being anyhow REASONABLE at all!

Your only method of argumentation on forum is OVER EXAGGERATION and bombarding ideas you don't like

I will not respond to any of your puny provocative delusional posts containing allegedly reasonable point of view (unless it will be unusually more outrageous than usual blather of yours)

Regards

(you edited your post before i finished writing this one and your question seems reasonable enough for getting an answer; HOW do you want to balance features since because of nerfing those features are gone or stunted so much they cannot be the base for upgrading features anymore?)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 02:35:29 am by Wallace »

craft, Craft, CRAFT! (armors)
sometimes repair dismantle stuff
Roleplay!
...and most of all; DEATH TO NERFING!!!
« Reply #92 on: October 24, 2011, 09:12:41 am »

Don't waste your time on T-888, he played this game probably only during this session, yet he knows all about balance, about TC, about PvP, about PvE and whatever comes to your mind. His best idea how to improve the game is to delete all items from the server. Enough said  ;) I'm afraid that he'll now trollrage the shit outta both of us, but don't worry, it's typical.
« Reply #93 on: October 24, 2011, 09:01:55 pm »

Obviously, because he's not able to realize and then accept, that he could be wrong. Regardless, how this concerns (or does not at all) the topic, it's totally true and I like to read his "argumentative" posts. :)
« Reply #94 on: January 23, 2012, 03:35:18 pm »

"Why there are not enough players?"

I havent properly played for a really long time because I'm waiting to see if new players will be given a chance to do more than shovel shit, carry more than a shovel in one hand and a few brahmin hides in the other... I've had 9 hides (no doubt gone with the last wipe) since the last time I played properly which I can't even remember now. I logged in occassionally to see if the local shop has any hides but it never does. Theres never a brahmin for sale either. I think about buying a gun and running through the pickpockets to get out of town and go looking for a brahmin. But getting shot up by a squad of idiots that will shoot and beat the shit out of everything that moves and then losing the 9 skins that I spent ages trying to get stops me. It just makes me turn off the game and play something else. I think its stupid that theres a bank that you can't keep items in and the tents that you have to watch your back before going to is just dumb. I dont like giving off about a game, especially not a free one, being too difficult. But this is unplayable for me and I'm usually a sadist for playing difficult games.
If the next update had all players under lvl 10 rounded up into a brahmin pen (with no gate) shoveling shit and picking each others pockets, while the rest of the players fire miniguns at them, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised...
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 03:37:03 pm by Wobbles84 »
« Reply #95 on: January 23, 2012, 04:58:45 pm »

Why aren't there enough players?
Simple
The game isn't known enough. And the SDK split up the population (don't ask me where I have no idea, altrough i'd love to know about other servers)

How do we fix this? Well you would have to advertise, afcoarse we don't have money for ads. So whats left? yes the players themself. People should introduce Fonline on forums and such. Then help the players from there start up and have fun. And voila you will slowly see the game grow. That's how you do it.

But I think that before such a thing, major bugs need fixing first. Since that's what kills new players more than mauraders.
« Reply #96 on: January 23, 2012, 06:45:26 pm »

To be honest...i doubt it is a matter of publicity and i really dont believe we will ever see the playercounter rise significantly. This game is simply designed for a very special audience. For beginners it is rather hard to make progress and i guess that at least 80% of all new players quit playing the game after one week.

I dont think this is bad at all, because the world ist not that big and i guess 1000+ players would somehow ruin it. Id rather have a small, active community.

If somehow 500 players join the game next week, we can read countless "i got killed again this game is so unfair and shitty" threads on the board.

Some may be tough and overcome the obstacles you face as a beginner and those players are what this game needs. Most don't, can't oder won't...doesn't matter. Most people dont like challenging games. Anything has to be easy "click+pwn". Fonline is not. And its good that it isnt.

« Reply #97 on: January 23, 2012, 08:09:12 pm »

To answer the question why there is not enough players...

Because this game sucks. They added all these stupid buggy changes and it frustrates players into quitting the game. I honestly do not see the point in this game myself with all the bugs and horrible new ideas that are bugged. And the town control sucks and is completely boring and pointless.

pti4ka

• SoT
« Reply #98 on: January 24, 2012, 12:58:23 pm »

Epic posts  :-\

ps. There are enough players.
« Reply #99 on: January 24, 2012, 03:50:43 pm »

I think the biggest problem is not only the amount of new players coming in but them actually staying.
From a new guy perspective the biggest problem is making a tent. Let's remember that new guys are loners because they don't know anybody yet. That's why it is a real pain for them to gather 10 hides for a tent. (remember that they don't know how to play and make a good build). This alone makes them go away. If we could get around that and make it easier for them the chance for them to continue playing would be higher.
I already suggested that every new char should start having his tent somewhere on the map. Make it be in a awkward location but at least he would have a place to store his items. Besides, he would make a new tent anyway because of the far away location of his original tent but at least it would be easier to do it having a place to store items in the first place.

Shangalar

• Dictatorial Tyrant
    • Generation Fallout
« Reply #100 on: January 24, 2012, 05:45:49 pm »

To answer the question why there is not enough players...

Because this game sucks. They added all these stupid buggy changes and it frustrates players into quitting the game. I honestly do not see the point in this game myself with all the bugs and horrible new ideas that are bugged. And the town control sucks and is completely boring and pointless.

Stop complaining the game is good as it is.
« Reply #101 on: January 24, 2012, 05:58:43 pm »

But I think that before such a thing, major bugs need fixing first. Since that's what kills new players more than mauraders.

Indeed, there are 3 things killing the game right now:

1- Heavy Handed
2- Silent Death Bursters
3- Bugged TC (while factions controling towns become richer and richer)

I would honestly suggest new players to wait for those to be fixed, unless they only play in secured cities.
« Reply #102 on: January 24, 2012, 08:09:47 pm »

I think the biggest problem is not only the amount of new players coming in but them actually staying.
From a new guy perspective the biggest problem is making a tent. Let's remember that new guys are loners because they don't know anybody yet. That's why it is a real pain for them to gather 10 hides for a tent. (remember that they don't know how to play and make a good build). This alone makes them go away. If we could get around that and make it easier for them the chance for them to continue playing would be higher.
I already suggested that every new char should start having his tent somewhere on the map. Make it be in a awkward location but at least he would have a place to store his items. Besides, he would make a new tent anyway because of the far away location of his original tent but at least it would be easier to do it having a place to store items in the first place.

I made a great build with high perception that was pretty much from a template. I sat and researched for a few days with the build calculator. I made a few different builds but after a while I settled with one. The whole idea for the character was to avoid others out in the wasteland with perception and outdoorsman which works well. I've still got the word files telling me what train for each lvl up. I think I got to the stage where I could blow away nearly anything with a deagle using small guns skill. I stayed in a high security town and didnt have any problems getting by. It was a frigging nightmare because the inventory was made redundant by pickpockets so I learnt to carry the bare minimum and carried on. no problem.

But then because the brahmin hides are essential for every player, there a friggin nightmare to find. The shops that I seen wheren't being seeded with them. We're told to try and and buy a cow, but the guy would never have any to sell. I even seen players making a fortune off selling overpriced brahmin. I ran about the wilderness for ages, with maxed out outdoorsman, looking for brahmin and got bugger all.
If brahmin hides are made one of the most essential things in the game for player to build a home out of, then you'd think the towns would sort their economics out and have a shit ton more brahmin and hides about. Between no cows and rife stealing a huge part of the games mechanics (any rpg games mechanics of being able to store things) is made almost inaccessable for new players. If unforgiving realism is a factor then why cant we just set up a camp anywhere in the wilderness without hides pretty much like real life??

In STALKER you only need a rucksack to store stuff, that would do me!!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 09:22:43 pm by Wobbles84 »

Reiniat

• Humanhunter
« Reply #103 on: January 24, 2012, 08:59:58 pm »

1.- There are enough players
2.- YES we need more encounter pvp, that is the essence of Fallout, and my only reason to play this game

And Wobbbles84...i dont know what to say... i feel like get 10 brahmin hides is easy, when i was newbie it take me only 30 min to get the 10 hides and im not a good player, i dont spend much time in the game (maybe 4-6 hours every 3 days)
maybe you should search in wiki
or Survival Guides/Game Help section
or you can ask nicely a big guy, there are many good guys out there
you can also ask for help on IRC
you can go MODOC to hunt
you can store the hides in the corner of a city
There are plenty of thing to do, and i think that if someone just can't do it, he must quit the game, but as i've said; its easy.
Current char: Oblivion, Oceansoul, Black Tears

Sorry for my bad english
Quote from: Santa Anna
Any action or inaction in a position of power will always grant you enemies
« Reply #104 on: January 25, 2012, 01:52:46 pm »

I agree we need new quests items and more pvp more importantly but I thing the game is mostly missing a good pvp. Currently the only thing that people does in pvp is bang bang hide use stimpack which is boring after a while when everyybody does the same thing. If the developers  can put duck cover laydown like in the fallout tacktics the pvp would change a lot and much fun, imagine we will be able make special operations to the enemy factions and even city wars would need tactics. it semms the pvp system is too simple easy and boring. some people may play for crafting but majority plays for wars.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 18 queries.