"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 26, 2024, 12:57:32 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: Ghost Farm useful like never before  (Read 25391 times)

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
Ghost Farm useful like never before
« on: October 16, 2011, 09:59:13 pm »

Ghost Farm, small quiet place in the middle of Nowhere. It has almost all basic resources, workbench, still, some containers. And it's empty for most of the time.

We - the Orphanage - are pretty experienced in helping newcomers, hauling them around and so on. How about to start a kindergarten-like "faction", mixed NPC and player-driven one, called Slags? Except some helpful threads and Wikipedia (we all know how up-to-date it is) there is no interactive guide into Wasteland.

What's the deal? All generous people of good will, that want to help new guys, wander around hunting moo-mooz with or without them, have some time and patience to spare - are welcomed. Idea is to run the place by players for players (with a little help of AI guards to prevent trolls and apes), not yet another cave filled with item carpets. Only volunteers, MadMax Wannabes are wanted too. It won't be military faction, able to threat anyone, so fear not.

What needs to be done? Faction terminal down below Ghost Farm, to add people to "Slags" kindergarten. Add some guards, hostile to non-members or non-friends of Slags. Add entrance directly to underground level on preview window. Add exit grid leading to worldmap on underground level.
A picture made by one of my mates:

As you see, it's not much work to do.

Experienced trusted people of 2238 community could be set as important members of this faction, so they can invite/expel people there.

Thoughts? Ways to abuse? Anything?

Map with few simple modifications:
modoc_gstcavenew.fomap

Few rules, gathered from discussion below:
- combined faction NPC-player driven, named The Slags - AI guards, experienced players as important members able to add newcomers as friends of faction
- AI guards hostile to non-members and non-friends - this prevents unwanted visitors, access is possible after being added to faction terminal
- no items storage in the place - people should learn how to get stuff by their own and keep it in their private tents/hideouts
- no quests or profession teachers - it's not fun to play whole game sitting tight underground
- no unique resources, no HQ resources - these are located elsewhere in the world and have nothing to do with beginning stage of game
- no level limit - player may leave Ghost Farm and Slags anytime, but if he wants to stay, he should be able to
- apolitical and independent community - not an army, not TC oriented, PvE > PvP, not interested in making alliances with any force of outside world

Example of preview window:

Entering directly to Cave gonna be deadly for non-members or non-friends of the Slags.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 04:06:13 am by Wichura »
Nie biegaj za stadem.

Josh

• The Armegeddon Arms Co. is temporarily on hiatus
Re: Ghost Farm useful like never before
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 10:12:35 pm »

That is a really good idea, gives new people a place to (hopefully) safely make their basic gear and meet fellow players. Its perfect because brahmins are in that area so people could take noobs out on their first hunts so they can have tents to safely store their items.
When you hear people talking about the great leader of the Armeggedon Arms Co., there talking about me. On the flip side when you hear them laughing about the Plague who stood next to guard and died or something else like that, that would be my brother Ben.

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 10:18:12 pm »

Sounds like a place to gank some more people :-\
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2011, 10:19:26 pm »

How is that?
Nie biegaj za stadem.

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2011, 10:22:42 pm »

Grey Rock Village Redux!

more
RP Mania!
I wish there were bags, backpacks, etc. in Fonline.

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2011, 10:28:10 pm »

We can combine both of these, can't we?
Nie biegaj za stadem.

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2011, 10:34:29 pm »

A South one to compliment the North one?
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2011, 10:35:05 pm »

it's looks very nice, i like it

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2011, 10:37:56 pm »

If there wont be PC supervision and some helpful NPC guards, Izual is pretty right.
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2011, 10:39:17 pm »

Not at first- griefer scum will wait until the village is rich before looting it.

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2011, 10:43:37 pm »

I forgot to mention - no precious items, caps in large amounts or any other "richie richies" will be present there. There can be locked doors with access for important members only, kind of "safe" to keep something valuable, but I don't think it's necessary. It's more reasonable to set a tent nearby and stash private stuff there.
Nie biegaj za stadem.

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2011, 10:46:58 pm »

I forgot to mention - no precious items, caps in large amounts or any other "richie richies" will be present there. There can be locked doors with access for important members only, kind of "safe" to keep something valuable, but I don't think it's necessary. It's more reasonable to set a tent nearby and stash private stuff there.

Locked doors attract Lockpickers and Bombers.

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2011, 10:53:32 pm »

And items stocked somewhere attract thieves and vultures.
That's why both (items and locks) won't be necessary to run this place I think.
Nie biegaj za stadem.

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2011, 10:59:50 pm »

How is that?

It is like this , trolls start counting their bombs and call in other scum , ;D the thing is even if you make it fortified like ncr , it's possible to take the place over anyway some s8 clowns will go there with merceneries and shit :)

So you need those guards to respawn without any delay or they just be immortal one shot sheriffs.

btw nice suggestion
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 11:02:54 pm by T-888 »

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2011, 11:22:52 pm »

Add some guards, hostile to non-members or non-friends of Slags.
So the way I see it, it will be almost impossible to rape and pillage with anonymous alt more than once. Mercenaries at bases are killing unwanted visitors in no time, sometimes it's even faster than map loads. Known, beloved "feature" from merc traps can work here perfectly, I guess.
Nie biegaj za stadem.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 21 queries.