"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 01, 2024, 01:48:22 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog

Poll

How would you like TC to be in the next session?

Remain as it is
- 21 (21.6%)
Removed
- 30 (30.9%)
Changed (please, reply how and why)
- 44 (45.4%)
Other (please, reply)
- 2 (2.1%)

Total Members Voted: 96

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12

Author Topic: TC in the next session  (Read 24194 times)

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
Re: TC in the next session
« Reply #75 on: October 08, 2011, 08:20:21 pm »

TC capturing time windows is good for players with real life. Look at the situation. It is evening, i just came back home from work, school, and i know, that there will be pvp fight at certain hour. So i can prepare for it (ingame and in real life) and i am not disgusted from long hours waiting for nothing. This is amount of time i dont have (and same sort of players with real life duties).

On other way, TC windows needs some other alternative, because TC windows leads to alliances wars. So there should be some other PvP minigame that is aimed for small groups of players. I suggested this before.

To SUPPORT ROLEPLAY in cities, i suggest that city workbenches could grants some benefit for users. It could be multiplied the output from crafting, workbench could add special perk to item, or working on city workbench could reduce the cooldowns for crafting. So players would more stay in cities because of crafting. Also the possesors of TC could more interact with crafters, set them rules, take some percantage from them..
So long and THANKS for all the fish!

Black Key

• Tim & Tom & Ted Lawyer Agency
« Reply #76 on: October 08, 2011, 11:49:30 pm »

TC capturing time windows is good for players with real life...(and same sort of players with real life duties).

Just to let you know that I have a real life, and also duties. The hours of my duties are changing all the time. And like "some" other players, I'm not living in your "Time Windows". So you will surely enjoy it, we will never, just because we are not working at the same hours than you and/or living in your country... Very nice !!!
Justice without force is powerless, force without justice is tyrannical. We are that force, we serve the justice, we are the Lawyers !

Join us !

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #77 on: October 09, 2011, 12:30:46 am »

I also think that "TC capturing time windows sucks !". In real life, if you can attack your ennemy while he's sleeping, you do it, you dont think "Oh no my god ! It's not fair !".

Wasteland is suppose to be worst than real life.

I have not read that pathetic excuse in ages. I'm sorry, but just disregarding any ideas just because you can't have it, without offering any meaningful alternative...
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."
« Reply #78 on: October 09, 2011, 01:32:13 am »

TC capturing time windows is good for players with real life.

Lets say I have no real life... You are a better man then me and you are acomplished, having a real life and all. If I play whole day Fonline and you, having a real life, you only play 2 hours, why should you be compensated for your 2 hours and me be punished for a whole day. If you don't have time to play it's not my fault, so i shouldn't suffer. I am a full FOnliner and you are a casual. Why should the game compensate you in my loss? I had no ideea that TC is made for players with REAL LIFE, i thought is for gamers... If I can play more, I am suposed to win more.

Those of you who think you know everything are annoying to those of us who do!

« Kill the men, rape the women, eat the children! »  Section 8 official motto
« Reply #79 on: October 09, 2011, 05:09:15 am »

Lets say I have no real life... You are a better man then me and you are acomplished, having a real life and all. If I play whole day Fonline and you, having a real life, you only play 2 hours, why should you be compensated for your 2 hours and me be punished for a whole day. If you don't have time to play it's not my fault, so i shouldn't suffer. I am a full FOnliner and you are a casual. Why should the game compensate you in my loss? I had no ideea that TC is made for players with REAL LIFE, i thought is for gamers... If I can play more, I am suposed to win more.

Because they want to have their cake, and eat it too.  Like new players, who want to play online with others but don't want anyone to be mean to them, and when their expectations are not met they cry and whine for someone to "do something" about it.

Town Control is just fine the way it is.  All the sandy vagina's in the room don't really want it to be 'fair' (meaning all things equal, both positives and negatives, for everyone), they want what is best for them.  As it stands right now, it is fair.  Anyone can take a town at any time of day or night, and anyone can lose that town on those same terms. 

Everyone can make all the convoluted arguments that they want, but it all boils down to one thing in the end; instead of finding their own solution, they want the GM's or Devs to wipe their bottoms for them, and protect "their" towns while they are AFK.
Iguana Pete's sister

« Reply #80 on: October 09, 2011, 10:04:28 am »

Town control is absolutely not good as it is. Militia should turn hostile toward anyone who attacks them and should remember him/her till all town militia is killed off. Players should choose what weapon militia will have but not the exact type so if someone choose bg for the guard he/she will get a mini, rocket, m60 or flamer. Militia should be made from locals therefore adding mercenaries or slaves should go. There should be way to hire extra guards but it should be by giving the money to the Mayor of the city and he will contact mercenaries these would be random guys and wouldn't be part of the Militia and their loyalty will lie in the hand of the Faction that have the city. Meaning if ruling faction start killing locals the hired guns will not attack them while militia would.

Towns control should be zoned up for timezones with 8 hours of capture time windows needed because not everyone lives in the same time zone and all should have a chance to have a TC fight with players and not with npcs. If we have timezones like City xy can be captured  form 6:00-14:00 then everyone who wish to have the place can prepare for it. Madoc should be up for 24 hour fun, and depending on the Klamath mine Klamath should be guarded or unguarded city right now the situation that Klamath isn't guarded while the mine is guarded makes it look weird.

Also if town controllers have chars that have - reputation with the city guarding it depending on the number of + reputation guards it should be possible that militia rebel.
Example player A, B, C and D guarding Den
A has rep -450, B has -300, C has 0, D has 250. The end rep of the guards are -500 therefore if someone group tries to attack there should be a random chance that Militia will side with the attackers considering them liberators instead of enemy, this side changing should be for each Militia personally so not all of them will change sides.

The last one is probably real hard to code so it may be best to disregard it for now however I think it would make TC more way more then it is now sure it would be pain for those who go and shoot all but each char is able to leave at least one group out of the shoot them list and have at least neutral reputation with one town.

manero

• FO:Reloaded
« Reply #81 on: October 09, 2011, 11:11:15 am »

TC capturing time windows is good for players with real life.

I wouldnt agree with that. As i remember i couldnt play TC because windows was like 12.00(GMT+1) Gecko(school/work) 15.00 Redding(school/work) Den 20.00(gf) and BH 21.00(gf)... Klamath and Modoc? Who cares...  :D My fav hours for play is 22pm-1am and im sure there will be no TC window on that hour :)
« Reply #82 on: October 09, 2011, 11:39:32 am »

Towns control should be zoned up for timezones with 8 hours of capture time windows needed because not everyone lives in the same time zone and all should have a chance to have a TC fight with players and not with npcs. If we have timezones like City xy can be captured  form 6:00-14:00 then everyone who wish to have the place can prepare for it. Madoc should be up for 24 hour fun, and depending on the Klamath mine Klamath should be guarded or unguarded city right now the situation that Klamath isn't guarded while the mine is guarded makes it look weird.

How's that cake taste?

« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 11:45:43 am by Wind_Drift »
Iguana Pete's sister

Kanly

• The future is today, worry about it tomorrow!
« Reply #83 on: October 09, 2011, 12:53:41 pm »

why not a mix? Window but 4 window each day for each city (for different time zone or different lifestyle)

Gecko    (0.00 - 1.00 )     (6.00 - 7.00)        (12.00 - 13.00)     (18.00 - 19.00)
Modoc   (1.00 - 2.00)      (7.00 - 8.00)        (13.00 - 14.00)     (19.00 - 20.00)
Den       (2.00 - 3.00)      (8.00 - 9.00)       (14.00 - 15.00)     (20.00 - 21.00)
B Hill      (3.00 - 4.00)      (9.00 - 10.00)     (15.00 - 16.00)     (21.00 - 22.00)
Klamath  (4.00 - 5.00)      (10.00 - 11.00)   (16.00 - 17.00)     (22.00 - 23.00)
Redding  (5.00 - 6.00)      (11.00 - 12.00)    (17.00 - 18.00)    (23.00 - 24.00)

So Tc any time but only 4 window to each city

Black Key

« Reply #84 on: October 09, 2011, 04:20:57 pm »

I still don't understand... Why should 66% of the players, who like TC, would not be able to enjoy it 84% of the time.... Anybody should be able to enjoy the game but with your solution...

Moreover, with your planning, most of the french people would never be able to take Gecko or Modoc, except the week-end maybe. Same problem in the other time zones (with other cities). And the worst is that each hour, only one city could be attacked... No suspense at all... All the teams at the same place at the same moment... Absolutly no hope for the small teams... No more tactic... It will be stab, backstab, new backstab... Some big teams will surely camp the city before the beginning of the Window... All the looters of the wasteland will have a good planning: "Ok it's 8PM let's go to Den with my sneak+ratpack"...

And if a big team/alliance born (or if an old and big team come back...), it will be simple: they will dominate the Wasteland and have a very simple planning to follow to keep the control...

IMHO, it's not realistic, unfair, etc... A pure bullshit !

Still IMHO:
- you play when you can (& when you can you play ;) )
- you attack when your friends are ready and when your enemies are here.
- you attack your enemies where they are, and even the server says "TC mode OFF for that city" (we call that PVP).
- you try a TC when you feel like doing that, not when the server says "TC mode ON".

So for me:
- TC windows=more TC & better TC => Wrong
- TC windows=more security & RP => Wrong (Redding this week...)
- TC windows=boredom & less fun or no fun, even for the non-PVP players who would not stress anymore

And still IMHO:
- if you suppress the timer and the militia: longer fights & more fights
- if you suppress the militia: cities more unsafe & cities attacked more often (and even if there is no TC mechanism)
- if you suppress the chest: more insecurity inside & outside the cities

The majority of PVP players enjoy to fight and do not to take control of the cities for the chest/for their ego/their e-penis or whatever. They also, most of the time, don't care if the battle take place in that city or in this one: the PVP players roam over the cities to find an enemy to fight. When the enemy is suppose to control a city, of course they go in that city.

The chest is just a goal. The interresting thing is not to reach it but how you reach it.

So if you suppress/limit the TC with the TC Windows, it will not suppress the gangs, the PVP, the PKers and transform the Wasteland in Disneyland... It will be worst...

And the non-PVP "apes" will quite never meet the PVP "apes"... But it's maybe the goal, split the community in 2 boxes...
Justice without force is powerless, force without justice is tyrannical. We are that force, we serve the justice, we are the Lawyers !

Join us !

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #85 on: October 09, 2011, 05:43:29 pm »

Youre talking like TC is the only thing you can do in Fonline. You still have to gather equipment for those fights, deal with politics and do other related stuff. Heck, I dont even recall Section 8 as a major player in TC.

The rest of you who are complaining about TC windows, realize that you can PvP even without them. Moreover, were trying to find here a compromise and seems like lots of people who experienced TC windows before would like to bring them back with minor adjustmens, so that people from different time zones wont be restricted.
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing

dskpnk

• The Amboy Dukes
« Reply #86 on: October 09, 2011, 06:26:39 pm »

Timezone are bad and so unrealistic ! Killgore gives a rly nice suggestion at the begining of the thread !

Black Key

« Reply #87 on: October 09, 2011, 07:45:34 pm »

What people do in FOnline is not your problem. And if people enjoy to do only TC, it's still not your problem but you should enjoy to be surounded by happy people. If we prefer TC to classical PVP it's also our problem. And I think that all players can give their opinions even if there are not major players... Just because they are part of the majority...

Anyway, you say that WE are trying to find a compromise ? Who ask a compromise ? A compromise between what and what ?

66% of the players enjoy TC in 5 cities and PVP in New Reno. They CAN NOT enjoy it in the other places !

The others enjoy what they want in 8 cities and numerous small places. They CAN ALSO come in the TC cities but yes, it is dangereous. With the help of the TC "apes" they can even enjoy what they want under protection in the TC cities.

But it seems that it's definitly not enough to organize the world championship of hand-to-hand fight...

Anyway if we would be fair, we should give 66% of ALL THE PLACES AND CITIES to the 66% of the players who enjoy TC and PVP...

But no, those TC/PVP monkeys should let each TC city 20 hours daily to the 33% of players who dont care about TC, and enjoy the TC cities only 4 hours per day ? And only WHEN the others agree ?

It is that a compromise ? Are you kidding ??

So let's also setup a RP window in the 8 other cities and the RP players will only be allowed to enjoy their game play 4 times 1 hour per day in each city and let's see what they will say.... And in each of those 8 cities the TC players will play 20 hours per day...
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 07:58:14 pm by Black Key »

Join us !

Kanly

• The future is today, worry about it tomorrow!
« Reply #88 on: October 10, 2011, 01:24:31 am »

My suggestion was a try for a comprimise between 2 different position of member of TC gangs (Lordus and Keigore)
but I admit I dont do TC so probably my idea was not right, would be better if HOW do TC were discussed by the gangs
(but in what give as prize for TC probably there is a little conflict of interest )

If the the gangs need more battlefield I suggest to create a new tribal village (if the map is a problem use the chosen one tribe) , maybe some square away from the chosen one tribe, with another name (I suppose there were other tribe around)
e g : stupid rock village ( with no militia, or only tribal one)

Necropolis too would be a interesting choice (so the bunker base could be more useful to gangs)

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
« Reply #89 on: October 10, 2011, 05:41:52 am »

-Players should remain inside the town map, otherwise control would be changed to None.

-No time window: a "safe" time sounds a bit unfair to me, especially if a faction takes a town just before "the window closes". Also, since the faction would need people inside the map to control the town, time windows would probably be rather useless.

-The town "economy" (TC loot box) depends on what is going on in there: TC loot will decrease if many NPCs and/or players die (factions might not go happy trigger in the towns they control, and they might keep their militia instead of killing them to get better NPCs) and it could ever drop to no loot at all if there is a terrible and long war in there - this includes NPCs and players dying during Town Control fights. I think it'd work against factions' concentration on a single town: if there is too much mess in Redding because all factions want it, there'll be no reward until those factions start fighting over some other town while waiting for the Redding "economy" to get better.

If a faction is able to keep a town for a long time and there aren't many deaths there, the TC loot will increase. Wouldn't be too much because as said they'll always need to have people connected and staying inside the map, so someone else will take the town eventually.

-Accepted gear should match the gear used by factions during TC.

-No "faction X is taking town Y" server message: the only people that will know about the attack would be the attackers themselves, and the defenders (members of the ruling faction will be in the town as already said, so they'll always know if they're being attacked) - other people won't know about the attack unless they are informed by one of the groups which participate in the fight.

-Pip Boy statistics: I used to think the Pip-Boy shouldn't tell you who's controlling each town, but players need to know it from some ingame feature somehow, so it shouldn't be changed. With statistics, if you want to meet members of certain town and you can see they are controlling town X, you'll be able to travel to town X and meet members of that faction.

-About militia and TC zones: I honestly prefer not to give a real suggestion about these, because I am sure they wouldn't be really good ones. I would to see militia with items like Metal Armor and Assault Rifle, Scoped Hunting Rifle, Improved Flamer, M60 as top gear, but like I said I am not sure my suggestions about these elements would be good for gameplay.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 25 queries.