"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 28, 2024, 09:25:47 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog

Poll

How would you like TC to be in the next session?

Remain as it is
- 21 (21.6%)
Removed
- 30 (30.9%)
Changed (please, reply how and why)
- 44 (45.4%)
Other (please, reply)
- 2 (2.1%)

Total Members Voted: 96

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12

Author Topic: TC in the next session  (Read 24149 times)

Re: TC in the next session
« Reply #105 on: October 11, 2011, 12:55:15 pm »

What an interesting statement....
Man, keeping Redding to make it a fortress was not the point of our project, it was to make the town as lively and entertaining as possible.   Cause FOnline is based on a famous C-RPG called Fallout.
Cause you probably don't know, but some players like to do other things than PvP in this game. I even know few guys who never play PvP at all.
Sorry for off-topic.
Kilgore's suggestion is a good basis, simple and effective.
But if there wont be militia players will not be forced to join swarms. And other small gangs could enter the city cuz nobody can stay in town for 24 hours. There will be not situations like one guy throwing rock to everything and PKing by militia. Thrust me I like do something different then PVP.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 01:53:48 pm by Graf »

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #106 on: October 11, 2011, 03:18:47 pm »

If Tree Control revolution is about to come, why not try this to implement?
Nie biegaj za stadem.

avv

« Reply #107 on: October 11, 2011, 03:26:48 pm »

So why not this: Town controling gang would get equal amount of mined resources, caps from quests, harvested stuff that is mined, harvested, traded...  in city during their town control. This would force gangs TO NOT BEHAVE LIKE IDIOTS, but it will grant more interaction among players. I.e. controling gangs could give players share from their income, or they can create some event from anothr source of caps. Or controling gang will prevent other players to bring their own booze, but they can free buy it from city NPC trader,... .

This is it. Defending gang gets bonus tc loot when players do quests and participate in activities in-town.

The thing is: there's hardly any meaningful quests and activities in towns. Nobody showels shit, hauls caravan boxes, gathers low tier stuff or does those npc quests in late-game. After a while everyone has alts with profesions so nobody buys profesions anymore. Towns simply need more activities that are meaningful, fun and profitable. HQ mines and drugstores are basically the only things that attract random people in tc towns.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #108 on: October 11, 2011, 05:32:47 pm »

Avv: Because you can loot enclave vs. brotherhood corpses and sell that broken crap stuff to every NPCs with caps. NPCs should buy only 0 det. without any repair done. This will force people to more craft, more stay in cities, if it would make crafting more easier (bonus for crafting in city workbench, bonus from mining in gecko, broken hills or redding mine, if your gang controls that city, ... ).

City locations should generate stuff or should ease to get stuff you need to pvp in that location. So i.e. Modoc (Klamath) is almost long range, it should be easier to get there long rifles (hunting rigle, sniper rifle,...), ... .
So long and THANKS for all the fish!

maszrum

• Soldiers of Thunderstorm
« Reply #109 on: October 11, 2011, 09:47:41 pm »

all thoes sugestions will change nothing in tc/pvp. sometimes i have feeling we playing totaly different game. dont understand why everyone want to support small factions, for what? that supose be harsh wasteland where only the strongest survive. strongest = more numberous factions, strentht = number. we will be have swarms, alliances anyway.. ist that really bad? its fucking MMO game.

keep going lordus, never give up! ;)
« Reply #110 on: October 11, 2011, 09:56:10 pm »

It is some solution.
« Reply #111 on: October 12, 2011, 08:04:05 am »

Most of the current TC features i don't have a problem with, but i do have three things i'd suggest.

A: The militia all respawns instantly if someone starts the TC timer.
B: The militia remembers people who attacked them and they are added to a list of blacklisted players controllable at the sheriff.
C: Any mercs or slaves added to the militia gain no bonus HP or skills, you shouldn't get an uber army just because you told some normal mercs to guard your holy city (Redding comes to mind) that you just captured.

-Ulrek-

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #112 on: October 12, 2011, 04:59:25 pm »

Maybe it was mentioned here already, but how about add TC to Necropolis (which is dead anyway) and remove it from Klamath (which is dead anyway)? Just to see what's gonna happen. It's beta, you know.
Nie biegaj za stadem.

« Reply #113 on: October 12, 2011, 05:02:08 pm »

Maybe it was mentioned here already, but how about add TC to Necropolis (which is dead anyway) and remove it from Klamath (which is dead anyway)? Just to see what's gonna happen. It's beta, you know.
Nothing?

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #114 on: October 12, 2011, 05:04:52 pm »

Just to see what's gonna happen.

More fuel spent, SEC price increase a bit.
Another question?
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

Heckler Spray

• former Orphans' member, now in TTT Lawyer Agency
« Reply #115 on: October 12, 2011, 07:10:09 pm »

Necropolis has 3 maps, it 's be fun to have a new battlefield but it would have to be modified to fit with the TC requirements.
Blood is thicker than water.
-------------------------------------

"Surf Solars Seal of Awesome" - "Amazing Music Taste" achievments
« Reply #116 on: October 12, 2011, 07:23:38 pm »

Well Klamath definitely needs a change either making it guarded or scrap the guards from its mine its weird now.
About Necropolis well it would be nice to give some life to the place right now not many action happens there making it a tc city would be nice and I have to say it looks more believable then Klamath (I mean Klamath is the home of trappers they should be able to protect the place on the other hand Necropolis is pretty much dead the residents can't really arm themselves so it would be valid that they would accept outsiders as ruling military force in they city)
« Reply #117 on: October 13, 2011, 09:44:42 am »

It's now all a lot of caps. When every caps will need to earn your hands - you will think thrice whether to put the next militia.

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #118 on: October 13, 2011, 12:18:16 pm »

masz: it is not my war, honestly, i dont believe in good TC implementation.

Heckler: I am for Necropolis. It has sewers, it consist of 3 main maps. I think that new TC quality could be bad or good, but adding (or replacing) TC city with new location will 100 percent grant new gameplay. Question is for how long, but still this could be major and only change after wipe in TC.

Jotisz: Adding the guards will not affect the safetyness, look at NCR. It is more dangerous place in wasteland today (thiefs, suicide bombors, lvl 1 one hex bursters,...)
So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #119 on: October 13, 2011, 12:57:27 pm »

+1

Would be good to actually try TC with low tier guns and armors
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 24 queries.