"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 01, 2024, 01:23:54 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Town-dependant TC requirements  (Read 8163 times)

Simms

• Canada!
Town-dependant TC requirements
« on: August 04, 2010, 03:05:52 am »

Well, we've been playing with the renewed TC quite a lot of time, and its strong and weak points seem to be already sorted out quite clearly.
What do the people complain about?

-- Too much time to take the town - one has to camp 25 minutes in the area, it's sometimes good, but sometimes unacceptable;
-- Areas designed to provoke controllers to camp in windowless buildings (remarkable exceptions are Klamath and Den only, but they too have flaws);
-- And probably the most important thing: these requirements, along with gear check, narrowed the circle of TC-participants to a minimum of several large factions. It has become boring to fight same people in the same decorations day after day, and as Lordus has mentioned in his topic - there is no fight that can be worth the time consumed by TC preparations that can last hours.

So, what's the idea?
To make every town differents in terms of control. To make them vary in difficulty to take the town and to hold it. To make TC available for smaller/weaker teams and to keep the thrill and profit for bigger ones.
That's how it may look like:

Klamath
Reqs: Tier 1 gear check, 3 people, armor: CLJ+
Time needed: 4 minutes
Reward: 1500 caps, 100 random ammo, 1-4 jets, 2-6 cigs, 2-6 nuka
Reward respawn time: 30 minutes
Militia: 6 maximum, 50-70hp trappers with 10mm SMG/Pistol/pipe rifles, 75 caps each

Den
Reqs: Tier 1 gear check, 5 people, armor: CLJ+
Time needed: 7 minutes
Reward: 2200 caps, 150 random ammo, 5-10 jets, 2-6 cigs, 1-4 nuka
Reward respawn time: 30 minutes
Militia: 10 maximum, 80-110 hp slavers with shotguns/10mmSMG/Desert Eagle, 130 caps each

Modoc

Reqs: Tier 2 gear check, 5 people, armor: Leather Mk.2+
Time needed: 9 minutes
Reward: 4500 caps, 200 random ammo, 2-6 cigs, 5-10 nuka, 1-10 hides, 1-4 jets
Reward respawn time: 45 minutes
Militia: 10 maximum, 120-180 hp leather-clad hunters with hunting rifles/10mm SMG/FN FAL, 150 caps each

Gecko

Reqs: Tier 2 gear check, 5 people, armor: Leather Mk.2+
Time needed: 12 minutes
Reward: 5500 caps, 300 random ammo, 1-4 cigs, 1-4 nuka, 10-20 refined ore, 1-4 jets
Reward respawn time: 60 minutes
Militia: 12 maximum, 100-160 hp ghouls with AR/Sniper/M3A1, 250 caps each

Redding
Reqs: Tier 3 gear check, 6 people, armor: Metal Mk.2+
Time needed: 17 minutes
Reward: 7000 caps, 500 random ammo, 1-4 cigs, 1-4 nuka, 25-30 refined ore, 1-4 jets, 10-20 Stimpaks, 1-5 Buffout, 1-3 Psycho
Reward respawn time: 70 minutes
Militia: 16 maximum, 180-230 hp mercs with AR/Sniper/LSW/Launcher, 550 caps each

Broken Hills

Reqs: Tier 3 gear check, 8 people, armor: CA+
Time needed: 27 minutes
Reward: 10000 caps, 800 random ammo, 1-4 cigs, 1-4 nuka, 25-30 refined ore, 1-4 jets, 10-20 Stimpaks, 1-5 Buffout, 1-3 Psycho, 1-3 LSWs, 5% chance for loaded Gauss pistol
Reward respawn time: 120 minutes
Militia: 20 maximum, 200-330 hp mercs/supermutants with Minigun/Launcher/Laser Rifle/Plasma Rifle/LSW, 850 caps each

The numbers are the first that came into my head, so that surely doesn't look like a well-balanced variant. Anyway, the aim is to make TC cost/profit ratio acceptable for every sort of gang.
Possible drawbacks:
A case is possible when a tough and numerous gang is holding an "easy" city for long time, disallowing weaker opponents to take their chance. We should think of it, maybe there is some sort of solution - I just hadn't time to think it up myself, so it's up to you...

Thanks for reading, I hope I made it understandable.

Lamar Simms, Canadian Army second-in-command
...and I don't even get paid for it.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
Re: Town-dependant TC requirements
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 03:20:12 am »

I think that the bigger gangs should have to fight like the smaller gangs.

Lets say RDA wanna take Klamath:

The have to wear armor at and below leather armor mk1 to take town.

This will give smaller gangs at least a CHANCE... a CHANCE at least, since those frikkin BAs won't make everyone's bullets fly off.

They could also use lower tier guns, like nothing stronger than a grease gun.

If they go above or too below these requirements the mayor will respond as:

too low requirement:  You guys look like a bunch o' pansy asses, you couldn't kill a damn radscorpion.
over requirement:  Woa dude, if you be representing us n shit you be drawing wwaayyyy to much attention, if anything, your gonna get us all killed, sorry.

Only weapon/armor check though, everything else is ok no matter how much or what kind.

Another problem is there could be three gang members with these requirement while 30 bastards in BA and Avengers wait outside.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 03:23:25 am by Michaelh139 »
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 05:00:26 pm »

I can hardly imagine how that checks could be of any use.

There would have to be mechanism preventing u to bring hordes of high tier equipped, drugged like hell, allies which are formally in other gang to help kill that three naked noobz?

Only making city inacessible with higher tier equip during TC but it would not solve the numbers of allies thing.

Even though i like low tier fights very much they are now enjoyable only on PK hunting runs.
Kill them all and let the god sort them out.
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 02:41:07 am »

How about just limiting 1 city per faction. the big boys could take the easy towns and sit on them if they wanted, but then they cant take the more profitably cities without relinquishing control of the town first.
Main Menu: Shift -> Credits

Ned Logan

• chaotic good/neutral
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 07:20:57 am »

How about just limiting 1 city per faction. the big boys could take the easy towns and sit on them if they wanted, but then they cant take the more profitably cities without relinquishing control of the town first.
This is good idea. Maybe not much would change because of the alliances we have today, but I think it would make things more interesting and better rather then worse...

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2010, 07:30:58 am »

This is good idea. Maybe not much would change because of the alliances we have today, but I think it would make things more interesting and better rather then worse...
It is kind of wierd how the gangs act like conquering dominions rather than "gangs"....
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2010, 10:02:51 am »

I couldnt agree more with the OP. Of course different level of towns would give different rewards so it would be worth to fight for. Hey there could be some TC for bluesuits as well near NCR :p
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2010, 10:12:00 am »

Every change to TC system should improve current system in right time.
Now is right time and this suggestion is very good.
Avatar: Equality of rights for ghouls!
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2010, 10:13:39 am »

I think that the bigger gangs should have to fight like the smaller gangs.

Why ? Bigger gang is always better than smaller gang.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2010, 06:09:04 pm »

Bigger gang = bigger guns = 0% chance of being defeated by smaller gangs = smaller gangs simply being left out of TC again = we're right back where we start :P.

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2010, 12:30:57 am »

Not everyone wants to be in a big gang, using mumble and playing strictly all together the same time. There are good and bad sides about being in big and small gangs. Im sure you played some games and there were many options like 3vs3, 5vs5, deathmatch of FFA ... we dont need to restrict TC for big gangs only, but reverse, more places to fight? More possibilities! Heck Im sure it would be quite fun to watch people PvPing in lvl 1 stuff :D different size groups or even levels or style of the PvP
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 01:07:23 am by kraskish »
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2010, 10:47:20 pm »

Not everyone wants to be in a big gang, using mumble and playing strictly all together the same time. There are good and bad sides about being in big and small gangs. Im sure you played some games and there were many options like 3vs3, 5vs5, deathmatch of FFA ... we dont need to restrict TC for big gangs only, but reverse, more places to fight? More possibilities! Heck Im sure it would be quite fun to watch people PvPing in lvl 1 stuff :D different size groups or even levels or style of the PvP

Ok but in this game you are nothing without gang. You are not some Mad Max, you cant kick everyone.
In wasteland, destroyed land without any goverment big groups of people are Always better than some small gang. You play Fonline 2238 where you are weak without gang. Right now, right here we have this so play with gang or die slowly in wasteland.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2010, 12:31:10 am »

Ok but in this game you are nothing without gang. You are not some Mad Max, you cant kick everyone.
In wasteland, destroyed land without any goverment big groups of people are Always better than some small gang. You play Fonline 2238 where you are weak without gang. Right now, right here we have this so play with gang or die slowly in wasteland.
Big gangs are elitist so not everyone can be in big gang and not everyone can make one themselves.

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2010, 01:53:41 am »

+ 1, TC was created for big, organized gangs that can protect the town
Big gangs are elitist so not everyone can be in big gang and not everyone can make one themselves.
You still have the option to join "alliance" with your own gang
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 01:56:03 am by Sarakin »
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing

Schwartz

• Killed by death.
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2010, 02:47:01 pm »

Awesome idea, with that small gangs will be able to TC too.

Stop always comparing Lemmy to God.
I mean...he's cool & stuff, but he's just not Lemmy.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 3.991 seconds with 21 queries.