"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 07, 2024, 02:55:29 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: toned down crafting system  (Read 4862 times)

jonny rust

• Caravan Dan
Re: toned down crafting system
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2011, 05:02:54 am »

Loooks like something like "I`m wanna be the only one to wear that Bozar/Gauss/YK/SniperRifle/Pankor/Whichever else "best" weapon"
If it`s obtainable by some certian way everyone will have it like they do now.
Else it`s not about a fair game

I actually prefer playing lo-tech and as for fair... well is the waste meant to be fair?

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2011, 10:26:45 am »

One way is to remove crafting at all. So you have to find your gun and rare ammo. Wasteland is tooo safe now that walkspeed changed...
Also encouters have to happen once per 2 to 10 seconds, not something like "I was walking from klemath to Glow and have encountered nothing... Next day I have 10 encounters traveling from Hub to Junktown"

If ammo and weapons will  be rare at all Unarmed/Melee will be usefull.
Again some big factions are making theyr factories or something...
Crafting can be nerfed to just upgrading hunting rifle into scoped one and other same stuff.

jonny rust

• Caravan Dan
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2011, 08:10:42 pm »

One way is to remove crafting at all. So you have to find your gun and rare ammo...
...Crafting can be nerfed to just upgrading hunting rifle into scoped one and other same stuff.

exactly, thats what I'm going for with this. Aside from very low tier weapons players can only upgrade/modify what they find.

Since you can't make a high tier weapon to farm more you will need numbers instead, that means more player coop in PvE.

If ammo and weapons will  be rare at all Unarmed/Melee will be usefull.

A world where everyone has a few points on Unarmed would be nice imo. Its a skill which one would need to fall back regularly in a realistic wasteland.

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2011, 04:27:38 pm »

Good idea, but not for the part of people who like to craft just such a system as it is now. I play on this server mainly because of her. I know the server where the main part of your ideas is realised - TLA. Go there.

Josh

• The Armegeddon Arms Co. is temporarily on hiatus
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2011, 12:28:40 am »

Crafting is awesome, it is a great feeling when you gather a whole bunch of stuff to make some gear for your later travels. Nerf crafting and the only chars that will have INT are sneakers. It will be as bad as CH usage is now.
EDIT: ok sneakers and those who use a few specific combat perks or play medic :P
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 02:58:04 am by Josh »
When you hear people talking about the great leader of the Armeggedon Arms Co., there talking about me. On the flip side when you hear them laughing about the Plague who stood next to guard and died or something else like that, that would be my brother Ben.
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2011, 01:08:42 am »

Crafting is awesome, it is a great feeling when you gather a whole bunch of stuff to make some gear for your later travels. Nerf crafting and the only chars that will have INT are sneakers. It will be as bad as CH usage is now.
http://fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/Bonus_Rate_of_Fire
The only exploit involved abusing your intelligence  ;D

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2011, 01:15:30 am »

http://fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/Bonus_Rate_of_Fire

Perks reworked after wipe, requirement lowered.

Huh, many snipers/energy need those 6 Int to have proper skill. Having good doctor is a great help too.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

Grommok

• Desert Ranger
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2011, 05:55:22 pm »

Even if doctor right now isnt that incredible help. Cause before it's cooldown finishes you will probably explode due to your inability to move, or aim, or throw a grenade.
Quote from: Grommok
Chi si ritira dalla lotta
E' un gran figlio di mignotta!

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2011, 05:57:45 pm »

Even if doctor right now isnt that incredible help. Cause before it's cooldown finishes you will probably explode due to your inability to move, or aim, or throw a grenade.
I was talking about basic doctor skill (90-100), which allow to actually heal your limbs.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

Grommok

• Desert Ranger
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2011, 06:07:37 pm »

Oh. I thought doctor in the middle of the fight ::)
Just a question: doesnt seems strange to you that you can heal your eyes?
Quote from: Grommok
Chi si ritira dalla lotta
E' un gran figlio di mignotta!

Grzesiu

• High Five Critical miss.
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2011, 08:06:35 pm »

Nope :D Its same question, you are dying and with one first aid u are fulyl health ?

jonny rust

• Caravan Dan
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2011, 11:29:47 pm »

ok doctor prof has been mentioned now, this suggestion does not effect doctor craftables. In fact the doctor profession is already sort of in keeping with my suggestion, i.e. you cannot make syringes but need to find or buy them in order to make stims, hence stims are like an upgraded syringe.

@Josh- I'm sorry, I know this suggestion completely undercuts the A.A. Co. and I have a lot of respect for you guys. If it makes you feel better it also undercuts my own future endeavors but I felt that it was still important suggest this as it makes sense to me.   

Josh

• The Armegeddon Arms Co. is temporarily on hiatus
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2011, 12:07:20 am »

@Josh- I'm sorry, I know this suggestion completely undercuts the A.A. Co. and I have a lot of respect for you guys. If it makes you feel better it also undercuts my own future endeavors but I felt that it was still important suggest this as it makes sense to me.
I would be ok with changes to the crafting system if they were for the bettering of the game, but I don't see how anything is to be gained from nerfing the crafting system. Adding and improving stuff is great and that's what they're doing now. But taking stuff away or nerfing it because some demographic of players is unhappy with others crafting instead of scavenging... we all know how great things turn out when one group takes things away from those who are different from them or their ways. I would really hate it if the devs had to remove features because of another front in the fun vs realistic or pure combat vs other bits too wars. Why can't we just leave the current options of both crafting and scavenging for guns or retool it if really needed? That way can just go about our preferred ways and all parties be content.
When you hear people talking about the great leader of the Armeggedon Arms Co., there talking about me. On the flip side when you hear them laughing about the Plague who stood next to guard and died or something else like that, that would be my brother Ben.

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2011, 01:01:09 am »

Just a question: doesnt seems strange to you that you can heal your eyes?
Not any more strange than being able to heal a crippled leg. We are all Fallout Jesus. \o/
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

jonny rust

• Caravan Dan
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2011, 03:20:50 am »

I would be ok with changes to the crafting system if they were for the bettering of the game, but I don't see how anything is to be gained from nerfing the crafting system. Adding and improving stuff is great and that's what they're doing now. But taking stuff away or nerfing it because some demographic of players is unhappy with others crafting instead of scavenging... we all know how great things turn out when one group takes things away from those who are different from them or their ways. I would really hate it if the devs had to remove features because of another front in the fun vs realistic or pure combat vs other bits too wars. Why can't we just leave the current options of both crafting and scavenging for guns or retool it if really needed? That way can just go about our preferred ways and all parties be content.

I get that some people really enjoy crafting while others never bother with it, and I wouldn't want to take something people enjoy doing away from them. However I seriously doubt that this idea will ever get implemented anyway and I didn't even necessarily suggest it so that it would. Besides, the thread has gotten seriously derailed...

I just hope that through discussions here we can refine ideas until we end up with something that works for everyone... and the economy too.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 16 queries.