"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 21, 2024, 09:54:05 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Looking for caps  (Read 23523 times)

Re: Looking for caps
« Reply #60 on: December 17, 2011, 12:07:09 pm »

So you expected server to be wiped after three months of a season?

1st session - 2 weeks
2nd session - 3 months
3rd session - 4 months
4th session - 5 months
5th session - 16 months and rising!
« Reply #61 on: December 17, 2011, 03:39:16 pm »

Numbers don't lie, people ARE leaving 2238, really I expect a much different game after wipe.
« Reply #62 on: December 17, 2011, 03:45:54 pm »

This is truely shame for You Devs 16 months without wipe and more than 8 (!) months without any changelog, You should start to search new people for this, this server had good potential and You seems to be bored at all, maybe think about retire and give access to other people with high skill to be as developer.
Shame for You nothing more to say, so much people got tired of waithing, is it so hard to just fu**ing wipe this  even without any major changes and people get happy and play, You think all wait for revolutioning changes- no, You dont understand something people just need many people playing for more fun with easy rules to get it after some days of playing, now it's like new player play this 1 day and quit,
Really You try to make this game like WoW or something, we dont need it to be like that, we need wasteland and citied full of players, like in 2nd season was i remember well that was so much fun, todays its game for masochists and maximum bored person
Just do the wipe after 3-5 months even You havent finished your changes, it's the easiest way to keep this server alive, You try with 3d models etc, waste of time and money for this, i loved all models with sound and normal kill animations, now rats, deathclaws ithout sound over year, i hate this, for sure 3d wont make this game more fun, the point is across, really best option is to make advertisement on other forums or sites, there is so many fans of fallout 1,2 game, that were always dreaming about playing this game in multiplayer mode, dont believe it's only 200 players from all countries (1 player per 1 country) liked that games
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 03:58:49 pm by iamridge »
« Reply #63 on: December 17, 2011, 05:20:25 pm »

200!? Check server status, 200 players online on 2238 now is almost impossible.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 05:30:33 pm by Graf »

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #64 on: December 17, 2011, 07:51:27 pm »

dont believe it's only 200 players from all countries (1 player per 1 country) liked that games
200 players is called a "peak" nowadays. It used to be 400-600, when I started to spread trolling art in November 2009. This however seems to be desired and expected situation:
Say "hallo" to I don't care. If there would be 0 people playing the game, we would still work on it. Beside this, we aren't a commercial game that needs to have 100k players all the time. So, yeah. I don't give a shit and therefore the numbers aren't an argument.

Something went terribly wrong.
Nie biegaj za stadem.

« Reply #65 on: December 18, 2011, 12:48:12 am »

Say "hallo" to I don't care. If there would be 0 people playing the game, we would still work on it. Beside this, we aren't a commercial game that needs to have 100k players all the time. So, yeah. I don't give a shit and therefore the numbers aren't an argument.

Isn't this a kind of "piss of y'all we don't need you anyway" to the playerbase? What kind of crap is THIS?
Wasteland is a tricky business.

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #66 on: December 18, 2011, 01:04:27 am »

Calm down mister, it's from here. Same old crap about travelling speed, one of the reasons why some people left 2238. Now it's fixed, so travelling is not a butthurt anymore. Fixed after a year or so, but still.
Nie biegaj za stadem.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #67 on: December 18, 2011, 03:54:30 am »

Isn't this a kind of "piss of y'all we don't need you anyway" to the playerbase? What kind of crap is THIS?

This is the sentence 99% of the people bringing in new content willl read. I  don't want to ridicule the work 2238 people do (they are fucking good people, even freinds!) but bringing in new content? It's like to start terraforming on Mars. It's not possible, but will eventually happen. :) I will not lie, 99% of the people of all dialog, quest, map contests so far read this above sentence. Why? I leave this to your imagination.

There were so many people prone to make good stuff, I've seen it. There were so many ridicolous reasons not to take that stuff.....

Still, let me tell you this - it is not the first time I "work" with people on such a project, but here ...
All the Devs are people you always would see as friends. They are all passionate, they take their hobby serious. Still, "they" do some stuff. You whiners always seem to forget that this is not WoW where people are paid, or that there are many people making alternatives to the server here. There is Desert Europe, or Wasteland:2155 never was there an official post from one of the devs that they don't allow ads for their "server" (hell, my project is in signature aswell)    Yet it is called "trolling" when someone here calls criticism. Did you forget that lots of scripts you can now find in the sdk foots on 2238 devs?

No, and thus it all comes back to this. The people I got to know from 2238 I do not want to miss. Ofcourse you all want to have updates, it is only natural. But think of the people behind, this is just a hobby, would you do the same? Those people are cool, hosting servers for your pleasure.....
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 04:19:07 am by Surf »

Senocular

• The Real Roleplayer
« Reply #68 on: December 18, 2011, 04:57:35 am »

I wouldn't call being a jerk on forums "working" on the project.
Favorite forum posters:
Mike Crosser, the underground

Reiniat

• Humanhunter
« Reply #69 on: December 18, 2011, 06:23:42 am »

In my very own opinion i say thanks for devs to make the game as a hobby for themselves.
Hell, is even better for devs to make this game only for themselves, if they would work only for the community the game would be dead by now.

Also i think Lexx was mad when he wrotte that, he didnt choose the right words, but his message is fine (we make this game because we love it, not because of the players), at least for me.
Current char: Oblivion, Oceansoul, Black Tears

Sorry for my bad english
Quote from: Santa Anna
Any action or inaction in a position of power will always grant you enemies

lisac2k

• Rotator
  • Uncle Pyro
« Reply #70 on: December 18, 2011, 12:05:08 pm »

Dear iamridge,

we would love to release new features and add new content (hence, have a wipe) each few months as well. This is, however, not the case. Allow me to illustrate my point in short: only 2 years ago, I had approx. 6-10 hours per day for the development, nowadays no more than a few hours per week. In the very moment we started working on 2238, most of the team was motivated AND had enough time to make a framework for the open beta. However, in the next few months the team members finished their colleges, gotta work, got married, some of us got kids. I suppose most of players have a lot of free time, meaning their day passes slower than, for example, my day. You said there's 16 months since the last wipe? It seems like 16 days to me. Do you understand the issue now?

While there's a lot of motivation to push things forward for the upcoming wipe, there's only a small time window for each of us to do what there's to be done. The team is the way it is, and we work the way we work. Personally, I think it's a phenomena that we, as a team, have been lasting for so long, considering the team has no fundings at all (yes, we do everything for the faint of heart) and other teams (not only FOnline teams, but in general, a lot of game dev and modding teams, even game studios) fall apart and/or close their doors quite often.

I hope you have a better picture of the issue now. And please, don't take a single quote taken out of context so seriously.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 12:07:11 pm by lisac »

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #71 on: December 18, 2011, 01:00:08 pm »

Even Mutants Rising is going to be released. Never give up!
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #72 on: December 18, 2011, 01:05:05 pm »

Progress would have been much faster if we had limited each session to 2 weeks playing time, after which we would have collected all the feedback and the server just came down and the forums and our IRC were closed.

Way too much time gets spent on various melodramas and unfortunately a good percentage of community involvement is demotivational.

However, I'm pleased we have done it the way we have. Instead of being further ahead in development we have had 2+ years of the game living and our own mini community existing.

Before we started it seemed like we would have had 100 players at peak, to have that number this far in and 8 months since even the slightest update still seems weird to me.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

Johnny Nuclear

• Rotator
  • hrmm
« Reply #73 on: December 18, 2011, 02:32:43 pm »

Dear iamridge,

we would love to release new features and add new content (hence, have a wipe) each few months as well. This is, however, not the case. Allow me to illustrate my point in short: only 2 years ago, I had approx. 6-10 hours per day for the development, nowadays no more than a few hours per week. In the very moment we started working on 2238, most of the team was motivated AND had enough time to make a framework for the open beta. However, in the next few months the team members finished their colleges, gotta work, got married, some of us got kids. I suppose most of players have a lot of free time, meaning their day passes slower than, for example, my day. You said there's 16 months since the last wipe? It seems like 16 days to me. Do you understand the issue now?

If you don't have much time, simply take more people.

Surf is right.
Honestly great job you guys did here.
I think just slight change in Devs attitude could help a lot to this project.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 05:38:42 pm by Johnny Nuclear »
Rockwell gold card owner.
« Reply #74 on: December 18, 2011, 05:43:10 pm »

Okay, thanks for clarification, i think i overreacted.
I apologise.
Wasteland is a tricky business.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 22 queries.