"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 04, 2024, 09:42:20 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Looking for caps  (Read 21980 times)

Marko

• Treeman say map unsafe.
    • Updating the 2238 wiki
Re: Looking for caps
« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2011, 11:22:55 am »

Delaying wipe is good. It filters out the spoiled whiners from those of us who truly appreciate the game. So take your time, devs! I hope it's not until at least Spring. I for one don't mind at all, and i look forward to more jerks quitting and leaving a higher ratio of the rest of us.

Meanwhile we're not paying for this game, people. So the devs cannot be held to any deadlines. Put more directly: the devs are not obligated to meet any deadlines. When they say "soon", that's the shortest way to say "stop asking". I mean really, we don't deserve to know anything about the development. We should be thankful this game exists, thankful there even is a dev blog, thankful there is a forum, thankful thankful thankful.

To my fellow appreciatives: hang in there and keep enduring all the childish complaining - the longer we endure it, the higher will be the appreciative-to-complainer ratio later. And to the whiners...i hear there is a nice Hello Kitty game out there. If you play it and you miss Fallout, then maybe submit a suggestion there to have Hello Kitty Rocket Launchers added or some such.
Be patient with me. I'm from the USA so my English isn't very good.

Bartosz

• Rotator
  • There'd better be a killer reason...
« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2011, 12:23:22 pm »

Meanwhile we're not paying for this game, people. So the devs cannot be held to any deadlines. Put more directly: the devs are not obligated to meet any deadlines. When they say "soon", that's the shortest way to say "stop asking". I mean really, we don't deserve to know anything about the development. We should be thankful this game exists, thankful there even is a dev blog, thankful there is a forum, thankful thankful thankful.

To clarify a bit more, it's not like someone does not deserve something, those are a bit harsh words and I know many will object. Information about development is entirely different issue than abiding to deadlines.
« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2011, 12:39:42 pm »

but all we want to know is when will be wipe...sooner than soon was hmmm 3months ago?;]
« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2011, 01:03:50 pm »

but all we want to know is when will be wipe...sooner than soon was hmmm 3months ago?;]

I can give you a countdown , when pretty much all the CBT bugs are fixed along with minor changes , then you can hope one of the developers will announce wipe officially , now wait because it's soon ..... ummm close. :)
« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2011, 01:15:33 pm »

I for one wouldn't mind if it wasn't until next spring, if I knew that for definite then I would be able to enjoy the game more now instead of thinking there's no point working at my character as they could be gone tomorrow.
This is my first season on FOnline, I'm hoping to enjoy the next even more.

I love this game and I'm thankful to the Devs for all their hard work.
If I ever win the Euro-millions lottery I will donate heavily.

Marko

• Treeman say map unsafe.
    • Updating the 2238 wiki
« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2011, 01:50:24 pm »

No really, we don't deserve it. If we deserved it, it would mean we have some "right" to it. We have no such rights. This game is not ours. It is yours - you devs own it and we don't. We pay nothing. A few donate, but only the dev team pays for it so we "deserve" nothing. We should all be thankful it's even here.

Furthermore, if you ask someone a question, and they don't know the exact answer, then that's tough. Take it. Take "soon", use your brain, and realize they don't know yet exactly. How in the world is a development team supposed to know a month in advance exactly when wipe will be while they are still making changes? During that month, more changes come up. "Soon" is the exact right answer and they keep giving it to us so stop asking. It's just soon! You whiners are insanely demanding. How 'bout take some programming classes, learn to code, and build your own ding-dang game. Then deal with the spoiled brats complaining on your forum.
Be patient with me. I'm from the USA so my English isn't very good.
« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2011, 02:44:31 pm »

Got good news (depending on what you've expected):

We've extended the rental period for next 3 months, got ~9e left, let's enjoy it a bit more and hope for a wipe!
So, now we know that wipe will be in 3 months, right?

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #52 on: December 13, 2011, 02:47:53 pm »

So, now we know that wipe will be in 3 months, right?
We do?
Nie biegaj za stadem.

« Reply #53 on: December 15, 2011, 03:52:26 pm »

Wipe is taking so long, people are leaving 2238 and playing games like TLAmk2, which by the way is better and has a bigger player base, but it's simply too much russians, so people just stop playing FOnline and go play another game, come on, I know new features are hard to implement, but I am sure that the devs aren't employing 100% of their time in it, because devs have a life too, they aren't bots, so could you all stop complaining about it and forget the word "Wipe" for a month or two, because the more we complain here the longer the devs will take to...wipe.
« Reply #54 on: December 15, 2011, 05:03:42 pm »

well i dont mind waiting for wipe but its nice to know how long
make fun .. not harsh
« Reply #55 on: December 15, 2011, 06:00:46 pm »

Wipe is taking so long, people are leaving 2238 and playing games like TLAmk2, which by the way is better and has a bigger player base, but it's simply too much russians, so people just stop playing FOnline and go play another game, come on, I know new features are hard to implement, but I am sure that the devs aren't employing 100% of their time in it, because devs have a life too, they aren't bots, so could you all stop complaining about it and forget the word "Wipe" for a month or two, because the more we complain here the longer the devs will take to...wipe.

Dunno how you but i am waiting for one single wipe more than year... so yeah, thats it. Wipe just could be earlier, even without any update.
Avatar: Equality of rights for ghouls!

Senocular

• The Real Roleplayer
« Reply #56 on: December 16, 2011, 10:32:20 am »

Delaying wipe is good. It filters out the spoiled whiners from those of us who truly appreciate the game. So take your time, devs! I hope it's not until at least Spring. I for one don't mind at all, and i look forward to more jerks quitting and leaving a higher ratio of the rest of us.

To my fellow appreciatives: hang in there and keep enduring all the childish complaining - the longer we endure it, the higher will be the appreciative-to-complainer ratio later. And to the whiners...i hear there is a nice Hello Kitty game out there. If you play it and you miss Fallout, then maybe submit a suggestion there to have Hello Kitty Rocket Launchers added or some such.
I can't count how many times I heard that I'm only devs' little slave. I'm on their mercy, God I'm so thankful for not wiping the server yet! :D
Favorite forum posters:
Mike Crosser, the underground
« Reply #57 on: December 16, 2011, 02:12:29 pm »

Dunno how you but i am waiting for one single wipe more than year... so yeah, thats it. Wipe just could be earlier, even without any update.
So you expected server to be wiped after three months of a season?

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #58 on: December 16, 2011, 02:48:28 pm »

So you expected server to be wiped after three months of a season?
Yes. That was often the shedule before that era ;p
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !
« Reply #59 on: December 16, 2011, 06:01:23 pm »

It's really grim , quick someone do something ( praying ) ! :)

Developers must do some magic if they don't want to work like slaves , i'm just saying.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 06:09:27 pm by T-888 »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 16 queries.