"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 29, 2024, 02:48:14 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: No eyeshots on knocked out chars  (Read 12054 times)

Re: No eyeshots on knocked out chars
« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2011, 01:15:13 am »

but still gives room for anti crit perks and doesnt totally kill snipers

Quick Recovery            Effects of Knockout/down/lost turn are reduced to 1/3rd
Tree Trunk Thighs            En-5 Roll to ignore Leg Cripples
Stonewall            En Roll to ignore knockout, En-5 roll to ignore knockdown
Iron Grip            Str Roll to ignore Arm Cripple, Str-5 roll to ignore Weapon Drop
Man of Steel            Gives -10 on the critical table to hits targetting you

yeah, snipers will be just fine... against NPC's. actually i've heard a very interesting ideea tonight. you already ultra-mega-uber increased the bg's chances to win a fight against a sg. what about rushing a sg with a minigun or a rocket launcher!? wanna keep things fair? a guy with a mini or a RL could never run, try to implement that. also rocket launcher not only has knock down or knock outs it also affect more players within range. a sniper shoot costs 9 ap. it only affects one player and it only is usefull if it's a knock out/blinded shoot. a rocket will affect a group of players and if it is a crit will do serious damage (also knock out), why is it just 7 AP???

but let's just nerf snipers, they are much too good.
Those of you who think you know everything are annoying to those of us who do!

« Kill the men, rape the women, eat the children! »  Section 8 official motto

Rascal

• FOnline2!
« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2011, 01:59:59 am »

zuhardu ur problem is that u dont play tc and thats why u dont know that this session = nerfed BG, imba snipers
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 02:05:36 am by Rascal »
« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2011, 02:21:58 am »

Yes, everyone knows TC is the only reason to play FOnline, and everything should be balanced for TC nothing else matters... Can we just remove TB all together?

TC is such a joke, no faction TC's by itself, all just mega-alliances.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 08:04:51 am by Graf »

Rascal

• FOnline2!
« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2011, 02:33:27 am »

i love turn base pvp but if we are talking about it then sg chars (cripplers) are not used to generate dmg but to eliminate enemies from game (cripples). About tc, current system suxx but domination mode looks very prommising. And in general PvP is almost only reason to play this server for most of the players. And yes balance should be measured mostly for tc its faction mode remember that.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 02:36:43 am by Rascal »
« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2011, 10:17:32 am »

I also agree that snipers are better than bg's this wipe, I am just saying that the changes seem to drastic.
Those of you who think you know everything are annoying to those of us who do!

« Kill the men, rape the women, eat the children! »  Section 8 official motto

Rascal

• FOnline2!
« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2011, 10:58:02 am »

I think that all those anti crit perk gona be as much valuable as stoneLOL is now :P
From the other point of view who is gona take(*cough* waste...) like 5 perks to get some complex anti crit protection ? That char would be like a retard with no offenisve value :P If sniper rifle dmg output gona be rised so much im rather afraid shots like 150-200dmg from 50 hex next session :P

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2011, 12:04:22 pm »

I would put a Ch check in there somewhere if it made any sense at all
No thanks, that stat simply sucks in multiplayer game(s).
However if you want a pointer it could've be some kind of "shame to hit" perk, which would make little sense without Karma system.
but still gives room for anti crit perks and doesnt totally kill snipers
Yes it will work as long as there are damage oriented perks that are not that much marginal.

As for those, they'd totally rock with current perks - you'd probably spend at least 2 more criticals to get some leg and arms crits - yet exact same amount would bring quite serious defense compared to base.

I don't remmember from head, but I think crit bonus to leg/arms was 25%, with 10 luck it'd be like 35% and extra 10% would be only like 28% increase, compared to 50% resistance from those perks.
However that'd assume damage perks being exactly the same which is not going to happen :).

I'd just wait for weapon stats before comparing single shots and burst after the update.
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2011, 01:05:43 pm »

No thanks, that stat simply sucks in multiplayer game(s).
However if you want a pointer it could've be some kind of "shame to hit" perk, which would make little sense without Karma system.

I was only joking ;)
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2011, 01:36:58 pm »

I would put a Ch check in there somewhere if it made any sense at all ;)
Suicide prompting. If successful charisma roll - enemy cuts his veins. ;D

I totally agree with aForcefulThrust. I hope you realize that many people tend to play in TB and these anti-crit perks (however, not many will find "a place" to use them) + nerfing critical chances + ST for weapon drop (BGs tend to have high ST anyway) are good changes to BGs and really bad news to snipers.
Higher dmg is the only thing that SG can get and actually 150-200 isn't enough to kill a BG.

It is way easier to MAKE a two burst BG than 2 shot sniper. BG with two bursts easily OWNS 2 shot sniper. You should nerf BGs somehow if all these changes will be implemented. Idea to make them impossible to run seems rational to me.

Or, that's the idea I will force to an end - raise APs for using heavy weapons, so that there are no drug-free 2 bursts BGs. It would lead to a situation when a one shot burster meets sniper with one shot or 2 shot crippler (with f.e. 14mm pistol). Sounds ok, cuz sniper doesn't have one chance before BG smashes him with 90dmg x2, but actually his chances are raised.
Game would be more tactical, at the moment if a sniper resps in the middle near BG his first shot NEEDS to be a blind/KO one, otherwise - he's dead (crippling one arm is not a good choice really, cuz there is a lot of hybrids like 220%BG/150%SG). That sucks.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 01:45:06 pm by BadBoy. »

Andr3aZ

• Endless forum lurker
« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2011, 01:56:16 pm »

Anything that prevents oneshots or twoshots is a good suggestion and this suggestion makes perfect sense and is thought out well so thumps up!

DocAN.

• Testing FO: Reloaded
« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2011, 02:28:12 pm »

It is way easier to MAKE a two burst BG than 2 shot sniper. BG with two bursts easily OWNS 2 shot sniper. You should nerf BGs somehow if all these changes will be implemented. Idea to make them impossible to run seems rational to me.

Use Gauss Pistol and stop crying about BG!
FOnline: Reloaded - Post apocalyptic mmorpg
« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2011, 02:43:28 pm »

@DocAN.
I can provide you thousands of LSWs before you get me a Gauss Pistol. Btw, I would loose anyway when fighting against overpowered 2 BG burst build (i have such build), so keep your mouth closed, BG-lover, please.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 02:46:09 pm by BadBoy. »

Doctor Eex

• TEE Hive Father
« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2011, 02:45:55 pm »

Good anti-bg char make 3 shots aiming hands and can live after 2 bursts.
« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2011, 02:49:13 pm »

Such character is only to fight BGs, really. It's not a marksman, but crippler. And any marksman or pistolero can own such crippler.
I'm talking about how not to make snipers useless, not how to kill a BG.

DocAN.

• Testing FO: Reloaded
« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2011, 03:46:56 pm »

@DocAN.
Btw, I would loose anyway when fighting against overpowered 2 BG burst build (i have such build), so keep your mouth closed, BG-lover, please.

This mean that you are weak in pvp... keep practice!

Gauss in proper hands is IMBA gun.

Gauss rng 50 hex / dmg on max distance ~100+ per shot(eye)
Avenger rng 35 hex / dmg on max distance ~60

I wish You luck when You will try to rush Gauss dude.
FOnline: Reloaded - Post apocalyptic mmorpg
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 21 queries.