"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 28, 2024, 11:53:07 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog

Poll

Do you want to be able to drive your car inside city and encounter's ?

Yes, I want
Nope O_o

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Drivable cars in city/encounters  (Read 3692 times)

wreese2u

• Been walking these streets since last night...
Re: Drivable cars in city/encounters
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2011, 03:56:54 pm »

Nope O_o
Waste of time for somthing that does not need to be in the game...
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2011, 06:24:34 pm »

Yes, you can't loot the dead. And no, it won't look worser than any encounter. And isn't the travelling alone a "super annoying minigame", watching the small cross slowly crawling along the map?

In this case, grab a gun and walk, kill things. When you drive a car, you will at least have this imitation of driving. On the worldmap, while even in Tactics, driving was restricted to cities. And where do you want to drive, inmidst the mayhem of PvP or NCR Bazaar? Nope.

100% Death. Yes. Driving is dangerous, so you'll need a good driver and some people with guns to fend off the pests. A team. But hey, you're a faster and louder target in Wasteland and you have some more thrill.

And, what technical difficulties is a very interesting point. What problems would you expect? No, really. If you don't want it in 2238, no probs, maybe someone else want it.
I'm just interested in your point of view as a developer.
Would it be really easier to take the Tactics driving system, with all those collision data, multiple hex movement all over the map, animations and huge turning radii of vehicles? Not to forget the frames, unless you want 3d Hummers.

The advantage of my idea IS the "railroad trip", with the freedom on X and Y axis and you CAN escape but you can CHOOSE to fight.
So what if it looks like a minigame? So it's the minigame then, like mining, crafting or playing slaver. I suggested the most easy approach with most gaming freedom.
Wasteland is a tricky business.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2011, 08:01:54 pm »

I suggested the most easy approach with most gaming freedom.

How is being caught in a minigame you can't escape and only being able to move on a few axises "freedom", especially compared to the rest of the game?
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2011, 08:31:17 pm »

How is being caught in a minigame you can't escape and only being able to move on a few axises "freedom", especially compared to the rest of the game?

Then, the driver is a part of the car, with Action Points. They can be spent to move the car to the SouthWest, to the escape area, or, to the Raiders in the NorthEast, so his passengers can shoot them.
The car can move those two directions, or, change between three lanes, which consumes APs, too.

It seems, sometimes, we both can't pay attention to written stuff, Surf.
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2011, 08:45:54 pm »

YO YO, I WANT THEM DRIVEABLE CARS IN CITIES BECAUSE I WANT TO DO GANGSTA GANGSTA DAWG DRIVE BYS TO PEOPLE OF RIVAL HOOD

picture related
its me and my hood
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 08:49:59 pm by Quentin Lang »
I give a fuck.
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2011, 11:06:32 am »

>>YO YO, I WANT THEM DRIVEABLE CARS IN CITIES BECAUSE I WANT TO DO GANGSTA GANGSTA DAWG DRIVE BYS TO PEOPLE OF RIVAL HOOD

Hello, Quentin!
Bring in more raeg, so someone can have a reason to lock oh-so-hated thread, 'cuz i left him speechless. ;D

And for now, my idea rocks, that's why you should implement it, haha!
Oh come on, do you really think it gets implemented, here, on 2238?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 11:08:57 am by Lizard »

Andr3aZ

• Endless forum lurker
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2011, 01:14:47 pm »

Reason why a suggestion doesn't get implemented:

- The game staff doesn't like it. Be it whatever reason.
- It's technically not possible.
- It's too much work to be profitable for the game.
- It has much less use than other suggestions and the game staff rather works on those promising suggested features.

Reason why people rage about those reasons:

- They feel belittled by the game staff.
- They don't understand the game mechanics or general software development.
- They are mad that their idea is not implemented even if it is kinda good, but don't understand the amount of work that needs to be done to implement it.
- They are jealous at other suggestions and feel like the game stuff don't like them personally and therefore not using their idea.

I have seen much suggestion-threads and every time when a staff member answered with denial the OP is mad in 75 % of all cases. I know Lexx and Surf can write hard critic sometimes that easily reads like they are mocking you, but it's honest critic and that counts much more than anything. So don't take it personally. The reasons are there and logical and you should take it like a professional and think more about the game we all like to play and wanna have fun with it instead of placing your own interest infront of everybody else.

Grommok

• Desert Ranger
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2011, 07:30:28 pm »

Andr3aZ's right. I think this one is a mix between
- It's technically not possible.
and
- It's too much work to be profitable for the game.
Quote from: Grommok
Chi si ritira dalla lotta
E' un gran figlio di mignotta!

Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2011, 08:05:54 pm »

Andr3aZ, you're right in general, but it's wrong to say that's it isn't possible to implement this suggestion. It is possible, because one of the Fonline (which is under development still) servers already have such feature. Don't want to advertise it here, so if you want a link to it - you can PM me.

Senocular

• The Real Roleplayer
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2011, 09:10:43 pm »

You forgot one reason. "It's hardcoded". So the only person able to do it would be Cvet himself.
Favorite forum posters:
Mike Crosser, the underground

Andr3aZ

• Endless forum lurker
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2011, 10:14:23 am »

Graf, I didn't really know about the possibilty to implement the feature suggested in this thread. I just wanted to make a general statement about suggestions and their possibilities, as the discussion here moved towards the usual fighting.
Interesting to hear about some Fonline-Server got something like that running.

Senocular, Yes thats true, goes partly under "technically not possible" though.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 26 queries.