"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 26, 2024, 07:39:29 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: No eyeshots on knocked out chars  (Read 12027 times)

avv

No eyeshots on knocked out chars
« on: June 22, 2011, 04:09:08 pm »

Wipe brings more features but this will unlikely change:

When someone gets eyeshot and knockout, he falls eyes towards the enemy and will likely get a set of devastating eyeshots in row afterwards. I think it's a bit over the top considering the guy can't move and if he gets another eyeshot quickly after the first his friends can't even heal him before he dies. For example two good eyecrits from sniper/laser/plasma/223 pistol are all over 200hp.

So my suggestion is that knocked out chars can only receive aimed limb or torso shots. Maybe headshots too. Only way to head/eyeshot him would be to move to 3 hex or closer to him.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Surf

• это моё.
Re: No eyeshots on knocked out chars
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 04:14:57 pm »

Good idea.

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 04:25:54 pm »

Indeed, I like it too
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing

Rascal

• FOnline2!
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 04:54:42 pm »

good idea.

wreese2u

• Been walking these streets since last night...
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 04:57:50 pm »

What if they fall backwards and eyes exposed?

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2011, 05:04:05 pm »

No. The game needs Tactics cover system, not random stuff because something deems unfair.

Making it safe to move in range and field of view would just make fog of war useless and fighting would be about random generators and not people.
Not to mention aiming is silly anyway, since there's little reason for people without >20% crit to attack anything else than eyes. This should be changed - like possibility of crippling/stunning without criticals or doing better damage without effect on criticals.
Also I still hope the game will ever be possible without action points in RT and things like aiming time would ever be visible. (eg. 7AP shot would take nearly twice as much time as 3AP shot to go off) So that it makes sense to have various AP costs.
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."

avv

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2011, 05:47:24 pm »

No. The game needs Tactics cover system, not random stuff because something deems unfair.

Harder to make since mappers would have to re-map every location and add more barrels, cars, rocks and fences. Besides, this suggestion is compatible with tactics cover system.

Making it safe to move in range and field of view would just make fog of war useless and fighting would be about random generators and not people.

Now I don't quite follow you.

Not to mention aiming is silly anyway, since there's little reason for people without >20% crit to attack anything else than eyes. This should be changed - like possibility of crippling/stunning without criticals or doing better damage without effect on criticals.

I agree but if eyeshots were disabled until 3hex distance on ko'd enemy combat would go like this: 1vs1 the one who ko'd the enemy would either have to go near him for max damage or try to shoot many torsohits or cripples. If it was big fight, the sniper would just try to ko another guy instead of eyespamming the already ko'd enemy.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2011, 06:42:55 pm »

Now I don't quite follow you.
If you do not take eyeshots while KO, you'd have to take multiple good crits before it to really die.
That way people would have much less reasons to worry about moving into line of snipers ultimately favouring fast rushes than any further planning.
We already know that crippling and even aiming eyes will be much bigger deal after update, there's little need to suggest making it even less threat as it is now.
Because there's no way we'd get anything from tactics any time soon if ever, it'd be still wiser to update maps with some more props to cover people than just making whole danger of dying at range more marginal.

I personaly do not play or ever tried to play any character that can use sniper rifle or gauss pistol, but I always liked the idea of killing fields where you can't just walk somewhere, where it is watched. Though instakills were silly, KOs would make more sense, especialy if for example they could be removed by FA or chems.
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."

avv

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2011, 07:21:44 pm »

If you do not take eyeshots while KO, you'd have to take multiple good crits before it to really die.
That way people would have much less reasons to worry about moving into line of snipers ultimately favouring fast rushes than any further planning.

You mean strategy would suffer? Hardly, it would just change. Instead of shooting the same victim again snipers would shoot differend target and request for example rocketeer shoot the ko'd enemy.

We already know that crippling and even aiming eyes will be much bigger deal after update, there's little need to suggest making it even less threat as it is now.

This is true, hard to tell what's going to happen to crits after wipe. But the eyes towards the enemy when ko'd is really something that kills people quickly at the moment.

I personaly do not play or ever tried to play any character that can use sniper rifle or gauss pistol, but I always liked the idea of killing fields where you can't just walk somewhere, where it is watched. Though instakills were silly, KOs would make more sense, especialy if for example they could be removed by FA or chems.

There's no time to remove the KO if the patient is dead from the second shot.

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2011, 07:22:51 pm »

It can only add more teamplay, definitely a good suggestiong.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2011, 08:29:27 pm »

good one it really makes me mad when i get knocked out and then right after that another shot in the eyes and am dead.
Roaming the waste again.

Lacan

• [TSAR]Sol & [TSAR]Ketur
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2011, 03:59:53 pm »

It's a good idea indeed ! Is it only meant for knockedout char, or any lying char (-hp, knockdown) ?
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2011, 03:13:50 am »

what would small guns have if u took away eyeshots/cripple.........hmm?

"Everyman is evil yes, everyman's a liar"

DocAN.

• Testing FO: Reloaded
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2011, 10:58:59 am »

Good idea, but i think it wont be easy to implement it.
FOnline: Reloaded - Post apocalyptic mmorpg

Astarot

• Damn ! WTF ! Why you die so easily !
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2011, 12:40:57 pm »

Hum, I really dont know what to think about this suggestion. But its a good idea,

More simple, decrease chance of KO, decrease the time you have to stay on the ground when you receive a KO etc...
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 08:04:38 am by Astarot »
" Low stuff on my 'cause I was tired of loosing BA " Caled

" Stay calm tomorow will be better you'll see ! " dskpnk
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 21 queries.