"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 26, 2024, 07:35:49 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Another protected town in the north  (Read 12664 times)

Re: Another protected town in the north
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2011, 05:56:16 am »

Hopefully with something akin to battlegrounds next era, TC will recieve a major overhaul.  Eliminate the attrition style warfare/beat the timer and you will effectively get rid of a large amount of alts.  Hopefully it will include a sytem where the faction who controls it will be forced to have an international community.  City defense and policing efforts will be evenly distributed throughout the faction with each defensive "shift", overlapping the other groups sleep time.  If the group gets eliminated, then control shifts to the victors.   Others have also suggested some kind of "defense grid", comprised of the squares surrounding the town.  Folks could send out scout teams to ambush incoming attackers and weaken their overall assault.  This is where the "multiple encounters in the same damned square might actually be useful".

TC should be extremely difficult and successful defense of a city should bring great rewards.  Afterall, we are talking about controlling a town/s on par with the NCR.

Frenchy

• TSAR
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2011, 08:03:25 am »

Why not New Reno?

Impossible.

avv

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2011, 10:23:25 am »

TC should be extremely difficult and successful defense of a city should bring great rewards.  Afterall, we are talking about controlling a town/s on par with the NCR.

But the rewards shouldn't be given out of succesful military operation but from upholding a working society and getting along with the visitors.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2011, 11:32:30 am »

Yeah, like that. No, it's not cause I want to nerf PvP or any shit like that. But I think it would be interesting to leave behind that North/South dichotomy, and it would be nice to see all kinds of players and not just pwnz0rs in Northern cities.

Imo, the best candidates would be:

-Klamath: an unprotected town, with a protected mine next to it? The mine is a good reason to make Klamath protected, maybe by Trappers. In a non-so-gameplay level, Klamath is a small settlement so I think it could be outside the interest of gangs because of that.

Mine protectors aren`t much protection against guys in CAs with LSWs, who`re in mood to fuck shit up. Otherwise, Klamath is a good choice for a newb haven, if it had quests to level up, opportunities to earn money, resources (protected mine) and easily accesable workbench, along with some traders and combined with insta-kill sniper guards, such as NCR rangers in Shady Sands.

For other resources, players might need to venture out to unguarded cities in the `hood,  where the predators might find their blue pajama prey.
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2011, 11:32:37 am »

I agree with you Avv.  Successfully defending the city means the attackers have been repelled and the town is again at peace and able to do business.  

Also food for thought.  Whatever faction takes a town could enlist the help of a major faction be it NCR, Vault City, or New Reno.  Each ally could bring with it different rewards and help instead of just generic militia unless they plan to do away with that completely.
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2011, 11:33:53 am »

But the rewards shouldn't be given out of succesful military operation but from upholding a working society and getting along with the visitors.

Yeah, but who defines that? Is it number of people who visit the town? How long they spend there? How much they spend? Would the gang be punished for any bloodshed? WHAT IF THEY SHOT BLUESUIT SPIES AND HAD NO CHOICE?

How would you even be able to successfully differentiate visitors from gang alts specifically design to boost the 'Town Rating' or whatever you'd call it.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2011, 11:44:06 am »

I think that gangs fight in tc for fun of the fight, not for some shitty reward and like 9/10 gangs are not interested will anyone trade in their controlled town or not.
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2011, 11:51:31 am »

. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,                       Are you serious ?
. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,
. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,
. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,       
. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./
. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
. . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
. . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
. . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}
. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../
. . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”
. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__
,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _\. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..`
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2011, 11:57:58 am »

What you have to understand is, even if I don't like unguarded towns, making them guarded won't attract more players there, imo :-\

I dont know Izual, I personally think it WOULD attract more players as the area would be safer.
---

"They say people dont believe in heroes anymore... Well, I'm going to give them back their hero."
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2011, 12:05:36 pm »

I dont know Izual, I personally think it WOULD attract more players as the area would be safer.

Yeah, I think the town in the North that has the most passing trade is Vault City. Every other town people preview, run in, do their business, and get the fuck out. There might be dozens of loners up north, but they're all too afraid to be exposed. Which is completely understandable.

I think that gangs fight in tc for fun of the fight, not for some shitty reward and like 9/10 gangs are not interested will anyone trade in their controlled town or not.

And this is my point - why should it be in towns at all then? The fact that NPCs/Quests/Shops are there are of minimal to no interest to the controlling gangs, so why can't we separate them entirely? I believe that most gangs aren't interested in making a town functional and popular, so the only real consequence of keeping TC in towns is that there are half a dozen locations populated by ingame features that nobody wants to use.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 12:08:12 pm by Badger »

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2011, 12:09:14 pm »

Yeah, I think the town in the North that has the most passing trade is Vault City. Every other town people preview, run in, do their business, and get the fuck out. There might be dozens of loners up north, but they're all too afraid to be exposed. Which is completely understandable.

nah man you are wrong in here, sometimes when chilling in wasteland i become part of like 8 people group who just talk in modoc or new reno for example. What you said works for the very newbies only who are really afraid to lose their only 10mm pistol and leather jackets, others just dont give a shit :>

Nice_Boat

• I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2011, 01:59:07 pm »

> You are now aware that over 50% of the active playebase are PvP gamers.
> You are now aware that the NCR is a ghost town.
> You are now aware that every unguarded town is a good PvP arena.
> You are now aware that there are at least 3 guarded towns nobody visits, ever.
> You are now aware that New Reno is the only place this side of Hinkley people can have unrestricted, casual PvP in.

Yeah, let's totally take something from the vast majority of the players and give it to the 5 or 10 Mad Max wannabes who didn't ragequit yet and will do so during the next 3 or 4 months. This is going to, like, totally bring the new life into the server. I mean, The Hub and the NCR are so overcrowded that we most certainly need another safe location to give all those people some living space.

... so yeah, Eternauta, your idea is abso-effin-lutely ridiculous.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 02:01:43 pm by Nice_Boat »

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2011, 03:14:08 pm »

So we bring that "Mad Max wannabe" bullshit again? Let me guess what's next.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2011, 03:25:06 pm »

You seriously didn't expect that, especially from this particular person?

avv

« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2011, 03:47:39 pm »

Yeah, but who defines that? Is it number of people who visit the town? How long they spend there? How much they spend? Would the gang be punished for any bloodshed? WHAT IF THEY SHOT BLUESUIT SPIES AND HAD NO CHOICE?

How would you even be able to successfully differentiate visitors from gang alts specifically design to boost the 'Town Rating' or whatever you'd call it.

Example:
Town's doctor sells biomed gel. Part of the money from the bought gel goes to tc box. So basically all npc services that players buy give part of the caps in tc box. If the town is full of asshole pks, nobody will come there to buy anything but they surely will visit those towns that do protect their visitors.

So tc only unlocks the town, but to have profit players have to uphold it.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 21 queries.