"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 26, 2024, 07:18:28 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Another protected town in the north  (Read 12662 times)

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
Another protected town in the north
« on: April 24, 2011, 09:09:29 pm »

Yeah, like that. No, it's not cause I want to nerf PvP or any shit like that. But I think it would be interesting to leave behind that North/South dichotomy, and it would be nice to see all kinds of players and not just pwnz0rs in Northern cities.

Imo, the best candidates would be:

-Klamath: an unprotected town, with a protected mine next to it? The mine is a good reason to make Klamath protected, maybe by Trappers. In a non-so-gameplay level, Klamath is a small settlement so I think it could be outside the interest of gangs because of that.

-The Den: one could say it's already protected by the Slavers, who need to keep some safety in this harsh place, or their business would be harmed.

Why not Modoc? same as Klamath, small settlement which might not attrack gangs' attention, but it's relatively close to Vault City, which is already protected.

Why not Redding? Redding was a city that was not independent enough, and was under the competence of outside forces already in Fallout 2.

Why not Broken Hills? mostly because of its position in the worldmap.

Why not Gecko? Vault City is in the same area and is already protected.

Why not New Reno? would make sense imo but it has been said that devs already have plans for NR.

Of course, by making another town proteted, it would be nice to have a spawn point near it when we create a new character.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 04:19:10 am by Eternauta »
Re: Another protected town in the north
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 09:11:05 pm »

Make 'em all guarded! Failing that, yeah, Klamath would be the best bet. It has a lot of very good quests for new players - the pelt farming rewards are perfect.

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 09:15:04 pm »

What you have to understand is, even if I don't like unguarded towns, making them guarded won't attract more players there, imo :-\
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2011, 09:19:01 pm »

Den is already gaurded... in east side by the Metzger's slavers...  not that it helps with such weakass gaurds.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2011, 09:22:15 pm »

What you have to understand is, even if I don't like unguarded towns, making them guarded won't attract more players there, imo :-\

I think it'd be an interesting pre-wipe experiment. Why do you think it wouldn't?

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2011, 09:26:06 pm »

Nah, no protected towns in North, Vault City is enough already. Guarded towns bring more bad than good, I would rather make all town unprotected.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2011, 09:29:27 pm »

All towns unprotected would be awesome, but it requires a different player base, not our lolo-proxy-merc-leaders, lolo-gridcampwnzors, etc.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 04:20:01 am by Eternauta »

Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2011, 09:42:26 pm »

Yes for Klamath, would be nice to have an NCR-like city in that part of the "world". Also, could you please add a poll? It's better than just replying.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2011, 10:00:01 pm »

nope, towns are fine already. Making them guarded would just lower people amount in there and we have vault city its quite close to all other northern towns so i dont see a problem.

avv

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2011, 11:26:03 pm »

Better support player driven towns instead.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2011, 11:27:18 pm »

Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2011, 11:48:45 pm »

hell no. If town is protected, it applies same for everyone, on player protected town there are some tough guys who decide who needs protection and who dont without any much reasoning, sorry bro but you are more wrong even than author of the topic.
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2011, 11:52:05 pm »

That's why avv said to support these towns. They need some love. The system needs a change. Players need to be encouraged to actually protect the town and visitors. Maybe even forced to.

But yes. Avv's suggestion is not really the one that can be done.

avv

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2011, 12:17:21 am »

hell no. If town is protected, it applies same for everyone, on player protected town there are some tough guys who decide who needs protection and who dont without any much reasoning, sorry bro but you are more wrong even than author of the topic.

That's why the mechanics should support the player driven towns where players treat their visitors nicely so that the more visitors, the more money. If some town's controllers treated their visitors like nazis, there wouldn't be many visitors so they wouldn't get much caps. At the moment most tc towns are ghost towns where some faction member visits every now and then to loot the tc box.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2011, 04:28:20 am »

That is the idea of TC, is it not? A town protected by players.

As an abstract concept, "Player driven town" > "protected town"

In reality --> "do this or we ruin WWP project!", and as already said, lolo proxy merc leaders, lolo gridcampwnzors...

Also, could you please add a poll? It's better than just replying.

It's not. I don't believe in polls for this kind of stuff :P Let's get serious, it's the dev's game and they shouldn't implement naked female dancers with rocket launchers just because a poll shows 9999999 teens agree and 10 serious players disagree. The idea is to suggest something and back it up with arguments (if any), if they like it, they will implement, if they don't, those votes can be sticked up our asses.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 21 queries.