"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 28, 2024, 11:52:17 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Robe Stealthness uses  (Read 1745 times)

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
Robe Stealthness uses
« on: May 08, 2011, 03:17:03 am »

Similar to Sius's post:

This desert robes got me an idea. I've always hated FOnline lacking some kind of stealth, silent way of killing people. Something like hit'n'run tactics. Sneaking itself is a bit flat feature... what about camouflage clothes?

While wearing such armor your character's name and contour will not be visible until you fire, but it will fade out again in 3 seconds. This would leave victim only with its naked eye to find attacker and eliminate him. Few types of camouflage for desert/urban/forest areas and you have whole new way how to fight in conflicts.

And Crazy's:
robes don't hide identity, that's a gameplay fact. The day dev implement invisible name when wearing robe, so yes, robes will hide identity in RP.

I think it would be great if purple robes would simply hide the name, and precisely has Sius suggested, desert robes will make your contour and name invisible.  And if you shoot, they can see your contour (still not your name though). And your contour would re-disappear after 3 seconds of combat timer.  Enemy can still shoot you, of course, but you can hide behind buildings and such, making it MUCH more difficult.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Reiniat

• Humanhunter
Re: Robe Stealthness uses
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 04:08:40 am »

Nice idea,
also we should make "spoters" givem AS50 and instakill without aiming at 150m, posibility to look trough walls, and deeper bullet penetration, oh and mortar attack.... oh wrong forum.

yes nice idea, maybe some trollers can abuse it but since wasteland is full of alts no one knows who is who (and im mad because of that, you all false people)
the only posible to include in game idea since... a lot of time.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 04:10:14 am by Reiniat »
Current char: Oblivion, Oceansoul, Black Tears

Sorry for my bad english
Quote from: Santa Anna
Any action or inaction in a position of power will always grant you enemies

Y0ssarian

• incredible
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 04:35:24 am »

Tears came to my eyes when you said we all false people. :'{

Not trying to go off topic but why do throwing knives break sneak?
power

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 09:18:50 pm »

hmmm, why not improve sneak overhaull
1. add a new distance, the identity/contour distance(that is diferent and can be used by low sneak players) so you can hide your face in a shadow and a Sniper far away can't see you. In this pozition you will be invizible as a name an contour(remember last wipe when the 3D models had no contour)
2. add the silencer atackment to certan low level guns(10mm pistol, hunting rifle,laser pistol discharge reducer(special item required)) or some new gun perk: silenced that does the 3min resneak sugested above(so you can make the small tier guns more powerfull)

yoz

• yoz ace / yoz kage
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011, 05:47:39 am »

Rather than making you invisible, let desert robes just add to your sneak skill. No need to overhaul the entire sneak skill.

I don't like the invisible name suggestion. It will be too annoying to confuse robed people with NPCs like holy people.
Kill the men, rape the women, eat the children.
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2011, 04:43:51 pm »

Yes, when encountering someone in robe, there would need to be some way of knowing if its a player character, or a npc (I know its not rp, but its to protect against exploiters). Maybe the name could be changed to *Unknown*.

I do kind of like the idea.

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2011, 06:12:09 pm »

is not about the unkown or name above your head, is about a way to know where players are:
for example if there is someone with the atack mode off there is a player near a wall=>invizible and with no countour(since the player does not aim) but he has the name above his head and the PK knows his location, so he kills him

Reiniat

• Humanhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2011, 07:02:51 pm »

come on the suggestion is right.
andif you find someone in robe in the desert you will know that he is human, because he should have 250HP and a sniper rifle.
and if he has a knife, just blow him up is easy to kill Holy Persons
Current char: Oblivion, Oceansoul, Black Tears

Sorry for my bad english
Quote from: Santa Anna
Any action or inaction in a position of power will always grant you enemies

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2011, 12:51:21 am »

Yes, when encountering someone in robe, there would need to be some way of knowing if its a player character, or a npc (I know its not rp, but its to protect against exploiters). Maybe the name could be changed to *Unknown*.

I do kind of like the idea.

Players are easily spottable inmidst of NPC, even if names are missing.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2011, 12:53:33 am »

How is a holy person going to hold a rifle?  They still have different skin/sprite whatever.

Player's robes are more smoothed out looking.

And what would a purple robed npc be doing in reno running around?
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

yoz

• yoz ace / yoz kage
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2011, 03:45:58 am »

When you are dropping in an encounter and you have less than a second to scan for players and fire the first shot little things matter. I like the "unknown" suggestion.

Why do you want the robe to make you invisible when there is already a sneak skill for that?
Kill the men, rape the women, eat the children.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2011, 03:58:59 am »

When you are dropping in an encounter and you have less than a second to scan for players and fire the first shot little things matter. I like the "unknown" suggestion.

Why do you want the robe to make you invisible when there is already a sneak skill for that?
When did we say invisible?  We said it only hides your name and contour, otherwise, you can see the player's avatar perfectly normal.

When there isnt a contour it's obviously a player.  Just think for 5 seconds on how you could spot players...  there are several.  Most of them me and others have already listed.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 04:03:41 am by Michaelh139 »
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2011, 05:34:18 am »

2. add the silencer atackment to certan low level guns(10mm pistol, hunting rifle,laser pistol discharge reducer(special item required)) or some new gun perk: silenced that does the 3min resneak sugested above(so you can make the small tier guns more powerfull)

yes

Rather than making you invisible, let desert robes just add to your sneak skill. No need to overhaul the entire sneak skill.

+10% sneak?
yes

Not trying to go off topic but why do throwing knives break sneak?

yes and yes to the idea in general

Biogitanus

• I Only Know Things By Their Light
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2011, 07:14:35 pm »

I want that camouflage tunic!! :o

HowStrange...TheWorldSeemsMuchSmallerThanIRemember
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.196 seconds with 22 queries.