"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 20, 2024, 12:50:23 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Sheriff/Regulator idea - Special Perk - An Alternative to Slaving  (Read 9445 times)

Re: Sheriff/Regulator idea - Special Perk
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2011, 11:59:22 am »

Mindless bump (joke)

Now that some of the finer points have been clarified does anyone have anything further they would like to add to the suggestion?

I wouldnt mind hearing back from the dev team now that the point has been 'fleshed out' and hopefully the confusion put aside.
---

"They say people dont believe in heroes anymore... Well, I'm going to give them back their hero."

Gunduz

• [MDK]skankin
« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2011, 06:34:32 pm »

I really like this concept. Slaving presents a challenge that anyone wanting to keep their reputation can't enjoy. And I agree with Badger on keeping it simple. It doesn't need a faction or a profession slot or anything like that. We just have to make sure you can't be both a Lawbringer and a Slaver.
« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2011, 06:42:11 pm »

I really like this concept. Slaving presents a challenge that anyone wanting to keep their reputation can't enjoy. And I agree with Badger on keeping it simple. It doesn't need a faction or a profession slot or anything like that. We just have to make sure you can't be both a Lawbringer and a Slaver.

Yeah. Same challenges and gameplay as slaver, but with the obvious disadvantages of your captives don't fight for you. I think that's a decent tradeoff. Maybe make it marginally less lucrative, maybe 30/40% less reward or something. I think people should be rewarded for being bad guys.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2011, 06:44:55 pm »

Yeah. Same challenges and gameplay as slaver, but with the obvious disadvantages of your captives don't fight for you. I think that's a decent tradeoff. Maybe make it marginally less lucrative, maybe 30/40% less reward or something. I think people should be rewarded for being bad guys.
in this case...  People should be rewarded for being bad-guys.

And getting away with it.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2011, 06:48:45 pm »

in this case...  People should be rewarded for being bad-guys.

Well it's not effecting anyone but NPCs, so you got no problem with people shitting all over each other's fun. I think it's a nice alternative to people that don't want to slave. But I also think there should be much smaller penalties for being a slaver, as well as more areas for them to operate. Does the Vortis Holding Centre operate as a slaver hub?

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2011, 06:53:08 pm »

Does the Vortis Holding Centre operate as a slaver hub?
Yes.

But I think, after a certain amount of slaves you bring in, someone will get attention to it, whether it's a rival slaver gang (NPCs) or some slavery abolishers (npcs...) you should get into a forced, encounter event, where no one can come in, you cannot leave until you some how get by them [useing various skill you might have considering its an RPG mmo...] (But you can't run out) so there is an actual consequence.  This event is although totally random, can happen only if you're a slaver.

= RPG Mechanic.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2011, 07:02:05 pm »

Payout for slaving should be increased slightly, also running someone in to town as a 'lawman' would and should pay less then selling an actual person for their 'services.'

The idea behind this is to give people a choice, do they want to become the Law Breakers or the Law Enforcers... Both sides should have an equal balance of  benefits and disadvantages...
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 07:08:47 pm by Radman2307 »
---

"They say people dont believe in heroes anymore... Well, I'm going to give them back their hero."

Cola

• Knowledge is everything.
Re: Sheriff/Regulator idea - Special Perk - An Alternative to Slaving
« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2011, 10:17:39 pm »

I think this is a great suggestion.
My current In-game name is Colan.
« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2011, 10:44:05 pm »

Since slavers are fucked over with buying/selling in klamath and modoc should the "lawmen" be unable to buy/sell in the den? I doubt metgzer would approve of someone selling to a lawman in 'HIS" town.
« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2011, 10:53:43 pm »

Since slavers are fucked over with buying/selling in klamath and modoc should the "lawmen" be unable to buy/sell in the den? I doubt metgzer would approve of someone selling to a lawman in 'HIS" town.

Yeah of course, only certain settlements/towns in the wastes would accept Lawmen, those mainly being NCR affiliated (Hub, NCR, and Redding)

Redding is debateable I know but if we think back to Fallout 2 the Sheriff had some sort of affiliation with the NCR as he mentions it to the player if they're a Ranger.

As for The Den and Reno well, I can't see them being very welcoming to players who are Lawmen. 
---

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Page created in 0.387 seconds with 22 queries.