What do you fall under

I believe in church
I go church regularly
Rarely go church
I use go church but not anymore
I been one few times in my life
never went to church

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: how many fonline people believes in church  (Read 19063 times)

Re: how many fonline people believes in church
« Reply #60 on: April 10, 2011, 01:14:04 pm »

Floodnik: this way of thinking is usefull, you are moving yourself from nature and on higher position, so you are more likely to destroy nature to survive.

And thats not what I think I am. Thats reality, truth. You are instinct-driven animal. It has been proven already.

Schwartz

• Killed by death.
« Reply #61 on: April 10, 2011, 01:29:09 pm »

My last time in church? Hmmmm... about 4 years ago.

Stop always comparing Lemmy to God.
I mean...he's cool & stuff, but he's just not Lemmy.
« Reply #62 on: April 10, 2011, 02:22:49 pm »

you are more likely to destroy nature to survive.
Why? No.
And thats not what I think I am. Thats reality, truth. You are instinct-driven animal. It has been proven already.
And I don't think I am an instinct-driven animal. It's not true for me. It can't be proven. It's just a matter of opinion.

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2011, 03:02:53 pm »

nature will not be distroyed by us, Nature will sacrivice itself so we can artivicialize all life in something better
Mother Nature is called a mother beacose it helped us reach this point where she can see her kids grow up and become individual adults, but she has wiled to do the greatest sacrifice so we can be Imortal
so no, we don't distrow Nature by making machines, Nature is just protecting our biological live untill we can create better bodys

For those that played New Vegas, Nature is for Humanity like Cass's mom for Cass(she died as soon as Cass was fully grown)
« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2011, 05:57:41 pm »

Floodnik: reality doen't stand on opinions. It can be proven quite easilly.

LagMaster: you are joking, right?
« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2011, 06:50:59 pm »

It can be proven quite easilly.
I don't believe it. It's a philosophical matter. Philosophers were arguing about it for centuries, and you say you can prove it easly? No, not really.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 06:58:03 pm by Floodnik »

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2011, 08:43:40 pm »

LagMaster: you are joking, right?
as i told before, is hard to understand if i tell it str8, but i need to tell you all my philosophy
« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2011, 08:58:26 pm »

I don't believe it. It's a philosophical matter. Philosophers were arguing about it for centuries, and you say you can prove it easly? No, not really.
No, It is scientifical matter, like nearly everything. I can describe quite nice test, that have proven this. But would it matter? Would you believe in that?

The problem is, science is not about believing. Hypothesis is either supported by evidence or destroyed by evidence against it. Nothing philosofical. No talking about something you can't define, so anything you can say is right. Hard science man.
« Reply #68 on: April 10, 2011, 10:00:32 pm »

Science cannot explain e.g. if we are something more than biological organisms, if we have souls etc. There is no proper test to prove that. It is beyond our understanding.
« Reply #69 on: April 10, 2011, 10:28:38 pm »

1. we are no more than biological organism.

2. define, what is soul

It is not beyond our understanding. It is fake. We have found no evidence for existence of soul, on the other side, we have quite a lot of evidence against it.

Science cannot explain everything. Or conteporary science cannot explain everything. And there is no need for definition of world as absolutely knowable (again, strong evidence for knowable universe, quite strong mathematical proove against absolute knowable universe).

lehytek

• Opinionated albinoid
« Reply #70 on: April 10, 2011, 10:36:50 pm »

inb4 this post gets deleted, censorship much, mods?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 10:38:42 pm by lehytek »
I saw your post, I had to LOL really hard. Hilarious.  8) Too bad they removed it, don't know why, it was not offensive to anyone.

Mayck

• Rotator
  • ...shhhh...
« Reply #71 on: April 11, 2011, 12:36:49 am »

I was in church about 3-4 times in my entire life. I'm atheist from liberal christian family (that means I was offered the freedom to choose), I like to say that I am an atheist with christian values  ;D

It is not beyond our understanding. It is fake. We have found no evidence for existence of soul, on the other side, we have quite a lot of evidence against it.
Evidence against existence of soul? Seriously WTH? Don't get me wrong, I personaly don't believe in some kind of spirit that leaves our dead body after we die. But seriously there is no way to prove it is not like that.

It seems to me that many people mistake religion with faith, but those are 2 different things. Faith is something people believe in, something that gives them hope (it doesn't necesserily have to be a faith in god) and it doesn't have to go against science. Religion is set of rules that tells you how to live and what's good what's bad, the main flaw of the religion is that it can and it is heavily used just as tool to gain power, and this way it usually slows down progress. (So there should be written Religion in that picture :) )

lehytek

• Opinionated albinoid
« Reply #73 on: April 11, 2011, 04:24:36 am »

What I don't like about christianity is that when christians get neck-deep in shit, they pray instead of trying to resolve their problems. Praying is not going to make the IRS return you your home. Praying is not going to return you neural capacity below the waist. This is called being lazy. Instead of getting disability welfare or a job, they will sit with a thumb stuck a foot deep in their ass and wait for a rain of 24k gold to fall on their head and solve their problems.

I could say some more smart things, but considering this is a hive of cannibal trolls, I'd be just wasting my time. VOTE FRED PHELPS FOR GM.
I saw your post, I had to LOL really hard. Hilarious.  8) Too bad they removed it, don't know why, it was not offensive to anyone.
« Reply #74 on: April 11, 2011, 10:20:00 am »

Mayack: yes, there are plenty of them, thermodynamic law eg.

You modern theories are quite consistent, IF there would be ghost, it would have to react with body somehow etc. it would mean mutch more new things, and that our contenporary knowledge is wrong. It could be, but because quite consistency in our theories and no strong prove that they are wrong (eg. no evidence for ghost etc.), this is evidence against ghost. Theory with spirits should explain our conteporary knowledge consistently with new spirits evidence. But hypothesis with spirits don't do that, they try to explain only spirits and try to relativize all our knowledge. Because no real scientist even think of them.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 24 queries.