"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 12, 2024, 01:12:33 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Broken Hills  (Read 3075 times)

Broken Hills
« on: March 27, 2011, 08:42:50 am »

Ok so I arrive in broken hills and the guards kill me on sight?

How and what the hell for exactly??

Im neutral and last I was there, didn't do shit...

Im this close to quitting, it's the last fucking time this fucking game FUCKS WITH MY MOTHERFUCKING TIME!!!!

There better be a one real fucking good reason of this happening.
Or else I will personally find whoever designed this piece of turd and shove my fist so far up his arse he barely wont have enough air left inside to hold a grandma's fart.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 08:52:36 am by DirkDigger »
Re: Broken Hills
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 08:52:44 am »

The Wasteland Is Harsh  ;)
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 08:56:22 am »

Fuckoff kid, stop fucking your own time by answering like a dumbass and tell me what game mechanic this is.

Fyi, I was there one day and this dude starts running towards me outside mines without warning, having a bunch of rare minerals on me and thinking he was a lamer, I shot first to be sure and it appeared he wasnt.
Could this have anything to do with it? Is Broken Hills owned by players? IS there a system in place that blacklists people from towns, making them KOS on their next visit?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 09:01:00 am by DirkDigger »

Marrxman

• Hangovers are the wrath of grapes
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 08:58:58 am »

Its most likely not the militia, its probably PKers who camp the exit grids. So as soon as load into BH, they shoot.
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2011, 09:01:38 am »

No PKers to be seen on or near exit grid, the militia shot me.
Or is there a trick not to show up on grid as a PK?
If there is, well I shall kindly run the fuck out of this broken piece of shit game as fast as possible.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 09:04:43 am by DirkDigger »

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2011, 09:03:49 am »

Well your story certainly sounds a bit weird, or at least vague. Who were these "guards" you mentioned? Militia?

Its most likely not the militia, its probably PKers who camp the exit grids. So as soon as load into BH, they shoot.

Yeah, it kinda sounds like some Mercenaries or Slaves set on "kill everyone" to me. If so, it was no bugged game mechanic, but some lazy PK's boredom and desire for lawlz.

No PKers on or near exit grid, the militia shot me.

The PKs don't need to acually be there. And are you %100 sure it was Militia?

Also, DirkDigger, there was no need for such an angry language which only makes you look stupid (no offense meant, just an advice for any future posts).
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2011, 09:27:20 am »

Well your story certainly sounds a bit weird, or at least vague. Who were these "guards" you mentioned? Militia?

Yeah, it kinda sounds like some Mercenaries or Slaves set on "kill everyone" to me. If so, it was no bugged game mechanic, but some lazy PK's boredom and desire for lawlz.

The PKs don't need to acually be there. And are you %100 sure it was Militia?

Also, DirkDigger, there was no need for such an angry language which only makes you look stupid (no offense meant, just an advice for any future posts).

1. They were the common NPC guards standing in BH, like I said I didnt see anyone else besides the usual NPC's. Maybe these mercenaries or slaves were hidden, if so, then off the grid is where they're at usually? Like for sure there's no way to see them?

2. PK's dont need to be there...Im sorry but...rofl...WTF is this!!?? Explain to me how a game would need cater the most insecure fucktards on the planet to that extent, who so eagerly look to replace their void of RL existence and sheer lack of balls for anything real with cheap fucking kicks out from another's expense in the most riskfree online environement?

3. I couldn't care less looking stupid on the internet, people in online games have some form massive personal insecurity going on in that regard, and frankly thinking they're in a position to telling me how to think or what to do is way beyond my input.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 09:34:46 am by DirkDigger »
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2011, 09:28:32 am »

It could have been a sniper that was in the faction that owned the milita shooting you, causing them to attack you.
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2011, 09:30:19 am »

Oh really? Well like I said, that's really quite retarded for a game.
And I think but Im not sure, that it was a grenade which first hit me, not sniperfire.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 09:32:27 am by DirkDigger »

Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2011, 09:49:46 am »

If you don't want to die that easily, you shouldn't go to the northern cities, coz they are guarded by PK's. It's nothing special that you've died in BH. It was a less of more peaceful town a while ago, but this time has gone.
What you should do, is to join an alliance (check this sub-forums) or make your own gang. Though, there is actually too low number of people playing right now. Most of us are waiting for wipe.
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2011, 09:55:50 am »

If you don't want to die that easily, you shouldn't go to the northern cities, coz they are guarded by PK's. It's nothing special that you've died in BH. It was a less of more peaceful town a while ago, but this time has gone.
What you should do, is to join an alliance (check this sub-forums) or make your own gang. Though, there is actually too low number of people playing right now. Most of us are waiting for wipe.

I've died in BH, nothing special it seems yea, giving such power rights to one person only in an online FFA full loot pvp game only is just plain shit by design. Realise this please, for your sakes. It fucks with your time and other people's for no other incentive than it strictly serving the void of just one probably much less deserving individual. And now tell me this game isn't solely based around individual power...

Thanks but if it takes grouping together to overcome some retarded gamedesign just cos it's Fallout 2 rather than to simply quit the whole thing and look for something that could obviously be more enjoyable, I'd rather just stay the fuck out thank you, but it's a damn shame.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 10:14:45 am by DirkDigger »

JovankaB

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2011, 12:04:45 pm »

Thanks but if it takes grouping together to overcome some retarded gamedesign just cos it's Fallout 2 rather than to simply quit the whole thing and look for something that could obviously be more enjoyable, I'd rather just stay the fuck out thank you, but it's a damn shame.

FOnline is not Fallout 2. It's not RPG, it's MMO. All MMOs are about farming and killing, and that's the kind of entertainment you will get. Yes it happens to have similar locations and use the same graphics. But if you expected to have experience like from Fallout 1/2 - interesting plot, meaningful exploration, to feel like a hero that can influence the world - if you expected to visit Broken Hills and to have interesting, world influencing quests awaiting for you - sorry dude, you play a wrong game. All you can get in that town is a rocket in your face. I'm sorry to say this, but it's true. Here you are thrown into a muddy team based PvP arenas and most you can do is fight hordes of metagaming, exploiting, often rude, racist, non-english speaking people*.

Welcome to the World of FOnline  :)

*Of course you can meet many fantastic people too.
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2011, 01:30:23 pm »

So, there's a question that bugs me for quite a while: how much Fallout is left in FOnline and would it be as successful without Fallout theme? Seriously, what do you like most in Fonline, except for familiar Wasteland and does it balance out the subjective flaws, as player behaviour in-game and forums and objective ones, like bugs or mechanics?
Wasteland is a tricky business.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2011, 01:42:33 pm »

Without the obvious Fallout references it would just be another MMO, and not even a good one.
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2011, 01:50:14 pm »

Without the obvious Fallout references it would just be another MMO, and not even a good one.
captainhaddock.jpg
Don't tell me that players play it just because of those obvious Fallout reference, Mr.Surf... Or am i in err?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 01:51:53 pm by Lizard »
Wasteland is a tricky business.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 24 queries.