"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 12, 2024, 01:12:16 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Broken Hills  (Read 3074 times)

Re: Broken Hills
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2011, 01:56:38 pm »

Same thing happened to me. I think it's a couple of mercs set to "shoot everyone."

Also, everyone in Modoc is dead last I checked. How often do town NPCs respawn?

Just don't go to Broken Hills. Plenty of other nicer places to visit (hub, boneyard, SF).

Also, if you have a tent (I don't right now) leave your stuff there before entering towns you haven't been to in a while.

And as for time wasted, I've only just found collecting junk and making bbs as a source of xp and money. After enough hours shovelling shit and getting xp from avoiding encounters which happens rarely to reach lvl 4.

I'm not too sure how the whole brahmin truck thing works but can't you leave it outside town somewhere to keep your stuff safe?

EDIT -  This is the best FREE MMO, with or without the fallout references. The options available are wider than killing different coloured boars every few levels which seems to be the par with most current free MMOs.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 01:58:40 pm by AfriXan »

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2011, 01:57:55 pm »

captainhaddock.jpg
Don't tell me that players play it just because of those obvious Fallout reference, Mr.Surf... Or am i in err?

I can only speak for myself, but for me its the case. Know a whole bunch of people thinking the same tho'.
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2011, 01:59:56 pm »

I can only speak for myself, but for me its the case. Know a whole bunch of people thinking the same tho'.

So what is the best free MMO purely in terms of gameplay mechanics for you then?

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2011, 02:04:27 pm »

So what is the best free MMO purely in terms of gameplay mechanics for you then?

I dont play any other multiplayergame besides this.

Fridge_Man

• The Guardians
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2011, 03:16:34 pm »

Ye, wasteland in general and BH in special are kinda harsh. To avoid such situations is quite easy,
dont enter unprotected towns if you cant protect yourself. Which means, in the case of broken hills,
you might need a whole company to be somehow safe. And when militia attacks, even the company wont
rescue you. Stay south while you are leveling up, and enter north towns only when you
a) have nothing to loose
b) have alot of gunpower with you

Btw, 100% free mmo, without any buyable bonus for players (stronger armor, gun, weapon etc for money),
i think there is no such thing besides fonline. But i think the "100% free status" is not the main reason why people play it,
as surf said i believe many people are fallout fans who just love the wasteland setting.
Some of them even donate few euros to keep the server running.

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2011, 03:56:33 pm »

Ye, wasteland in general and BH in special are kinda harsh. To avoid such situations is quite easy,
dont enter unprotected towns if you cant protect yourself. Which means, in the case of broken hills,
you might need a whole company to be somehow safe. And when militia attacks, even the company wont
rescue you. Stay south while you are leveling up, and enter north towns only when you
a) have nothing to loose
b) have alot of gunpower with you

Btw, 100% free mmo, without any buyable bonus for players (stronger armor, gun, weapon etc for money),
i think there is no such thing besides fonline. But i think the "100% free status" is not the main reason why people play it,
as surf said i believe many people are fallout fans who just love the wasteland setting.
Some of them even donate few euros to keep the server running.

That's all fine and dandy, but it means you're royally fucked as a crafter in this game as it takes so damn long to make anything remotely useful and highend due to cooldowns and towns with rare minerals being camped all the time. The fact is no one in his right mind would go out of his way to protect a flimsy crafter for all this time, it's just not a fun thing to do. I'd suggest the community devs to add rare ore nodes in caves out in the wilderness, this would make highend crafting feasable, worth time and effort and give some sort of economy and backbone to those who don't PVP as much.
Until then, I really dont see myself play this for much longer as having to get through the same repetitive and obsessive habits of some of the most insecure individuals online is just plain sad an depressing. It's something I'd rather leave the clinically insane to figure out for themselves. 
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2011, 06:36:41 pm »

From what I heard, crafting system is going to be changed.
And about dying like this - for me it's one of the most important features, it gives sense to this game. Somebody likes it that way, somebody doesn't. If you're getting so angry from being killed, don't play this game, it's obviously not for you.

DocAN.

• Testing FO: Reloaded
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2011, 06:52:33 pm »

And about dying like this - for me it's one of the most important features, it gives sense to this game. Somebody likes it that way, somebody doesn't. If you're getting so angry from being killed, don't play this game, it's obviously not for you.

Amen!
FOnline: Reloaded - Post apocalyptic mmorpg
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2011, 08:39:33 pm »

Someone is too soft I see...
Broken Hills is unguarded town, PKing town. I almost don't go there cause I don't have business there but as far as I know unguarded towns don't have guards and you probably been killed by a player or a merc slave.
This is hardcore game, you got two options:
1. Quit whining and adopt to the wasteland.
2. Quit the game like a wuss.

Your choice pal.
In-game characters:
Mr. Doc
Panther
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2011, 08:46:45 pm »

Why don't yall just,

FUCK A DUCK!!!

I'll adopt your frikkin wasteland you faggots.

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2011, 09:17:56 pm »

Well DirkDigger, I can't understand why you have such an attitude. We need to understand better what happened to you, so you can get a better answer. So don't get mad if you use vague words like "guard" instead of specific FOnline concepts like slave, merc, militia. And no, the PK does not need to be there, cause he can just tell his mercs/slaves to kill everyone they see AND to say there. After that, the PK can just leave and the trap he'd set up will work just fine.

Also, I wonder if you knew about Town Preview, which allows you to see if there are players stading in the entrances of towns, whitout actually entering. You can toggle this from the world map, look for a button with a sign that says "Town Preview" and then choose which entrance you want to preview. If you see people with guns or stuff like that, which looks suspicious, it's better not to enter.

Don't rage at those who don't do anything to you, including people like Floodnik who say dying is normal here. Although gridcamping is not allowed, death is certainly something normal, and something you should be prepared to meet almost all the time. So sorry, but if you don't like it, this game might actually not be the best for you.

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2011, 09:22:12 pm »

Oh my god, 2 pages of arguing just because someone got killed in Broken Hills? Calm down, people, nothing new.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2011, 10:13:31 pm »

I'm glad there's people in this thread who doesn't descend to Dirks level and are still polite.
Kudos to them. Please close this thread, the rage is over.
Wasteland is a tricky business.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 17 queries.