"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 20, 2024, 12:51:55 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Yay for griefers and fun at NCR mine.  (Read 3644 times)

Yay for griefers and fun at NCR mine.
« on: December 27, 2010, 03:18:43 am »

Love this yesterday they have to beef up the guards because people camped and door block killed everyone there for hours.  Now today there's a noob running around planting armed bombs on you.  And the best part!? If you see the bomb and throw it out of your inventory, those new guards light your ass up YAY!!!!!! 

My suggestion, bombs should be set to 1 second timer upon entrance to any guarded area and activated instantly.  But that's not gonna happen.  So 7 dead slaves in the mine, few of them were mine, and my death of course.  And curiously the person died after me, and beat me back to the mine in time to loot?!?  I did a straight line no encounters? 

http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=10918.0

I know the old TIRED argument "Wasteland is harsh"  But there has got to be some limit.  Counting the armor/weapons, leveled slaves, and ammo that's at least 9 hours of work gone and that person just gets to giggle and play with themselves, all happy like with no consequences.

Yup this game is all about trying to work together, form groups, and communities...
City Encounters:  269
Footlockers:  60
Blueprints:  8
Car Wrecks:  3
Fuel CC:  0
Special Encounters:  0
Data collection start: 1-24-13

Y0ssarian

• incredible
Re: Yay for griefers and fun at NCR mine.
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 04:25:31 am »

I agree with you on the griefers and the zero consequences they get for dying. Because every suicidal, highly fanatical and idealogical zealot strapped with a bomb can respawn in real life. It's all the rage in terrorism to get your point across to that darn slaver who won't stop slaving. Or every blue suit team homocide team with AP 10mm SMGs looking at that guy with the fancy CA who just walked into a stream of bullets. Courtesy of suicide cloning inc.

Let's show them love by not showing we are the slighest affected by their actions.
power

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2010, 06:55:44 am »

I agree with you on the griefers and the zero consequences they get for dying. Because every suicidal, highly fanatical and idealogical zealot strapped with a bomb can respawn in real life. It's all the rage in terrorism to get your point across to that darn slaver who won't stop slaving. Or every blue suit team homocide team with AP 10mm SMGs looking at that guy with the fancy CA who just walked into a stream of bullets. Courtesy of suicide cloning inc.

Let's show them love by not showing we are the slighest affected by their actions.
Bow before this post.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2010, 09:08:30 am »

Just ignore the problem and it will go away?  That plan doesn't work with Cancer I don't think it's gonna work here.  It hasn't in 4 public wipes.  People have to take a stand, not sure how to show that happening, but at least stating that this is now how things should be most notably in guarded areas.  Something.

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2010, 09:39:45 am »

any one made screens with the bommers?
will pay 50 caps in Redding for a screen

avv

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2010, 02:39:39 pm »

Just ignore the problem and it will go away?

Some players actually do like that (griefing) to arouse activity in the forums.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2010, 04:33:38 pm »

Game in current (and ever?) state is just heaven for griefers, as always condomed by statements as "wasteland is harsh".
The best thing you can do about it is to give developers time and chance to make it more enjoyable.
Creating own server is possible as well, but with ugly limitation of windows-only binaries.

Ofcourse I seriously doubt anyone working on project has enough experiences with computer games design, so in fact resulting product is just continuing experiment. Some might find fun, some might not.
Obviously current design of mercenaries, death penalty, pvp, player interaction, questing, character creation and perhaps even economy are sloppy at the best.
Game completly fails to moderate rate between played time and personal gain. This would be perfectly fine for either payed service or sponsored service in fashion of various web-based games driven by only player attention.
I'm not analyst to tell or have rights to guess whose fault it is, however there're still hundreds happy ones so that game is not really a failure at all.
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."

avv

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2010, 04:41:06 pm »

"wasteland is harsh".

Has nothing to do with griefers. That sentence is related to the hardcore nature of fonline, such as full loot drop, hostile encounters and basically all the un-nubfriendlyness. If you want a sentence to represent griefers, it'd be "wasteland is retarded loooolzzzzz xDDDD"
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

JovankaB

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2010, 04:50:48 pm »

It would be hardcore if there was permadeath and 1 account / player accepted by admins.
Now it's just trollcore, because if you want to kill in a trollish way there is no risk involved or any negative consequences of your actions.
The only people who risk something are those who are not interested in trollcore gameplay.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 05:15:48 pm by JovankaB »

avv

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2010, 05:10:55 pm »

It would be hardcore if there was permadeath and 1 account / player accepted by admins.

More like TooHardcore with current settings such as instadeath encounters.

Now it's just trollcore, because if you want to kill in a trollish way there is no risk involved or any negative consequences of your actions.
The only people who risk something are those who are not interested in trollcore gameplay.

There are 2 ways to discourage idiotic activity. One is to have so much to do that players don't get bored and start fooling around. This is what Eve Online does according to wikipedia but because of so much to do, there are still griefers.
Another option is to strongly encourage players to play along with wasteland rules or be rendered incapable of interacting with the world. This means following the rules of npcs factions and avoiding death. The downside is that freedom would be reduced, but so far it's clear that when given too much freedom players use it to fuck with the world.
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2010, 03:23:24 am »

A third option would be to create a consequence for griefing so horrible that people would be discouraged.  But there is no way to monitor such actions, and it would come down to he said/she said crap.  If it just isn't possible to do damage to someone in a guarded area, bombings/shootings stop.  The stealing in towns, could easily be limited by if a character gets caught they're vilified til it cools down.  I would at least add some brains to the guards in towns.
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2010, 01:25:56 am »

@OP

Notice how Vortis is outside of NCR.

NCR mine guarded by RANGERS.

Why would they protect slavers?

They should be shot on sight by Rangers.

*Realism*

As for the guy getting back to the mine faster after killing you, I suspect it was that grieifing Kaczynski thief/bomber character (he should have his own complaint thread) and he may just have high OD/Pathfinder for getting back to the fun after dying.
I wish there were bags, backpacks, etc. in Fonline.
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2010, 08:28:24 am »

You're a bomber too Swing, and you're right Rangers would shoot slavers, good thing the person who had the slaves wasn't a slaver.  So he and 5 other innocent people working to get some gear were killed.  Yeah that sounds like rangers to me.
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2010, 04:26:18 pm »

NCR Mine isn't guarded by Rangers. These NPCs have green armors, which means NCR guards, Rangers have orange armors.
I think so.

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2010, 06:09:05 pm »

The griefing gets even funnier. Idolised PKs showed up at NCR, starting killing everybody.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 25 queries.