"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 20, 2024, 12:51:35 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Yay for griefers and fun at NCR mine.  (Read 3643 times)

Kanly

• The future is today, worry about it tomorrow!
Re: Yay for griefers and fun at NCR mine.
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2010, 07:28:21 pm »

The solution for idolized chars in Ncr is easy, no bonus to karma for leaving raider faction (or vault city or bos faction, only penality because wasteland are harsh)

easy done
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2010, 07:30:14 pm »

The griefing gets even funnier. Idolised PKs showed up at NCR, starting killing everybody.
Really? Haha, sad that I wasn't there atm. Finally someone's doing a good job, this city needs to die.
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2010, 07:39:58 pm »

The solution for idolized chars in Ncr is easy, no bonus to karma for leaving raider faction (or vault city or bos faction, only penality because wasteland are harsh)

easy done
There's already a solution: Izolized/Liked reputation doesn't allow to you to shoot simply anyone, after 1st attack you'll lose protection and 100 reputation, so anyone can shoot you. If you die or be offline few hours you'll become protected again, but if you'll attack someone you'll lose 100 rep again, so you can keep only Liked status so long as you want, while for Idolized you'll need to make reputation-alts, who'll be in 3 factions one by one and with barter skill tagged, and when he'll never become Idolized again, you can make ~deleteself to him.
So, just kill that Idolized guy and he'll have problems. Btw it's very interesting and making character's life more valuable than items, forcing you to use edges of map and shooting people at the back when they don't see you.

Y0ssarian

• incredible
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2010, 07:10:03 am »

@OP

Notice how Vortis is outside of NCR.

NCR mine guarded by RANGERS.

Why would they protect slavers?

They should be shot on sight by Rangers.

*Realism*

As for the guy getting back to the mine faster after killing you, I suspect it was that grieifing Kaczynski thief/bomber character (he should have his own complaint thread) and he may just have high OD/Pathfinder for getting back to the fun after dying.

This man is perhaps the greatest soul whom has walked this earth besides John Carmack and Jesus Christ.
power
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2010, 06:42:54 pm »

Removing the protection that Idolized chars have is the best solution

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2010, 06:44:36 pm »

Removing the protection that Idolized chars have is the best solution

This thread is about the door blocking exploit. That's not related. Just sayin'.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2010, 11:55:57 pm »

This thread is about the door blocking exploit. That's not related. Just sayin'.

I thought it was about the legendary Kaczynski.

Someone should do something about him.

I wish there were bags, backpacks, etc. in Fonline.
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2011, 12:23:39 pm »

I thought it was about the legendary Kaczynski.

Someone should do something about him.

No one wants to talk about your alt swing.  This isn't about door blocking, it's about how easy it is for the "Most Powerful City" in the wastes, and it's connected areas to be exploited, attacked, griefed by noobs and bored people with nothing better to do than cause trouble for people actually trying to play/test this game.
City Encounters:  269
Footlockers:  60
Blueprints:  8
Car Wrecks:  3
Fuel CC:  0
Special Encounters:  0
Data collection start: 1-24-13
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 21 queries.