"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 29, 2024, 06:17:01 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Extracting food from dead animals and hunger system  (Read 18102 times)

avv

Re: Extracting food from dead animals and hunger system
« Reply #60 on: September 20, 2010, 02:16:42 pm »

But what would be the downside of not eating/drinking (it shouldnt be too harsh), and how long a period b4 char suffers from it.

Serious penalties to crafting but not fighting or gathering. Just for starters. Maybe something else later when new features are implemented.

Maybe Run is disabled and 1 ap loss after a month or 2 of in-game time of not eating, and a message should inform u of ur chars starvation.
1 food item should restore it.

You must realize that hunger must create conflicts. An ap-less and walking man cannot fight deperately. We don't even have non-combat aps so a hungry enough man couldn't even gather more food. There's no reason to make the feature hellish or annoying for players but just necessary.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Ox-Skull

• TRH
« Reply #61 on: September 20, 2010, 03:35:37 pm »

Serious penalties to crafting but not fighting or gathering. Just for starters. Maybe something else later when new features are implemented.

You must realize that hunger must create conflicts. An ap-less and walking man cannot fight deperately. We don't even have non-combat aps so a hungry enough man couldn't even gather more food. There's no reason to make the feature hellish or annoying for players but just necessary.
well we should just shut up and lock the thread then.
Bunch of sooks.

A starving man, i think ,would not hav the strength to run. let alone kill a G gecko or brahmin

ok how about - 5 str penalty a drop to 1 pe and -5 ag drop.
God here come the greifers
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 03:40:39 pm by Ox-Skull »
Ranger of the Wastes. The Wastes still needs civilised people.

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2010, 03:42:02 pm »

I say, place a -10% CTH cap (85%) when tired (Eyes opening and closing), a -2EN (Addict style) when thirsty (Weakness, easier to be pushed around), and a -2 Cha (againg, Addict Style) when Hungry (Mr. Groucho).

Tired: Your character has to rest at least 4 Hours every RL day. I hate no-lifers...
Resting: Logged Off
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 03:43:49 pm by gordulan »

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1

Cocain

• Your already dead
« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2010, 07:28:03 pm »

Just because we're not ripping off the other system.  ::)
As i said, keep trying. (to invent something more original than Tamagotchi or Ultima).
The main point is: not having food as absolute necessity to play. For example, lower the maximal HP a bit. By eating something like a hot brahmin steak, you raise your maximal HP again and fill it up. A mutfruit would also do the trick, even if not if same dimensions.

Now, dear PvP fans, steak before a battle, anyone?

thats not a very good argument...
Aku Soku Zan

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #64 on: September 20, 2010, 07:31:45 pm »

Explain.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #65 on: September 21, 2010, 12:58:50 am »

Hunger system penalties:

Slightly Hungry:  -1 STR
Hungry:  -1 END -1 STR -1 AG
Very Hungry:  -1 END -2 STR -1 AG -1 INT
Starving:  -2 END - 3 STR -2 AG -2 INT Weakness (Doctor cannot cure) permanent till fed
Near Death Starvation:  -3 END -3 ST -3 AG -3 INT -5 HP every hour. [ingame] Weakness (Doctor cannot cure) permanent till fed

When you first make ur character you are fuly nourished, it woud take 1 hour and 30 minutes RL to become slightly Hungry, 1 hour 30 min for hungry, etc.

Someone make a Food cure mirror.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 01:01:12 am by Michaelh139 »
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #66 on: September 21, 2010, 01:08:47 am »

I don't want any "food starvation" system to be implemented if it just means another thing we have to do before we can do anything fun. Unless you can make it actually fun through collecting it (not just something you have to "mine" and have a gathering cooldown for), no.

I would love to see foods be able to be craftable, but these shouldn't be necessary things. Things like ham from pigrats that give benefits when you eat them would be nice, and a fire you have to cook them over. Things like this would actually be a good alternative to having to craft drugs.

What I don't want any of this "you have to go farm fruit every day or else you die or are seriously crippled". You are trying to turn it into a simulation game, when it just isn't.

For the most part, I once again agree with Badger:
I do think food should have a use, but be optional. Like drugs but with smaller bonuses and no downsides.

Food cures weakness, increases your heal rate. Maybe even the best stuff gives you bonus hit points/strength/whatever for a while.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #67 on: September 21, 2010, 01:16:07 am »

ESPECIALLY when it comes to a need of eat it will create an interesting feature, much as avv already suggested.
If people actually have a reason to fight for (water/food supplies) there will finally a thing worth fighting for. (you have such things in nearly every postapo-media, be it movies, books etc).
« Reply #68 on: September 21, 2010, 02:14:59 pm »

When you first make ur character you are fuly nourished, it woud take 1 hour and 30 minutes RL to become slightly Hungry, 1 hour 30 min for hungry, etc.

An advice: if you REALLY want tamagotchi system, use 4-6 hours intervals. In the other way, game will become rather irritating than playable. More situations like: I'm Radiated. I go to kill myself. I'm injuried. I go to kill myself. If death don't remove starvation: ZOMG I can't stand any longer feeding my stupid avatar. Die, die, die, bitch, dieeeeeeee....
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 02:16:58 pm by Szef »

Alvarez

« Reply #69 on: September 21, 2010, 06:39:59 pm »

Hell-lo, Mr. Genious Argument Expert, lacking words for explaining why my post is "not a very good" one, except for that one is written by Alvarez?

Critique disregarded.

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #70 on: September 21, 2010, 07:05:13 pm »

What I don't want any of this "you have to go farm fruit every day or else you die or are seriously crippled". You are trying to turn it into a simulation game, when it just isn't.

For the most part, I once again agree with Badger.
And I agree with both of you.
I don't have much time to play recently, so feeding my char as a must seems simply discouraging. From duties and hard work I have job, from "realistic behaviour" I have real life, from feeding I have my own stomach to fill.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to play a farmer/gardener someday, as it fits my pacifist soul, but not as a necessary gamestyle.
Nie biegaj za stadem.

Cocain

• Your already dead
« Reply #71 on: September 21, 2010, 08:43:28 pm »

Hell-lo, Mr. Genious Argument Expert, lacking words for explaining why my post is "not a very good" one, except for that one is written by Alvarez?

Critique disregarded.

looool classic statement of any troll

disregarding a sugestion that as proven effective just becouse its used on another system isnt the way to go.

look how this game is evolving... now ever1 is talking about furniture to put in houses.. hm.. im pretty sure this was also in ultima so by ur line of thought they should remove this since its not original hm? nevermind if it helps the game, just cut it is that it?

so again, unless im missing something, "Just becouse we are not ripping another system" is just a bunch of BS.
Aku Soku Zan

Alvarez

« Reply #72 on: September 22, 2010, 08:28:57 pm »

looool classic statement of any troll

disregarding a sugestion that as proven effective just becouse its used on another system isnt the way to go.

look how this game is evolving... now ever1 is talking about furniture to put in houses.. hm.. im pretty sure this was also in ultima so by ur line of thought they should remove this since its not original hm? nevermind if it helps the game, just cut it is that it?

so again, unless im missing something, "Just becouse we are not ripping another system" is just a bunch of BS.

Am i a troll now? That was something new!  ;D

Now since you haven't bothered to reply first, i supposed you have nothing NEW to say or suggest, as you lack ideas.
Instead, you propose "lol, let's BLATANTLY rip off a bit from this and a bit from that and call it a invention." Yea sure.

Also, you made me laugh with GAME EVOLVING. Because the game EVOLVES in the SUGGESTION TREE?
Haha, oh wow. It's a claim of devs, not of the players. No matter how "effective" it is, lol. And anyway, as user, you can only help the game if you create content. By listing up your wishes you achieve nothing.

Also, my line of thought that the food system isn't implemented, hence it can't be deleted.
And for the last time, if you want a food system, do your own!

Cocain

• Your already dead
« Reply #73 on: September 22, 2010, 09:09:51 pm »

Am i a troll now? That was something new!  ;D

Now since you haven't bothered to reply first, i supposed you have nothing NEW to say or suggest, as you lack ideas.
Instead, you propose "lol, let's BLATANTLY rip off a bit from this and a bit from that and call it a invention." Yea sure.

Also, you made me laugh with GAME EVOLVING. Because the game EVOLVES in the SUGGESTION TREE?
Haha, oh wow. It's a claim of devs, not of the players. No matter how "effective" it is, lol. And anyway, as user, you can only help the game if you create content. By listing up your wishes you achieve nothing.

Also, my line of thought that the food system isn't implemented, hence it can't be deleted.
And for the last time, if you want a food system, do your own!

ok straight to the point

your argument is not based on facts like any basic argument should be, instead your basing your argument on how u feel about it without thinking of the greater good to the game. quake/half-life/golden eye are games that inovated on their game system and served as based for any FPS game u know until now. Most players know this but they dont worry becouse they are to busy having fun

i will gladly put the code from hunger system thats implemented on UO to create contente with a simple thing called copy/paste

this wasnt suggested by me, but by another player, and i only showed my support to help stand out.. if users vote for one idea its more problably to be implemented since the comunity askes for. "ask and u shall receive"

maybe this will not be implemented, and thats ok, its their project and players can only sugest and hope to contribute to a better game on the future. ive played many games that are still to be balanced, but i NEVER once saw someone write:" just becouse..." as an argument.
Aku Soku Zan

avv

« Reply #74 on: September 23, 2010, 06:46:47 pm »

And I agree with both of you.
I don't have much time to play recently, so feeding my char as a must seems simply discouraging. From duties and hard work I have job, from "realistic behaviour" I have real life, from feeding I have my own stomach to fill.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to play a farmer/gardener someday, as it fits my pacifist soul, but not as a necessary gamestyle.

What difference does it make whether you're after ore, guns, bottle caps or food? People are after stranger things in this game, like brahmin shit.

It would be the npcs who would do the farming mostly. You'd just need to buy it from them or play along their rules to get it.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Page created in 0.112 seconds with 22 queries.