"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 20, 2024, 09:33:22 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: The search for fuel cell controller  (Read 5062 times)

avv

The search for fuel cell controller
« on: November 07, 2010, 01:53:03 pm »

Finally found it. The total ammount of time spent in running from encounter to another equals about ten hours. It was done by the course of several days using a luck 8 character. I tried it with another char with luck 6 for about 5 hours without finding the gadget.

It appears that luck has affects how many car wrecks you find.
It also appears that the car wrecks have some sort of cooldown of 20 minutes. After a cycle of 20 mins you may find 2-3 cars under 10 minutes and after that, for 20 minutes no car wrecks at all. It's like caves with loot, there's some sort of cooldown. The wiki information about 15 car wrecks required is nonsense, I searched about 25 car wrecks.

Now here's the deal: Is it okay that the game tells us to run from map to map for hours and hours? I personally did not enjoy it or find this searching operation particularly exciting. And now that I've got a chance to get the car, it's gonna suck like hell to lose it some day because of all the work needed to get one.
I have to say that the current way does limit the ammount of cars and fuel cell controller is something many people would like to have their hands on. However the method to get the item is the exact opposite of enjoyable gameplay.

Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Surf

• это моё.
Re: The search for fuel cell controller
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 01:54:55 pm »

Some people had to search hours and hours for that thing, with a high luck character. Some people had the FCC at the second car. It's totally random. I find it good, its something other then "oh, take caps, go to seller, done". You aren't forced to use cockroach, you know.

Bantz

• Mao!Mao!
    • Gang VŠB
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 02:02:35 pm »

My observation, based only on personal experience.

With luck 1, I didnt find single junk in like 35 cars.
With luck 10, in 5 I found two junks and one FCC.

It's totally random.
Do you base this on observations or do you have it backed up by some other info?

avv

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2010, 02:10:59 pm »

Some people had to search hours and hours for that thing, with a high luck character. Some people had the FCC at the second car. It's totally random. I find it good, its something other then "oh, take caps, go to seller, done". You aren't forced to use cockroach, you know.

That it's completely random and not buyable just like that for sure doesn't capsize the bad sides. A good multiplayer feature is challenging, rewards from cleverness over other players and has a multiplayer twist, a competition or teamwork requirement. Searching for ffc has none. It's boring, repetitive and solo work. 
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2010, 02:15:09 pm »

It simulates scavenging through old cars/cities. I don't see what's the problem there?

And @ Floodnik, that's your first warning.

avv

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2010, 02:59:44 pm »

I don't see what's the problem there?

Depends on how we define problem. If something takes ten hours to achieve by doing repetitive work isn't a problem, but normal gameplay then there musn't realy be problem at all.

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2010, 04:08:29 pm »

you didn't spend nearly enough time there. throughout the course of my career this wipe i had found more than 12 FCC's, most were sold at the beginning of the wipe... it's completely random and there are better areas than others where city landscapes are... but of course anything that takes time and doesn't instantly reward you is complained about in fonline.

i use a 6 LK combat character. instead of hanging out in your cities and safe areas, try actually playing the game and locating yourself to one area.. somewhere like the boneyard? you'll see just how "random" FCCs are when you and an enemy are fighting it out over a car wreck that might not even have anything at all...

avv

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2010, 04:22:03 pm »

you didn't spend nearly enough time there. throughout the course of my career this wipe i had found more than 12 FCC's, most were sold at the beginning of the wipe... it's completely random and there are better areas than others where city landscapes are... but of course anything that takes time and doesn't instantly reward you is complained about in fonline.

Oh well, not everyone is such a hardened badass as you. If the challenge in this matter is supposed to be to resist boredom, stiffened leg muscles, tired eyes and repetitive stress injury in fingers then everyting is alright.

i use a 6 LK combat character. instead of hanging out in your cities and safe areas, try actually playing the game and locating yourself to one area.. somewhere like the boneyard? you'll see just how "random" FCCs are when you and an enemy are fighting it out over a car wreck that might not even have anything at all...

What does this even have to do with whole subject?

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2010, 04:27:11 pm »

I try about 2 days to find one, but i don't find and then i stopped.
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2010, 05:56:11 pm »

i have found one after 5 wrecks, and one after 8, and 2 with just searching a wreck i accidently stumbled upon, its not that hard, was 6 luck;)

Gatling

• Violent Pacifist.
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2010, 06:40:42 pm »

I believe it is entirely random, at least past a certain point of its structuring making a difference.  Searching the wastelands SOLELY for an FCC is a little ... bland and redundant. I've found 2 so far, without ever really 'hunting' for them.  Was doing my normal thing, and found a car in the wasteland.  Sometimes junk, sometimes nothing.  It happens.  The FCC ... think of it as a special encounter.  It might happen, it might not. 

I wish more things followed this type of pattern and was not so structured. 
And now...
"Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon."- Rorschach
"It's what people know about themselves inside... that makes them afraid." -The Stranger

avv

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2010, 06:46:28 pm »

I believe it is entirely random, at least past a certain point of its structuring making a difference.  Searching the wastelands SOLELY for an FCC is a little ... bland and redundant. I've found 2 so far, without ever really 'hunting' for them.  Was doing my normal thing, and found a car in the wasteland.  Sometimes junk, sometimes nothing.  It happens.  The FCC ... think of it as a special encounter.  It might happen, it might not. 

I wish more things followed this type of pattern and was not so structured. 

The thing is that you only find them in city maps. I'm sure someone farming san fran encounters has no problems because he can bump into car wrecks while doing his every day farming.

The best way to get rare or special stuff would be scavenging places like glow with friends.

Gatling

• Violent Pacifist.
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2010, 07:21:02 pm »

No, I don't see how that would solve it.  If the location respawns and/or is static, then its not really randomized at all, is it? It's just a tank filled with certain levels of stuff, that slowly refills over time.  Go back at your leisure to acquire, not to mention the fact getting rad-away will be trouble (like all gear-acquiring aspects of gameplay) for lowbies, furthering the gap between haves and have-nots(which is a chasm by now). 
And now...
"Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon."- Rorschach
"It's what people know about themselves inside... that makes them afraid." -The Stranger

avv

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2010, 07:35:11 pm »

No, I don't see how that would solve it.  If the location respawns and/or is static, then its not really randomized at all, is it? It's just a tank filled with certain levels of stuff, that slowly refills over time.

It could regen random rare items. I'm not saying glow should regen it, i'm saying that we could have places where everyone could come to scavenge and fight. For example we could have an ancient motorway where "thousands" of cars were stuck in traffic jam when the blastwaves hit and everyone died. Such place would be ideal location to search for fcc. The place could look like this.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 02:58:52 pm by avv »
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2010, 08:03:58 pm »

Fuel cell controller? I wasn't looking for it. On some random encounter I spotted car wreck for the first time in game and got it. Kthxbai =]

Then I bought car for cheap 5k. Vroom vroom.

1 LK chars rocks =]
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 08:06:08 pm by Kirkor »
 Guitar Hero: Fallout
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 23 queries.