"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 08:25:45 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Mercs that survive you dying come find you  (Read 15655 times)

arathhunter

• Arath =Gray Rock Village Leader= -Canadian Drow-
Re: Mercs that survive you dying come find you
« Reply #60 on: January 21, 2011, 01:12:32 pm »

how about this, Hospitals in areas like NCR, or Sanfran could say, "found" your merc in the wasteland, and patched them up, and if their going to let them go back to you, you need to pay their Medical Bill, or maybe go back to a Merc Station and say that the merc dragged his/her ass back to their place and if you ever want them again they want (more) Hazard Pay, for maybe say, 500 or 1000 caps per mercs level?
as well, the Doc's/Merc Employers could just Lie to you about them just being found/brought themselves back, and could really be cloneing them like the player character is, if you ever talked to the npcs in the spawn points, some say they just found you laying in the wasteland and they picked you up, and you could say you were blown to pieces by some ugly monkey bastards with a rocket or such, and they still tell you you were in one piece, and that you were just imagining it. Who says the spawn point guys are the only ones in on the Cloning Secret?

course they wouldent have their gear they had on death, or even no brand new gear like newly bought mercs. all that we really need is the levels to stay (course same name attached)

and have a list like the Faction Terminals or something to Catagorize them. like,

Heres the Clipboard with your Friends Information and Medical Bill, which will need to Payed before i can Release them

*The Doctor Hands you the Clipboard*

Medical Ward
Merc: Alice
Class: Small Guns
Experience: 15
Release Cost: 7500 Caps

1. Alright Doc, thanks for Patchin em up, was worried they were a Goner for sure! *hand him the caps*
2. eeeh, could i see the other Clipboard again?
3. Was wondering if you had any other Patents i might know?
4. Damn, I left all my Caps in my other pants, i'll just rush back and get em! *you leave*
5. Hmm, well i'll check that out in a sec, i was wondering if i could ask you some Questions.

well something like that, i know this is quite a old Suggestion, but i would really want it to work in, as reasons already mentioned from the people before me.
dosent seem to fare that only the Big Factions have the huge advantage of keeping them alive longer since theirs more of them to watch their backs as well as the money to buy/craft higher tier weapons without a blink. and the smaller faction Leader Builds have to suffer not only their Mercs Level going all the way back to 1 when dieing, and losing their gear, but the Huge Price for just another level 1 Merc? i mean, Come on! Only Reason if any someone would make a leader character if not backed by money mcmoney bags is to set them up at base were they have a almost 200% chance of less dieing, and they would only be left as Alts that would only be used if needed to move or give more ammo to the mercs. and i thought we were saposto try to cut down on the Alts? hmm? well anywho, really hope you take a look at this and fingers crossed, Used!.  ;D

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #61 on: January 21, 2011, 06:29:57 pm »

Woa Arath, that suggestion is diamond, all of it is already set up in your post and just needs to be implemented, I vote hell yes.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #62 on: January 21, 2011, 10:19:38 pm »

Agreed good suggestion arath.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Page created in 0.812 seconds with 26 queries.