• Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog

Poll

How do you like the idea?

Awesome idea!
The idea is good itself but it's requires a lot of fixes and testing
No way, this suggestion sucks! (explain why on topic)

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Crafting made simple  (Read 1647 times)

Graf

• "Next Day" developer
Crafting made simple
« on: January 21, 2011, 12:02:08 pm »

Nowadays, almost everyone in Fonline 2238 have an alt character(s), that only aim is to craft, repair, speak on town control and others. Today I want to present you my new suggestion concerning major changes in crafting system.
What I want to show sounds simple, but could be quite difficult to implement, though it worth it, since it would significantly reduce the number of alts in-game and make it more interesting to play.

Lets start from the part concerning NPC's. To make crafting simple and save everyone from boring and monotonous job, developers should do following thing:
1. Implement an NPC, that is crafting items for you. But wait, it's not that easy as it sounds. To get this NPC, you should buy it as a mercenary for some money (Let's say for 10k caps) and pay a revenue every few real days, otherwise mercenary disappears.
2. After that, you should buy him a recipes for crafting of exact items which are could be only used to craft defined number of exact item
The price for every recipe depends of its level:

3. Finally, you shoud give him a materials required for crafting of that item and tell him a quantity of items you want to get. After that, you get an item and NPC get a timer until he can't craft something for you again.

Feel free to discuss this suggestion, since this is very early concept that probably needs a lot of fixes and testing.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 07:52:18 pm by Graf »

DocAN.

• Testing FO: Reloaded
Re: Crafting made simple
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 12:24:57 pm »

It will be easier to make a relog.
FOnline: Reloaded - Post apocalyptic mmorpg

Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 12:30:53 pm »

It will be easier to make a relog.
Yeah, but you can't craft for example 10 Combat Armors or 200 explosive rockets or 100 Armor piercing rockets in a row by making a relog.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 03:20:04 pm by Graf »

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 01:35:04 pm »

I sense numerous alt chars capable of having 5 mercs just for milking them the whole time
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing

Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 01:50:23 pm »

I sense numerous alt chars apable of having 5 mercs just for milking them the whole time
Wrong topic, Sarakin?

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2011, 03:10:41 pm »

Maybe I got it wrong, but you said you can buy a merc for crafting - so you can have 5 of them

Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2011, 03:18:47 pm »

Maybe I got it wrong, but you said you can buy a merc for crafting - so you can have 5 of them
Idk about that, but in my opinion it should be like it was done for NPC that is gathering simple resources - only one NPC for each base. But I have nothing against having 2 or 3 of them for each base.

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2011, 04:26:48 pm »

Having tied it to a particular base sounds really good. By setting the limit on how many these NPCs can be in a base, devs can control the economy. It doesnt have to be an NPC, maybe a crafting terminal or workbench, so crafting CDs would be moved from players to objects. No more crafter alts. If faction wanted bigger produce of crafted stuff, they would have to buy more (expensive?) bases.

Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2011, 04:46:04 pm »

Having tied it to a particular base sounds really good. By setting the limit on how many these NPCs can be in a base, devs can control the economy. It doesnt have to be an NPC, maybe a crafting terminal or workbench, so crafting CDs would be moved from players to objects. No more crafter alts. If faction wanted bigger produce of crafted stuff, they would have to buy more (expensive?) bases.
I agree with that. More expensive base = more items could be crafted within a cooldown.
Maybe there is also should be some "plants" that can produce unlimited (or just high) amount of items in a time, that could be captured by some faction like the towns in Town Control.

Perteks

• It's made of vague and to do lists!
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2011, 06:07:25 pm »

But who need in one moment 10 combat armors or whatever ?

Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2011, 07:51:15 pm »

But who need in one moment 10 combat armors or whatever ?
Big gangs does.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 2.491 seconds with 30 queries.