"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 12:25:46 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: Ghost Farm useful like never before  (Read 27319 times)

Re: Ghost Farm useful like never before
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2011, 11:42:08 pm »

Turrets instead of perma-mercs.

Plus retinal scan gate.

All parts implemented already.

(If official help available.)

I wish there were bags, backpacks, etc. in Fonline.
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2011, 12:15:34 am »

it could have rooms like the hotels but with some kind of limit to using it to encourage people to move on.
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2011, 12:23:06 am »

To make people leave... put a level limit on it.  Once you reach lvl 6 you're no longer allowed inside anymore.
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2011, 12:30:48 am »

To make people leave... put a level limit on it.  Once you reach lvl 6 you're no longer allowed inside anymore.

What would be the in-game rationale for this?

I wish there were bags, backpacks, etc. in Fonline.
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2011, 02:20:32 am »

I dislike this suggestion just because it would ruin the 1v1 pvp that I have happen to me there from time to time.

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2011, 02:26:04 am »

Makes no sense. You may leave any time (and I personally feel proud when I see my "girls" in large well known factions), but what if you feel satisfied by "teacher" role and your character is recognized by many "Slags"? Besides to hunt or gather anything more than basic rocks and wood people need to go out - the idea is not to roleplay moles or stay underground all day long.
I dislike this suggestion just because it would ruin the 1v1 pvp that I have happen to me there from time to time.
There is so much other empty places for 1vs1 PvP, that I actually find this argument critically missed.
Nie biegaj za stadem.

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2011, 02:29:22 am »

I find that your argument critically missed, and had it's testicles blown away due to the fact I was stating my opinion, not any sort of argument that is open for debate.

Most of the time in northern towns I encounter at least groups of 3 whereas I have never encountered more than one at a time at the ghost farm.

Josh

• The Armegeddon Arms Co. is temporarily on hiatus
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2011, 03:00:02 am »

...the idea is not to roleplay moles or stay underground all day long...
or is it  8)
enter wave of 1 Per ghost farm alts!
When you hear people talking about the great leader of the Armeggedon Arms Co., there talking about me. On the flip side when you hear them laughing about the Plague who stood next to guard and died or something else like that, that would be my brother Ben.

Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2011, 10:30:32 am »

It definitely sounds like a good idea, but in my opinion it can be improved further:

To protect from making this place yet another battlefield: some level limit, that restricts high-level characters to enter.
To protect from suicide-bombers: add a couple of respawning guards there that are checking your inventory and your hands for anything illegal.
To make this place more interesting to visit: a simple dungeon with low-level creatures.

avv

« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2011, 11:10:23 am »

You want to help newbies? Shoot them in the face and take their items. That's how they learn best.

Safety is going to be the biggest issue with your nuubland. If the npc guards are weak, they get wiped out and the place will be camped by dedicated playtesters. If they are too strong you end up having a new ncr, unless the npcs work like militia and there's players monitoring it. All hail Sheriff Wichura.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2011, 11:23:01 am »

It definitely sounds like a good idea, but in my opinion it can be improved further:

To protect from making this place yet another battlefield: some level limit, that restricts high-level characters to enter.
To protect from suicide-bombers: add a couple of respawning guards there that are checking your inventory and your hands for anything illegal.
To make this place more interesting to visit: a simple dungeon with low-level creatures.
How do low level beginners can learn anything if there's no experienced dude(s) around? That's why level limit is pointless in that case.

Checking for dynamites - very good idea, I don't know if possible to implement tho.

Place should be interested, yes, but not self-sufficient at all. To gain exp from killing things people gonna go out, not sit tight in one location.

You want to help newbies? Shoot them in the face and take their items. That's how they learn best.
This is what most of pr0 playahs do, I think it's enough.

Safety is going to be the biggest issue with your nuubland. If the npc guards are weak, they get wiped out and the place will be camped by dedicated playtesters. If they are too strong you end up having a new ncr, unless the npcs work like militia and there's players monitoring it.
I thought about guards behaviour like Enclave or Brotherhood does - shoot on sight anyone out of faction. It's easy, makes sense and prevents merc-leader rapists or other trolololo bored kids from camping the place. Player X acts like an asshole? One of important members changes his status in terminal (that's why it's required) and boom! Who was player X anyway?

All hail Sheriff Wichura.
It's not only my idea and for sure not military organization. No sheriffs, drill sergeants, nano-penis leaders and so on.
Nie biegaj za stadem.

« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2011, 12:14:51 pm »

Interesting idea, in fact you could start it right now only thing you need is lots of mercs and people you want to invite have to be signed in one base. These mercs can be your guarding NPCs, shooting only non-members. I think it works even when you put someone as a friend, doesn't have to be a pure member. This base (probably a cave) should be somewhere near to Modoc I guess. Hard to say if it's abusable, you could test it and publish a report on this forum like WWP did.

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2011, 12:22:08 pm »

Yeah, but trying such thing now, with mercs, mercleaders and cave will lead just to make yet another battlefield there - "hey, some n00bs with lame mercs on ghost farm, go pwn them nao!". It is possible to keep the place running that way, but it's too much time consuming to make all necessary alts, put mercs, camp grid and stuff.

Map with screenshot added, feel free to download and modify it.
Nie biegaj za stadem.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2011, 12:26:39 pm »

Checking for dynamites - very good idea, I don't know if possible to implement tho.
Already is if im not mistaken.  They'll just need to up the value for checking it to the max.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2011, 12:36:53 pm »

... but it's too much time consuming to make all necessary alts, put mercs, camp grid and stuff.
That's true.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Page created in 0.195 seconds with 21 queries.