"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 07:32:35 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: raiding guarded towns  (Read 3836 times)

Surf

• это моё.
Re: raiding guarded towns
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2011, 06:26:01 pm »

So, killing a whole town population of NPC is totally ok, but god beware if some factions base got scratched=it becomes too "harsh"?
Or how do you imagine those counteractions can be done?

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2011, 06:35:34 pm »

So, killing a whole town population of NPC is totally ok, but god beware if some factions base got scratched=it becomes too "harsh"?

NPCs don't have to gather stuff, and I heavily doubt we could to manage to kill whole NCR population. Also, it's because if it's too harsh agaisnt the reward, it won't worth it, and it will be a useless feature that noone will use. If there is a risk that they destroy your base, but you can loot an APA or 30 BA and as much plasma rifles, it worth it. If it's not so much loot, consequences should be less harsh; like, every guys who participated have a chance to encounter a patrol at your research on WM (and be killed with his stuff, probably).
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2011, 01:24:16 am »

Keep in mind what you see in-game is meant for convenience and player friendly travel.  NCR is a CAPITAL city therefore navigating it would be like going through somewhat of a real city.  Not only that, but you have modern security measures like laser gates, survelillance systems, etc.  There is no way you can compare it to a western border town of the late 1800s. 

So yea, there is a reason why guarded cities are not raidable.  Those small enough to be raided already exist.  

« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 01:35:03 am by Keldorn »

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2011, 02:03:42 am »

Keep in mind what you see in-game is meant for convenience and player friendly travel.  NCR is a CAPITAL city therefore navigating it would be like going through somewhat of a real city.  Not only that, but you have modern security measures like laser gates, survelillance systems, etc.  There is no way you can compare it to a western border town of the late 1800s. 

So yea, there is a reason why guarded cities are not raidable.  Those small enough to be raided already exist.  

Huh, it's still a place rebuilt after a nuclear apocalypse. And it's not a police state, you see that cause you go only near rich and politic headquarters or limits of the town. Going through a real city is pretty easy and without guarded checkpoints actually (at least in my country).

« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2011, 02:31:54 am »

Quote from: Crazy
Huh, it's still a place rebuilt after a nuclear apocalypse. And it's not a police state, you see that cause you go only near rich and politic headquarters or limits of the town. Going through a real city is pretty easy and without guarded checkpoints actually (at least in my country).

It may not be a police state (however security is sure like it), yet many people describe the NCR as such.  There are cops around every corner to make sure folks do not carry weapons "at the ready".  Not to mention, you can't really holster things like anti-tank weapons and mini-guns.  If you have a population of thousands, someones going to get a call of to the military base just a square or so south of NCR as soon as the first shot is fired.

I will concede that there is a possibility of a one time bank raid inside NCR.  But that would take meticulous planning to pull off.  More like a inside job/bank break-in than a bank heist.  Hollywood makes bank heists look real easy but reality hums to a different tune.

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2011, 02:13:12 pm »

Or how do you imagine those counteractions can be done?

All players set up a tent, or a common one, problem gone.
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2011, 10:19:33 pm »

As said it would be a special "quest".  Those involved would either be signed up before hand or atleast have their characters "tagged", by a GM.

I doubt any major city domination will happen unless its part of an event.  Major NPC factions will do the brunt of the fighting while player gangs will serve as mercenaries/auxilliaries.

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2011, 04:42:10 pm »

Don't want to understand huh? It's a big city, with the surprise if you're fast enough, it's surely possible to make a hit and run on a bank/depot, and go off in the streets. Of course defenders will try something, but it does not mean they are able to gather 10.000 soldiers and send them at a precise place in less than 10 minutes to wipe your ass.
You would definetly be prepared for gang raids when you'd run big city in Fallout universe.
Besides, some faction are known to be hunting raiders (eg. Brotherhood of Steel) and those would probably like to have a word with you as well.
If anything this should be either part of raiders faction or should somewhat screw your characters (like becoming slaver in second Fallout)
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2011, 06:01:43 pm »

You would definetly be prepared for gang raids when you'd run big city in Fallout universe.
Besides, some faction are known to be hunting raiders (eg. Brotherhood of Steel) and those would probably like to have a word with you as well.
If anything this should be either part of raiders faction or should somewhat screw your characters (like becoming slaver in second Fallout)

Huh, BoS wouldn't care at all if you were attacking NCR... In fact, as long you don't interupt with their business, BoS wouldn't give a fuck about you and what you're doing. But sure, this will screw your rep with all NCR towns (hub, junktown and shady sand). I don't think you should be from raider faction to do it, but raider faction definitely need some quests like that.

« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2011, 12:25:44 am »

yeah the BoS isnt really at alliance with anyone, all they care about is gathering technology and keeping their faction as secretly as possible.

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2011, 07:01:40 pm »

Huh, BoS wouldn't care at all if you were attacking NCR...

I disagree, because:

all they care about is gathering technology...

Which means, if ugly powerbuilds attacked Shady Sands using LSW's, laser rifles, plasma rifles, avengers, etc., the Brotherhood would go, grab all that powerful stuff and take it home.

...and keeping their faction as secretly as possible.

By installing high tech bunkers with flags in towns instead of random parts of the Wasteland?
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2011, 07:10:33 pm »

if ugly powerbuilds attacked Shady Sands using LSW's, laser rifles, plasma rifles, avengers, etc., the Brotherhood would go, grab all that powerful stuff and take it home.
If only BoS don't know that some bluesuiter can craft avenger minigun or plasma rifle from scratch in his own cave... that bluesuiter only need to dig rocks in well-known HQ mine, about which noone cares (BoS, NCR or VC). If you're going to think about any realism... that won't be good.
Realism: If BoS wants to store high tech equipment, then they need to move thier bunker at HQ mines with infinite resources and live there!
« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2011, 05:48:59 pm »

lol even if they "would" loot dead bodies in NCR, they wouldnt shoot anyone unless they get hit. which is stupid. and i find it stupid that they would come to NCR at all... they have the high tech, and i mean real hi-tech.... (Gauss, Turbo Plasma, Vindicator, PA, etc.)

"By installing high tech bunkers with flags in towns instead of random parts of the Wasteland?"

remember moment in original Fallout 2? you come to SF, and ask the guy something about 'why theres only you'

and then he says 'we dont need attention, we keep nose in our business, they keep in their own'.

i would say thats the same as keeping things secret. not like the popular NCR who wants to control the wasteland, and everybody knows that.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 2.994 seconds with 22 queries.