"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 03:24:28 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: raiding guarded towns  (Read 3830 times)

raiding guarded towns
« on: June 06, 2011, 01:00:19 pm »

ill keep this short... when big faction group enters for example into NCR they're able to steal plenty of loot from some place of the map by killing all guards (or hostile to them Npcs)

for example, there should be a storage building full of ready-to loot stuff like CAWS, P90C, and ammo. (maybe chance to get ranger armor) with electric gate as the only way in... when all guard npcs die, there will be message "NCR has been raided"(same time storage gate opens) same way as TC message(reinforcement NCR soldiers dont affect guard count, but theyll keep coming to kill you). and then you have chance to loot everything that storage has and run for your life because NCR soldiers will keep and keep coming at you till you leave the city. (for example 10-15 NCR soldiers and/or rangers coming every 1-2 minutes, all in CA because they protecting own city)

i think its balanced.... NCR is hard to raid with one big gang i bet, especially with reinforcement thing implented.

pros: good prizes + alliance of other gangs is allowed
cons: every bluesuit with a gun is able to shoot you down and loot you if he got a chance + NCR soldiers coming as a backup + 10 real time hours timeout to raid that town again.
when last character leaves storage room, its gate closes.. then goes 1 minute and all ncr guards respawn (the ones originally protecting NCR) (and anyone exploiting that, AKA going into the room in time, he will be teleported outside storage after 3 seconds of gates closing)
imho that can make it a huge battleground whenever gang feels doing that...

and if youd be a solo, never even try getting prize then  ::) sticking together is a power

UPDATE: those 10-15 ncr soldiers are them who patrol near ncr, if faction that raids the ncr isnt finishing raid in time (15-20 minutes) there will spawn 40 ncr soldiers with best equipment to destroy you (...because so many think that its too easy to raid)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 05:14:42 pm by Haterade »

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
Re: raiding guarded towns
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 01:03:50 pm »

No srsly it's whole republic, not bunch of militia -.-.

Same with VC filled with hi-tech defense. Hub is just lame, but that's because it apparantly did not change in 80 years?
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 01:04:47 pm »

thats why theres always reinforcement of soldiers  ::)

Stration

• Get off my lawn.
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 01:09:09 pm »

And that's what is *really* going to happen if such thing as 'raiding guarded towns for prizes' ever gets implemented:

1. a group of 30 players with avenger miniguns enters a town;
2. each of them stands next to one of the guards;
3. all guards are killed instantly when the order to shoot comes;
4. having effortlessly 'earned' high-end items from the storage, the group leaves the town 10 seconds after, and goes to another town

Sounds like fun.... not.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 01:22:25 pm by Stration »

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 01:21:36 pm »

its not that simple :) and it does sound fun! after all theres 10 real time hours timeout. plus reinforcements (which aint sissy dicks)

and the storage would be located same place where President Tandi is.

P.S. reinforcements are UNLOOTABLE. so if you waste lots of ammo, youre already dead.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 01:24:13 pm by Haterade »

Stration

• Get off my lawn.
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2011, 01:24:08 pm »

its not that simple :) and it does sound fun! after all theres 10 real time hours timeout. plus reinforcements (which aint sissy dicks)

and the storage would be located same place where President Tandi is.

The idea is so easy to exploit, and has so many disadvantages that it has absolutely no chance of being successfully implemented.

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2011, 01:25:03 pm »

ok, tell me whats exploitable? maybe i will open my eyes more..

Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2011, 01:25:38 pm »

I like the idea :) But it should be available for all guarded towns then. Want to see, how some gang would raid a Vault City with all their guards and the laser towers ;)
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2011, 01:27:31 pm »

I like the idea :) But it should be available for all guarded towns then. Want to see, how some gang would raid a Vault City with all their guards and the laser towers ;)

NCR was just an example :) i think them all should be raidable (with challenge)

P.S. about exploits, if you think that entering city and going to each guard ready to shoot with avengers is an exploit, well i dont think it is... main key here is that you kill all in time, because reinforcements are the main feature there, well, maybe this idea isnt much balanced, but again, we can slightly change it ;)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 01:31:27 pm by Haterade »
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2011, 01:39:28 pm »

The opnly way NCR could be "raided", is when its considered an event.  Maybe the start of NCR/BOS war.  There would be no realistic way a bunch of gangers could beat a multi-city alliance with decades of experience in regards to large scale/total war.
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2011, 01:40:43 pm »

gangers? why gangers? there are Factions with as hi-tech as NCR's stuff.

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2011, 02:01:36 pm »

Sounds good to me.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

CaptOmg

• Killin' paladins.
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2011, 08:07:32 pm »

This Sounds Fun, But It Would Be Harder For Newbies Just To Barely Stay Alive and There Would Be Choas All Over FOnline.
Plus, Guarded Towns are In The Game For A Reason.

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2011, 08:11:04 pm »

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2011, 08:15:31 pm »

This Sounds Fun, But It Would Be Harder For Newbies Just To Barely Stay Alive and There Would Be Choas All Over FOnline.
Plus, Guarded Towns are In The Game For A Reason.

Seriously, it hurt eyes, didn't you learn a maj goes only after a dot?
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 21 queries.